[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to choose a degree before the next week and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20170531-WA0008.jpg (215KB, 899x1599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170531-WA0008.jpg
215KB, 899x1599px
I have to choose a degree before the next week and I don't know what the fuck should I pick. I'm very good at math and technology related stuff, and average at physics and chemistry. I'm between studying math or an aerospace engineering. Maybe math plus economics, though I don't like it too much.

What should I choose?
>>
idk but that picture is really interesting.
>>
definitely not economics
go for what you're good at
>>
>>18426730
>I'm very good at math and technology related stuff
EE?

>Aerospace
I've heard this is not too good. Too specialized. You'd have more opportunities with an ME degree

>math and econ/finance
if you want to work for shekelstein at some bank, then sure
>>
>>18426730
Technology is usually a god career if you like that type of work. Lots of different areas to pursue.
>>
File: 1497632395108.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497632395108.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
Do PPE and join monseiur sheklestein
>>
Hey anon, currently going through uni myself and had to make the call, just like you.

You know what's awesome? Flexibility in degrees. You know what else is awesome? Courses that degrees have in common. Know what is the most awesome? Unis will let you transfer degrees and keep the work (usually referred to as units) and count them towards a new degree.

You absolutely do not have to stick with the decision you make for your whole 4+ years. In fact, most students probably don't. My solution? Pick a broad degree (go for a Bachelor of Science, they have so much damn diversity) and just experiment. Try this and that, see what tickles your fancy. Not sure how your uni will work, but where I'm from, you usually do all the courses and then just say you've completed a major by virture of doing all the courses required for it. If you want a different major, just study the courses missing to complete it.

It's not the end of the world, anon. It's your future, and it's not set in stone as soon as you make the decision.

By the way, check out computer science - you might end up loving the math/tech mix. Huge job field for it, too.

Enjoy your week.
>>
>>18426730
Just do economics, much shekels
>>
Math plus economics can be a very lucrative career, I am actually in that field working for BOA.

You might be interested in the website
news.efinancialcareers.com/

A friend of mine who studied aerospace had difficulty actually getting a job in the field and now works for oem parts manufacturer for GE.

Despite what they say banking especially fintech and the cutting edge of banking is fascinating stuff, maybe look into becoming a blockchain developer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.