[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm paranoid that my professor laughed at me, and its killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

We were doing a live chat review for the exam on Friday. She asked P(R|M), I answered quickly, saying it was 15/6 because the last question was P(M|R) = 6/15. I instantly realized how stupid I sounded, but I heard her blow air out of her nose. The kind of sound you here when someone snickers at you, and she said "No anon, I can see why you said so, but that's not it". I know most people aren't affected by something like this, but it feels like she's ridiculing my intelligence. How do I stop feeling this way, and move on with my studying?
>>
Someone please reply, this is eating me alive.
>>
She gets paid to teach, not to not be a cunt.
>>
LMAO
>>
>>18371206
Professor (not yours) writing here.

The very essence of education is reaching beyond what you know into what you don't know, and if you are going to get upset every time you get something "wrong" education is just not for you.

Meanwhile, her response "I can see why" sounds remarkably kind and encouraging. She isn't calling you stupid at all. She's saying that's an easy mistake to make, so there's no real shame in making it, and guiding you to see where you went wrong and what the right answer is. That's what teaching IS.
>>
>>18371266
So, she is a cunt for doing so? Honestly, I'm not even completely certain she did laugh, it was a vocal stream. I know I sound ridiculously sensitive, but there is nothing worse to me than laughing at stupidity.
>>
>>18371290
Eh this is basically why you shouldn't give a shit. You don't even know what the case is here.
>>
>>18371287
She was remarking that other classmates made common mistakes answering prior questions, so you are right. I think it's something deeper, something to do with her being a women. I can't stand attractive woman being smarter than me, it's so awful. I've also been called stupid my entire life by nearly everyone. I'm a male btw.
>>
>>18371249
>>18371206
First of all, you're reading a lot into an exhalation, especially given she said, "I can see why you said so..."
Second of all, if you feel like she insulted your intelligence, then work hard and graduate magna cum laude so nobody can ever do that again without being objectively wrong.
>>
>>18371304
I read a lot into everything, I always have.
>>
>>18371312
Same. It's torture.

In fact, seeing you go through it makes me realise how clouded my judgment is with regard to myself. Won't change anything though, obviously.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.