[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today a guy pretending to be from the water company came by and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1471060199013.png (504KB, 698x760px) Image search: [Google]
1471060199013.png
504KB, 698x760px
Today a guy pretending to be from the water company came by and tried to come in the house. He left a letter which is fake. I googled his name and nothing pops up. The number he left doesn't belong to the water company.

I asked my parents what they want to do about it and they said they'll just file a complaint.

I'm kind of pissed because that will do nothing and he'll get away. I don't see why I can set up an appointment for him to come over and the cops can wait for him and arrest him. I feel like even if they don't want to that I should take matters into my own hands.
>>
The police can't arrest him if he hasn't done anything illegal
>>
>>18356680
He's trying to enter people's houses impersonating someone he isn't.

I'm not worried so much about myself. I'll be fine, I'm just worried it'll happen to some old lady or a teenager who doesn't know any better
>>
>>18356674
Hes probably from the water company and you have no idea what you are talking about.
Furthermore theres literally nothing you can do until he does something. You can pretend to be whoever you want, just as long as you dont disrupt anything.
>>
>>18356687
Unless he has actually entered someone's house uninvited, he still hasn't done anything wrong. That's how the law is - it's reactive, not proactive.
>>
>>18356720
What if I invite him in the house then confront him about who he is?
>>
>>18356736
Then he still hasn't done anything illegal. What is so hard to understand about this concept?
>>
>>18356744
No, I'll confront him and see where it goes from there. Maybe he'll try to punch me or something
>>
>>18356736
He HAS to do something illegal. pretending to be someone you are not is not illegal.
>>
>>18356751
Why would he do that? What's more likely to happen is that he just leaves
>>
>>18356766
He might panic
>>
>>18356753
>>18356744
Lawfag here.

Entering someone's home under false pretenses is certainly illegal and a felony
>>
>>18356773
Why would he panic?

And even if he did, he'd just have a charge for assault. If all he did was punch you, then that's pretty tame in the grand scheme of things and he's most likely to get away with a slap on the wrist or community service.

Your parents are right here. What you need to do is file a complaint with community watch or the police or whatever. Then they can issue a community notice telling people to look out for this guy IF they think his actions are suspicious and pose a threat.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.