[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i get rid of acne? Its putting me down, i look decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: BW5GpbfCQAAp5B-.jpg (43KB, 599x326px) Image search: [Google]
BW5GpbfCQAAp5B-.jpg
43KB, 599x326px
How do i get rid of acne? Its putting me down, i look decent but the opposite gender gets put off immediately by my face too.

Have tried benzoylperoxide and inderm. I eat healthy and go to the gym 4 times a week.
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211KB, 1600x447px) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211KB, 1600x447px
>>18373990

this is me before and after tretinoin, a prescription cream you rub on your acne and it kills it in like 3 days.

the problem? well your face gets lots of gunk and it doesnt stop acne from being made, so if your face is a coming and going of pimples you will still constantly be seeing them appear and trying to get rid of them.

what made me look permanently like my 'after' pic is accutane. i was only on it for 3 months before i had to stop it for unrelated reasons, but in that time it cured me. i still have to use a strong face wash and moisturize, but my life is so much better now. not just because i look good but because i dont spend ALL day fussing over my face, washing it when you touch the wrong 'spot' applying cream after cream after cream.

its so simple now. wash face. then moisturize. amazing.
>>
>>18373990
STOP. SCRUBBING. THE SHIT. OUT. OF. YOUR. FACE. stop using harsh cleaners. what you are doing is killing all the bacteria on your face, while also creating a bunch of dead skin. well guess what, the beneficial bacteria aren't as hardy as the bad, and you just created a bunch of microscopic decaying waste on your face. "well but I'm washing my face" yeah but all that food goes into your pores and sticks there, and then you get a bacterial infection, then you get a zit.

only use water for like 3 weeks. you're going to get really oily for a bit because your skin is overproducing oils cause you keep drying it the fuck out like a good goy buying all that shit, then you're going to break out, then it's going to clear up.

since you work out and sweat more, it should go a little faster, but you also need to be taking a shower soon after working out. what I used to do was a steam shower, and then a cold shower. steam to open up and clean out your pores, cold to slam them shut and help with lactic acid processing and recovery.
>>
>>18373990
The only thing which helped me was not giving shit. Then suddenly i grew up and no pimples.

The best thing was how all it took one look from my mom and she was literally insulted by my face. So i was at varios doctors, dermatologists and woodoo witches, everybody prescribed different tactics and drugs.

And yes, nothing worked. I annoyed my mom simply by showing my face to her.

Good luck with your puberty!
>>
File: drbronners.jpg (59KB, 285x679px) Image search: [Google]
drbronners.jpg
59KB, 285x679px
This and moisturize.

It might burn at first, you only need a drop or two of soap diluted with water.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-01-16-33-05-1.png (176KB, 1080x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-01-16-33-05-1.png
176KB, 1080x1011px
Why not buy a PMD to clean up the skin and stop dirt and shit from building up, basically just scrubs over the dead skin so you have fresh new skin also can be used on all parts of the body. Only about $175
>>
>>18374029
Same, mine would say passive aggressive shit like "doesn't your face hurt" and wincing slightly when looking my direction.

OP, wash face with water, sleep with clean towel over pillow
>>
>>18374014
OP here
I dont scrub at all man i know that doesnt work, i rinse with water every 3 days, if i do it more often it gets worse
>>
>>18374003
OP

Damn thats solid, im gonna go see my doctor and ask for it, ive read about it a few times, the accutane.
>>
>>18374060
Mine is actually really chill about it, feels bad for me. Not that it helps haha
>>
>>18374069
>i rinse with water every 3 days
what? are you not showering every day? you filthy animal. that could be part of your problem.
>>
>>18374101
Of course im showering, im talking about just my face. Shower everytime after i exercise. Which is every 2nd day.
Monday
Wednesday
Friday
Sunday
Now that its summer i shower more often.
>>
>>18374101
This. Better hygiene is the key for good skin. Also you should try eating a carrot a day. Carrot have high levels of retinoic acid, which helps for the renewing of skin cells (eg: roacutan is a drug used with this purpose)
>>
>>18373990

What about accutane?

I had pretty bad skin. So did the rest of my siblings. Parents put us on accutane, all of us have perfect skin now.

Older sister was put on a high dose and had shit side effects for a while. Now she is clear.

I went to another dermatologist and he told me it was better to go on a very low dose for a long period of time. Minimal side effects. If I remember right I took like 10mg or less once a day for a while. Had barely any side effects, aside from initially getting a few more pimples.

I literally never get pimples anymore, neither do my siblings. Worked for a number of my friends too.

Not sure why everyone with bad skin doesnt just go on it.
>>
>>18374014
>>18374040
>>18374049
these are all bullshit and terrible advice

>>18373990
I need more details about your condition.

What are the affected areas? Just the face?
How often do you wash the affected areas?
What do you wash them with?
How long have you had this problem?
How long have you been trying to treat the acne?
What have you tried besides benzoyl peroxide and Inderm? How do you use these products?
Inderm is prescription only correct? Am I to assume you've been to a doctor about this? If so what kind of doctor and what did they say?
>>
>>18374115
You need to shower EVERY DAY
>>
>>18374212
Yeah a friend of mine has really bad acne, I'm talking all over his face, back, chest, arms. I don't know why he doesn't get medical helo. He gets girlfriends, but has never gotten laid and is constantly being cucked by one of our friends. No joke literally every girl I've seen him with has either already been fucked by this one guy or immediately after gets fuck by him, and all these girls had been virgins.
>>
>>18373990
>>>18374014
>>>18374040
>>>18374049
>these are all bullshit and terrible advice
>
>>>18373990
>I need more details about your condition.
>
>What are the affected areas? Just the face?
Face primarily, back has some pimples, definitely not my concern.
>How often do you wash the affected areas?
Rinse with water every 3 days apart from showering every 2nd day.
>What do you wash them with?
Water^^ sometimes ph neutral soap. Unicura.
>How long have you had this problem?
Started at almost 17 turning 20 (perfect skin before this)
>How long have you been trying to treat the acne?
About a year/1.5 years
>What have you tried besides benzoyl peroxide and Inderm? How do you use these products?
Every cleaning product like clearasil, basic stuff against pimples and charcoal masks/wash. None worked, did as the package said.
>Inderm is prescription only correct? Am I to assume you've been to a doctor about this? If so what kind of doctor and what did they say?
Yes prescription, normal doctor, he said to use it once a day for start, if it doesnt get worse go to 2 times a day
>>
>>18374296
Thats actually sad
>>
>>18374302
>None worked, did as the package said.
The package for products like those usually say to wash your face 1-3 times per day... and you said you wash your face with water like 4 times a week?

How long did you try those products for (as well as the Inderm)? Despite all the bullshit you hear from commercials, acne doesn't go away quickly at all. Usually takes weeks (mild, which since you went to a doctor I'm assuming you don't have) to several months (severe).
>>
>>18374302
>these are all bullshit and terrible advice
haven't had a zit in years since I stopped scrubbing and drying the shit out of my face.
>>
>>18374374
Cool anecdotal evidence bro, but not all skin is the same. If he wants to treat this problem efficiently and efficaciously, he should be using drug products and not fucking water. By the sounds of it, he's doing the opposite of what you're saying caused you to have acne.
>>
>>18374340
Not the amount, the way you use it.

Basically stuff on, leave on for a little, wash off.
>>
>>18373990
I'm 28 and I get pimples still

Sometimes you're just dealt a shit card in life
>>
putting a clean towel on your pillow is so fucking underrated
alone that hasn't gotten rid of my acne but it definitely helped
also stop picking and poking and popping

t. had cystic acne and been on accutane three times
>>
>>18375551
>also stop picking and poking and popping
I wish I followed this as a teenager

My shoulders and back look like a fucking WWI battlefield
>>
>>18375559
It's fucking hard not to
I ways think it will look better if I "just got all the pus out then that's it I'm done" but I never learn
Honestly the popping process is somewhat theraputic almost. My mother had ocd and she would obsess over her acne. It was just too satisfying and she always thought it would look so much better after its popped
>>
>>18375564
Once it's a whitehead, I think popping can lead to faster healing
At least, it'll be over with
>>
>>18375569
That's true. For me I always thought if I can get the pus out before it becomes a whitehead I would be golden.
Obviously that led to more problems
>>
OP here

Used to pick and pop alot, was very finicky and nervous back then, recently ive become more chill andi can control myself for the most part. Can definitely relate to the "it looks better when popped".

Its hard now too, benzoylperoxide dries up the skin and so the pimples/acne.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.