[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Trying to help bf understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I feel like I'm having a hard time helping my bf understand the stress I deal with in my life. I've come from a lower income family and parents with no education. I'm living on my own and paying for uni on my own as well. So I mean I get pretty stressed about making sure I get everything taken care of, making sure I get good grades and succeed. My bf came from a higher income background and didnt have to pay for anything so I understand that he doesn't know how it feels. But when I try to explain my worry and stress he seems to try to downplay it like it's not a big deal. How do I help him understand without trying to sound pretentious or something. I just want him to understand that I'm feeling pressure and that I've made it this far is a big deal to me.
>>
>>18363761
Tell him like you just told /adv/. If he doesn't understand, he's a dipshit.
>>
>>18363815
yeah, it seemed pretty reasonable the way you presented.

if you haven't done this yet, it must be because you are scared of what he will say.

you know him better than us. is he a reasonable person?

Are you actually being needlessly hysterical even though you're doing just fine and he's right?
>>
>>18363761
You're obviously beating around the bush here.

If you're boyfriend isn't being emotionally supportive, just let him know.

If you guys love each other, there'll be no guilt-tripping or shame. Just an honest discussion.

Your time together should be enjoyable, not stressful.
>>
>>18363761
I hate silver-spoon children. Not only do they just make up unfounded knowledge about the world, they think they can condescend their peers and slip degrading remarks into everything they say. I hope they all actually die. They usually suck shit at anything practical, and can't form close bonds, so who would miss them?
>>
>>18363761
hes trying to "calm you" by downplaying it.
>>
they will never understand, you are used to "no, cant have that, cant afford it" hes used to the exact opposite, they dont understand whats it like not being sure what you gona eat tomorow

i hope this is not some thinly veiled "pay for my shit" manipulation attempt
>>
>>18364425
"Pay for my shit manipulation attempt"?
I pay for my own stuff, I buy him things when I see something I think he'd like and we usually take turns paying for each other. I don't need or want monetary support. Just emotional support.
>>
>>18363886
That's the thing also, although I'm not needlessly historical. I don't need him to hold my hand. I'm just not sure if maybe I should just suck it up and deal with it.
>>
>>18363761
Another approach you can take is this. Stress is a fact. It almost doesn't matter whether the causes are "legitimate" or not- the effect on you is the same. He has to acknowledge the fact of your stress and help you deal with it, not try to deny its legitimacy.
>>
>>18364753
How exactly could I go upon this approach?
Honestly the only responses I get when I talk about my stress is: "Oh that's rough" or "That sucks"
>>
Steal all his money and things of value...when he's mad or wat not say" it's ok baby your semi rich and can replace all these things "....
>>
>>18365000
Lol Do I need to emphasize that I would like emotional support not money and things
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.