[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now, the thing is I meet a handful potential partners who all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1268692260680.jpg (20KB, 512x377px) Image search: [Google]
1268692260680.jpg
20KB, 512x377px
Now, the thing is I meet a handful potential partners who all show interest in a relationship but I lost the ability to trust anyone due to several betrayals and failed relationships in the past, so...

How do I get rid of trust issues?
>>
>>18368125
I'm sure you know yourself that there is no easy answer for that.

What you must always keep in mind, though, is that you shouldn't project someone else's shortcomings onto a new relationship. Don't smother a new SO because a previous one broke your trust, because things will go very sour very quickly if you do.

If you can't do that, there's no point in getting into a new relationship. You should also communicate these issues once things start getting more serious, so the other person knows what's up.
>>
>>18368135
Thanks. I didn't expect a miracle solution to this because there is none, but different perspectives and thoughts are always helpful.

It's not like I am plagued by a fear of some sort, but I just cant't let myself go and open myself up. I don't trap my feelings inside because there are none. Wether this is just an illusion I created myself or fact, can't tell.
>>
>>18368125
Train them
>>
>>18368198
Give me a point from where to start and we'll see where that leads.
>>
>>18368125
shit son, i dunno.
You're the kind of damaged goods I normally tell people to avoid.

So..... here's my advice

It will take time, and there is no way for you find out if you can trust someone except by making yourself vulnerable and opening up. Its gonna be scary, but if you don't then you'll be sad and lonely forever.
When you get someone you think you can trust, communication is key, especially for you.

Also, people aren't perfect, so consider that when reflecting on your past issues. (even if they are really shitty people who did really shitty things) you'll have to forgive them to move on, otherwise you'll never be able to let it go.
>>
>>18368224
Thanks.

Basically that's the obvious anwser which I need to let it sink in.

Allow me to ask why to avoid someone like me?
>>
>>18368125
Install keylogger and tracking app on their phone.

Or get over your own insecurities.
>>
>>18368267
>Allow me to ask why to avoid someone like me?

Stop being so insecure.
If all it takes is some idiot on an anonymous board to make you believe you're damaged goods then you must have pretty low self esteem. You're worth more than you think, but if you don't believe that nobody else will either.
>>
>>18368267

Your trust issues will negatively effect your partner

This guy also has a point: Your insecurity will only make things worse.
>>18368431

man up, consider the advice I gave you, but i'm also just some dude on the internet. YOU have to decide what to do
>>
>>18368431
Easier said than done. The thing with self esteem is, why the hell should I think I am a god damn half deity when I'm just a plain normal human like everyone else?
>>
>>18368452

Being a normal human with flaws and virtues like everyone else is exactly what I'm suggesting. I don't know how you interpreted what I said to mean that you should consider yourself superior to others.
>>
>>18368456
Now you see that self esteem is not that of a problem. At least for me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.