[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I set up some home-surveillance equipment and never inform

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1479430421691.jpg (44KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
1479430421691.jpg
44KB, 635x473px
If I set up some home-surveillance equipment and never inform people who enter my house, am I in the ethical right?
I ask specifically because I may have a need soon to record anybody coming up my doorway, in through my porch, bedroom window, and then the general areas they may occupy as a security measure.
But I don't want to have to say to any unfortunate woman that decides I'm good enough for the night "Hey btw there are cameras in here!" because that's super fucking creepy
>>
>>18154968
>am I in the ethical right?

Yeah, you're fine.

Even if you had cameras in your bedroom, so long as you werent pervy about it and watched them later it is ethical.

Obviously nothing in bathrooms, regardless of anything that is unethical.

But in general areas of your home and outside are realistic, practical and ethically A_OK
>>
>>18154968
It passes an ethics test, as long as you don't have any intention in benefiting from this endeavor sexually, financially, or otherwise outside of self defense.
>>
You're not allowed to record people where they have a reasonable expectation of privacy
>>
>>18155002
>>18154971
So not mentioning it is fine?
What if a sharper eyed person notices them?
Like if I had a one night stand how would I explain that?
>>
>>18155003
Not a lawyer but I don't think they have a reasonable expectation of privacy in someone else's house
>>
>>18155004
"I have cameras for house security"

I mean, home security, packages of cameras and apps combined are pretty normal these days.

Yes not mentioning it is fine. If they ask, say you have cameras in case some asshole breaks into your house. Pretty solid logic there. Just say it is for personal home security. If a girl freaks out on you she is likely a conspiracy nut. Especially considering there are no cameras in your room itself..

Dont record your sexual endeavors without notice and you're perfectly in the clear.
>>
>>18155108
>Not a lawyer but I don't think they have a reasonable expectation of privacy in someone else's house
No, it is a felony to record sex in your own apartment without both parties consenting. A case might even be made from someone opening up privately and you recording it, but I havent seen that. Im sure it exists somewhere, but it might involve something like business secrets.
>>
>>18155108
People have a reasonable expectation of privacy when going to the bathroom, showering, having sex w/ you, changing even if it's in your house unless you explicitly tell them before hand you're recording everything.
>>
>>18154968
>tfw have a keylogger on my computer
>tfw always handing it out to my friends when they need to connect
>tfw I'm a sleek spy
Normies getting what they deserve
>>
>>18155108
in some areas of another's house, and in some situations, you absolutely do.
>>
>>18154968
>is it ethical to record people without permission in a place with a reasonable expectation of privacy
probably not

Depending on where you live it's almost certainly illegal
>>
According to legalwatch.com, it is legal in every state to video record someone in your home.

However in many states you cannot record their voice without their consent. So you have to only *video* record them with no audio.
>>
Depending on where you live you may legally need to have a sticker or similar on your house saying they're being recorded.

Please don't put home cameras up in your bedroom or bathroom though, that's really not ethical at all. If one is going to be in your bedroom anyway, angle it facing away from the bed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.