[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Parents wont let me do an internship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2714.jpg (129KB, 1002x782px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2714.jpg
129KB, 1002x782px
I got accepted into this super competitive internship about a month ago. When I told my parents they said they wont let me do it because its out of state. My parents are super strict with me because Im a girl and they don't want me spending night out of the house. When I try to talk to them about it they either shut down all discussion of it or start yelling about completely irrelevant stuff. What do I do
>>
Tell them to eat a fat one and you're doing it anyway.
>>
>They won't let me
You're at least 18, right?

Means you're an adult and you can stand up to them. Tell them to fuck off for being unsupportive asshats and go do what you want to do.

They aren't very good parents if they want to control their child and stop them from being better people, just saying.
>>
>>18365130
I disagree, if OP is still living under their roof and eating their food, you should still show them respect and recognise that you aren't independent. That attitude belongs to those who are independent.
>>
>>18363758

Curious OP...what field is the internship in? Is it a paid internship?
>>
>>18365153
If she's going out of state then she's obviously moving out.
>>
>>18365153
How about you suck a cock? It's wrong when silly people who make wrong decision are given full authority. If OP is at least 18 they should let her have the internship after all that would be a step to becoming INDEPENDENT herself.
>>
>>18365204

And when the internship is over?
You can't be this autistic...
>>
Look they don't want u going out of state to be a slut and come home pregnant . Just be a slut at home and fuck one of your dad's friends for revenge
>>
>>18364068
Wow what a solid idea considering they may be paying for her education
>>18365218
How about you stop typing like your on tumblr?

OP if you've tried talking to them and it doesn't seem to be happening then you can either try to ask a family member to help (although this probably wont work) or you should just forget about it. If it is somewhere along the lines to an internship on wallstreet that would put you in line for an incredible career you have to make a choice. Usually those types of internships are paid but if it means that much to you consider moving out and dealing with the consequences.
>>
>>18365218
>patents support me through school
>crew them. I'm a strong independent wo man
>>
>>18363758
You have to be at least 18 to post on this website, so I'm going to assume that you're an adult.

This is an easy problem (if you think otherwise, you're a privileged child). Go ahead and do it. Be an adult. Don't let you parents ruin your life because of irrational behavior.

If you don't like this advice, then fuck off. You either do it or you don't. It's entirely up to you and you alone. Stop whining.
>>
Tell them this will look really good on your resume. Tell them you'll be done in a few months and then when you get home, you can get a good job with that experience.

Are you indian btw?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.