[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to graduate from HS soon and I have to go to college.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 61EAg+jTUiL._SL1000_.jpg (102KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61EAg+jTUiL._SL1000_.jpg
102KB, 700x1000px
I'm going to graduate from HS soon and I have to go to college.

What are specifically the most practical degrees?
>>
>>18154236
Law, medicine, accounting, computer science, business, management, engineering.

Those are some of the best options for finding a job when you graduate.
>>
>>18154236
EE or Mech.
>>
I used to be in your boat as well. I realized that finding out what you're good at is most important and making sure you have connections in that field. Practicality is useless if you can't network because there will be so many other people with the same mindset (and degree) as you.

Why? I've seen too many people in my college classes try to chase the areas of studies that would potentially yield the most pay out or what they assumed to be practical. However, they were not cut out for the thought processes involved nor the work load. This results in their GPA sinking and lower their job prospects (and a huge toll on money/time if they need to retake classes- which isn't practical in the finance sense).

To avoid this, simply stop asking questions about other things. Ask questions about yourself. When you get questions about yourself answered then try to apply it to various areas of studies and, for the love of god, ask actual people in these fields rather than your advisor or "friends". You will then know what is practical for you.
>>
>>18154608
>making sure you have connections in that field
Well that would be a problem

especially since I would be forcing it because I want nothing to do with them outside of things related to work and job prospects
>>
>>18154661
I won't pry into your relationships but every little connection helps whether it be with family or friends. Sugar coating and brown nosing works wonders later in your life and when it comes back to you, even better.
>>
Go into a trade.

I got really lucky while I was in highschool I was able to take classes in college for free. Right now I am about halfway through my degree. The degree I'm getting can be used anywhere and it can make good money.
>>
Get a culinary arts degree. You will use it every single day even outside of work. Can't get much more practical than that.
>>
Electrical engineering, business administration, administrative assistance, nursing, computer science. Look at the Sunday newspaper with all of the job ads in it and see which types in your area are there all the time. Try to find one with a balance between "makes decent money/isn't insanely competitive" and "I would like doing this for a long time", imo.
>>
>>18154244
>law
Law undergrad here. Things dont look so good unless you come from a good school (top 10) or have really good connections.
>>
>>18154937
What degree is it anon?
>>
>>18154236

Anything that isn't women studies or similar.

Connections mean way more than a degree. Don't make the same mistake I did, and go out and know people. Join clubs, attend events, SEE YOUR TEACHERS during their office hours.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.