[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always fail at diets because as soon as I eat anything I end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I always fail at diets because as soon as I eat anything I end up binging. If I don't eat then I'm not hungry. It's only when I start eating that I have a problem

The only way I've been able to lose weight is by not eating at all and just drinking water.

I haven't eaten in 3 days

Do I have an eating disorder? I'm clinically obese so I can't be anorexic and I don't purge so I'm not bulimic.
>>
You can be obese and anorexic.
Intermittent fasting and high fat/protein low carbs has worked for me. Was 350 now down to 175
>>
>>18351993
Intermittent fasting doesn't work for me, I end up binging when I eat. Playing with macros doesn't help either
>>
Hi when you dont eat and starve yourself, and then eat your body goes into survival mode and stores all the fat from your next binge meal.
I bet your fat cause you arent active.
>>
>>18351994
Of course no diet is going work when you exert no self control. This isn't about the food its about your self control. Not eating is a horrible idea. Stop looking to shift the blame to a disorder and take responsibility for your actions.
>>
>>18352117
The problem is that it's been 10 years and I cannot exert enough self control.

But not eating for 3 days is much much easier than eating small amounts every day

Because once I eat something my brain suddenly becomes incredibly fixated on food and I WILL binge.
>>
>>18352141
Look at the language you are using. You are making it seem that you are a victim of circumstance. "...and I WILL binge" that is not inevitable it is entirely up to you. "I cannot exert enough self control" yes you can you just CHOOSE note to. I recommend reading Awaken The Giant Within by Anthony Robbins, he touches on the issue that is really plaguing your life. You are at the cause of your life, not the effect.
>>
>>18352147
Why would I choose to sabotage myself for 10 years and ruin my life?

That's ridiculous. If I had a choice I wouldn't binge

Unfortunately free will is an illusion.
>>
File: 1490924477087.jpg (248KB, 984x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1490924477087.jpg
248KB, 984x1536px
>>18352192
How the fuck would I know why you have such destructive habits. Ok sure free will is a choice. Stop trying to lose weight then because it's never going to happen. Happy? Now you can self indulge and eat yourself to death knowing that it wasn't your fault and you were the victim. That small amount of text summed up why you're fat.
>>
>>18352197
>free will is a choice

Makes absolutely no sense, I don't think you're aware of the definition of free will

I'm just saying if not binging was a choice then why the fuck would I choose to ruin my life by binging for a decade? Why do people live their lives in misery if all they had to do to change things was to make a different choice?

That's like saying to an alcoholic "just don't drink"

If they could just "not drink" they would have stopped drinking years ago instead of slowly killing themselves and losing their children and spouses and everything in their lives

Do you think alcoholics want to ruin their lives? Do you think they want to be living that way?

If it was just a choice then why do rehabs exist?

Why can human behaviour be so accurately predicted, influenced and manipulated if people had complete freedom to choose what they do?
>>
File: 1477064037740.jpg (194KB, 900x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1477064037740.jpg
194KB, 900x1349px
>>18352231
Lol I meant to say "Ok sure free will is an illusion, my b"

>Why do people live their lives in misery if all they had to do to change things was to make a different choice?

Most people are mediocre. People tend to not do things because they are difficult. Alcoholics ultimately make the choice to drink, ergo they suffer the consequences. You've lived your life in such a shit condition that you've rationalized the reason why your body is the way it is. In your mind you're simply a victim of circumstance therefore you are fat. Free will being an illusion basically plays into the concept of predestination. If we have no power over our actions everything is basically decided already.

Also if free will is an illusion what's the point of asking if you have an eating disorder? Having an eating disorder would be inconsequential if you have no ability to change your actions. To answer your question of "if not binging was a choice then why the fuck would I choose to ruin my life" its because you have shit habits and lack self control. You also have a victim mentality that causes you to look outwards and blame an external force that is seemingly forcing you to stuff your face and have a horrible body.
>>
>this autist making excuses for himself as if he HAS to binge
I'm fat as fuck and it's because I willingly choose to binge, even when I know it's bad for me. You turn off your brain when you eat and don't think about the consequences of doing so. Stop making excuses for yourself as if it isn't your fault that you're fat. Acknowledge it and be willing to change rather than playing the victim.

Are you a woman by any chance?
>>
>>18351988
Go talk to a doctor, not 4chan.
>>
>>18351988
Anorexia isnt necessarily your weight.

Its not eating out of fear of gaining weight. Most anorexics are thin, but a fatty can be too.

Yes this is an eating disorder. And i know from personal experience (not a disorder.. I just suck at eating) that you will gain weight from not eating if not now, then later.

Basically i eat very healthy foods and stay away from junk. I also work heavy labour so im fit.

My weight fluctuates a lot. Heres the ironic thing followed by explanation (confirmed by doctor). Sometimes i get out of the habit of packing lunch. In these times i eat mcdonalds and crap for lunch every day.

Its these periods my weight drops. I always found it weird. The actual reason is that when i eat "healthy" i dont eat enough. The foods i choose are rich in vitamins and minerals but not in calories. I found out after too long in these periods im consuming 1000 calories a day. With my weight and size i need 2000 to sit an a couch all day (base metabolism) and i need another 2000 for my job (im a scaffolder. Heavy lifting, and a lot of climbing and hanging off of things and squats).

Mcdonalds isnt necessarily bad. Its that its super calorie and sodium rich so its terrible *on top of* a normal diet.

But when i eat it, im actually meeting my needs and my body is functioning better. When i dont, im essentially starving myself and my body is storing fat.

Eat, anon. Go find out your base metabolism, (if youre very fat thats very high) and meet it, or eat a bit less, and do some exercise. Also muscle burns more calories so do some strength training (according at least to a kinesiologist i spoke with.)
>>
Op, I know the feeling you're talking about where eating one thing makes some kind of chasm open. I agree that it doesn't sound healthy or sustainable to fast and binge. I'm a normal weight but have tried to lose a few lbs/kgs, and it was harder than I thought. Once I started paying attention to what I eat, food was suddenly always on my mind, which made me what to eat more. I was only able to lose half what I hoped, and that was from switching to water only for drinks and exercising. The rest was a bit more complex and probably would've required help.

Perhaps try a therapist or some self help books? I think eating is a bit similar to addiction and can require guidance to change your habits. It requires a permanent change, but it's not like smoking or alcohol where you can work towards never touching one thing again (since sugar and carbs are in almost everything). Not that it's harder or easier for either addiction. A nutritionist may also be able to help you with what times to eat and what will keep you feeling full. I'm sorry about the demeaning anons- I don't know how berating someone is supposed help them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.