[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21 and the past 2 years my parents have been tracking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6576.png (351KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6576.png
351KB, 640x1136px
I'm 21 and the past 2 years my parents have been tracking me with Find My IPhone. They always know where I am because they "can't trust me"

Frankly it's creepy and I've had enough. I depend on them financially though. (They pay for my entire tuition and all my car expenses) I want to confront them respectfully about this but I'm not sure how.
>>
From someone in a similar scenario, just tell them that you want to not be monitored and be willing to fall on your face and pick yourself up on your own without them helping. Taking responsibility is something all parents hope to have their children do when they grow older
>>
>>18350347

Why don't they trust you?
>>
>>18350347
>car
>tuition
>iphone

I am sorry, but you are practically still their little kid. You are in no position to demand "freedom". I agree it is a bit crepy, but that is the tax for living in 21st century. With face recognition and your cellphone, the gov practically tracks them as they track you.

So op, what are you planning to do which they must not know?
>fuck girl?
>drugs?
>trafficing people?

Or is it really only about the creep level? Hang in there op. Just a few years, you will get some job and be done with it.

Also have you considered leaving your phone at home or simply disable internet connection / gps?

What is the part of your story which you havent told us?
>>
>>18350424
I don't want to be tracked so I can go on Tinder dates without me having to tell them exactly what I'm doing.

I haven't done anything to lose their trust, besides one time in highschool I went to my ex girlfriend's house without telling them. That's about it. but the trust issue is there, especially because my dad is practically a narcissist.
>>
>>18350347

If you want to be out from under your parent's thumb then stop taking their money. You're 21 years old; either you stand up and take responsibility for your life or let them continue to run it.

So long as you're financially dependent on your mommy and daddy they can pretty much do whatever they want. Money or freedom. Make a choice.
>>
Get a burner phone and leave the iPhone at home or with a friend. Walmart t-mobile plan is $30/mo for 100 minutes, unltd texting and some data
>>
>>18350347
Here's an idea, leave your phone at home or anywhere else besides where you are going.
>>
>>18350453
I see no reason why wouldnt you tell them.

Buy condoms and just go on date. They arent stupid, they will realize it is date. If they ask anyway, just show them condoms you bought and that will be it.

Your parents wont have any reason to sabotage their own sons dating game.

Good luck on date. And really buy condoms ir be teen and pregnant.
>>
>>18350347
Turn off location services
>>
Buy a cheap phone and use it instead. Leave the iPhone at home or at a friends house or whatever.
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-budget-android-phone/
>>
File: 1431173634197.jpg (167KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
1431173634197.jpg
167KB, 500x668px
did you do drugs op?
>>
>>18350475
>21
>teen and pregnant
take this advice seriously
>>
>>18352284
op is obviously underage, aint no grown ass 21 year old in a situation like this.
>>
>Parents tracking where you are at all times
>At age 21

I cannot fucking wrap my head around this.

This kind of shit would creep me out if you were 14, never mind when you're a grown ass adult.

I don't see how them paying for your tuition even remotely justifies this shit unless you have like, a history of mental illness that makes you run away or possibly of misspending the money they give you.

I dunno how you'd talk to them about it though, because unless you've done something seriously fucked up to justify this kind of stuff I cannot imagine a parent subjecting their grown son to this unless they are actually fucking insane.
>>
>>18350347
Leave your phone home and buy a cheap one to carry on occasions you don't want them to know where you are.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.