[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't beat my depression and I don't know what to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: tfw_water.png (83KB, 790x773px) Image search: [Google]
tfw_water.png
83KB, 790x773px
I can't beat my depression and I don't know what to do
>>
>>18153934
Get laid
>>
drink
>>
beat ur depression
>>
File: 09-roll-safe.w710.h473.jpg (53KB, 710x473px) Image search: [Google]
09-roll-safe.w710.h473.jpg
53KB, 710x473px
>>18153934
You can't beat your depression, if you aren't depressed
>>
kill yourself(?)
>>
>>18153934
Lift heavy weights. Track your progress. It works for me.
>>
>>18153965
I lift and run and I'm still depressed

>>18153941
Won't help

>>18153947
Does help but can't do it often
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD3F7J2PeYU

This saved my life.

Let it save you too.
>>
>>18153934

Sports, meditation & time.

It worked for me.
>>
>>18153941
Can't.
>>
I'm still fucking depressed but talking with my family and getting help is doing pretty well for me so far.
>>
>>18153941
can confirm that this does NOT help at all

it's almost like drinking, it's great in the moment but after the fact it's painful, either from regret or the urge to do it again and again and again.
>>
>>18153934
You have to change the way you think about things. You can control your thoughts and that will permeate into your feelings.
>>
What I like to do is keep my arm out and block depression's lead hand. Their only option would be to throw from their back hand. Then you dodge it and counter punch, clinch, take down, whatever you want.
>>
make a list of 3 positives at the end of every day. they can be either things you did or things you thought/felt during the day. it doesn't matter if they're small just try to think of at least 3 things. it helps to think about the list during the day like whether you have 3 positives already or what they might be. my old therapist told me to do this 2 years ago and i decided to do it like 3 weeks ago and i feel so positive and like myself much more. hope it helps you :)
>>
>>18153934
That's your problem right there. You can beat your depression. Find out why your depressed and then try and do something about it.
>>
>>18153934
Hey OP. You matter
Just keep on keeping on
>>
>>18153934
Stay away from therapists.
>>
>>18154964
>>>18153934 (OP)
>Stay away from therapists.
What
>>
>>18153934
smoke crack
>>
>>18154665
this so much
>>
:+(
>>
Smoke weed it'll make you momentarily happy.

Idk dude I can't even get over my own imo. I've kinda just been smoking weed to help get my mind off of it. Besides if I sit in the muck for too long I eventually start getting suicidal thoughts. Never attempt anything, but when it's that bad it's like hell.

I don't have much advice other than smoke weed and don't isolate too much. Also get out and do stuff outside, nature really helps me usually. It's just actually getting outside is my problem :p
>>
realize that being a neet is fucking awesome
>>
Read meditations by Marcus aurelius and get off the internet
>>
>>18156455
Can you give me a brief overview before I have to purchase this book?
>>
>>18153934
can we talk about suicide here? I sort of wanted to make my own thread but im too scared to.
Does anyone want to vent their suicidal thoughts and problems with me?
>>
>>18156941
I literally came to check on my thread because I am currently debating suicide.

It's a 5 minute walk to the train station

I can't help but feel that it may be the hardest 5 minute walk of my life
>>
>>18156963
please don't do it :(

why do you want to end your own life?

I have walked to a train station probably like 5 times with that very same intention but I always get scared I won't die, I will just end up quadraplegic or my legs will have to be amputated and then my life will be even shitter than it already is.
>>
I've been depressed for a while.
For an 8 year while. It may be more accurate to say that there was merely an intermission for a brief period of my life.

For so long I've been focusing on all these things I can't change. All these things beyond my control. The circumstances of the world that I live in, and living with who I was innately born as.

I could never understand hating people. It took too much energy. That's the thing, though. It's never an excess of energy, just a deficit of places to apply it.

People get trapped. Perhaps it starts with a bad day, but it will fester if it isn't confronted. Before you know it, you're in a place of anger and anguish with no way to let it out, so instead, you bottle it up. You try to numb yourself to anger. You never realize that in doing so, you also numb yourself to happiness.

It's no surprise that not being who we are depresses up. It depresses us because we cannot express ourselves. Hell, there were points where I didn't even know who I was. I didn't think I had anything to express because I was so busy trying to repress everything. That's not healthy.

Rather than get upset and throw the controller across the room because we cannot always change the things the way we'd like to, we must take the time to learn what we are able to change and work towards that. Learn the way the game wants you to play, not the way that you want to play the game.

In a way, I think meditation is a good recommendation. So is self-reflection from a neutral state of mind. Create less blame, and breed more understanding. Like it or not, right or wrong, there is a reason for everything.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.