[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/. I'm 18, I graduated high school but have no valuable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1476436782247.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1476436782247.gif
2MB, 400x267px
Hi /adv/. I'm 18, I graduated high school but have no valuable skills or experience in anything, and my father wants me to find a job for this summer.

I have pretty terrible social anxiety and panic when I'm in places with lots of people, so I don't know what I could do that neither requires a degree nor social skills.
Could I have some suggestions?
>>
Sell some dick or get face fucked for $$
>>
>>18373070
Perhaps telemarketing? Ik you mentioned social anxiety, but it's over the phone so should be easier.
Dishwashing, unskilled manual labor like warehouse work (hit up local UPS, Fedex and Amazon) or fencing/painting, janitorial work, etc...
>>
>>18373070

Work on a warehouse of a library putting shit in it's place. THere are low interaction shows, just work the backroom.

Also, unless a doctor said it, please don't self diagnose. I don't know you, but plenty people do that to justify their fears.
>>
>>18373085
>>18373086
Warehouse work sounds good. Are these jobs typically easy to get? I'm European.
>don't self diagnose
Sure, I don't know how to call it though.
>>
>>18373096

No job is easy to get.

>Sure, I don't know how to call it though.

It's called been a teen, dude. We were all scared. Talking like that though makes you look bad. Like you want to blame something outside of your control when in reality it's just you. You are in front a difficult task, finding your first job. But you'll survive. Just don't make excuses and if they offer you a job selling crap to turists, take it.
>>
>>18373070

What were your grades anon, if they were good to okay you can go to university-college and if they kinda sucked you could still go to trade school and become a welder or blacksmith or something else you find interesting
>>
>>18373116

He needs a summer job, not a carrer.
>>
>>18373107
>No job is easy to get
I don't care about the pay, whether it's intellectually stimulating or any of that, I just want to be alone.
>been a teen
I have no friends, no casual acquaintances, literally no hobbies, I haven't had a conversation with someone my age for around a year and I go outside twice a week at most. I don't know how to talk to people
>>18373116
My grades were shit but I'm waiting a few months before applying to uni since applications are closed in my country so I have to wait for the next semester or whatever.
>>
>>18373133
>I don't know how to talk to people

You'll learn. You can't hide from life. Better to get that through your head now. It's not so bad out here. You'd find something you like if you gave it a shot.
>>
>>18373140
That's not really what I'm asking though.
>>
>>18373159

You have suggestion up above. I also suggest you start coming to terms to how things are. Not how you want them to be.

You'll be offered jobs where you won't be alone, and I think you should take them. Good luck, though. I still feel nervous about messing up at my job, but I know I'm doing my best. All it takes is trying.
>>
>>18373167
>start coming to terms to how things are
Where did I suggest I hadn't?
I acknowledge how things are and I'm not trying to deny anything.
>I think you should take them
Why do you think that? Assuming I have other options, I mean.

Thanks, you too.
>>
>>18373187
>Assuming I have other options

No, take the one you like from the options you have.

But if you see the opportunity to get a job, let's assume it's the only one that actually takes you in for an interview, and it involves sales. Would you take it? Or would you keep waiting until "something better comes along"?
>>
>>18373197
>it involves sales
Probably not, but even if I did I doubt they'd keep me.
I worked for two weeks at a pawn shop when I was sixteen and had to help customers, the manager said I looked gloomy and aggressive and that I should find something else to do. I was trying my best, too.
I understand what you mean though.
>>
>>18373211
>Probably not

Well, that's the attitude I'm talking about. Most people don't get to pick their job, even if they get to pick the field where they work. So, make the best with what you have.
>>
>>18373222
I guess. Thanks again.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.