[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever acted? I've auditioned for a bunch of short

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: shutterstock_125381384.jpg (474KB, 1000x810px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_125381384.jpg
474KB, 1000x810px
Anyone here ever acted? I've auditioned for a bunch of short films, but I've been rejected for every one so far. I knew before I started that I was going to get rejected a lot, but I'm starting to think that maybe I'm not as good of an actor as I thought I was.
>>
Never anything beyond a hobby

im trying to get into the industry myself, do you have a headshot?

its like they say with anything, you have to fail a fuckton before you can succeed
>>
>>18153742
Yeah, I have a headshot. I'm not too bad looking if I do say so myself. I also have a resume, it's pretty weak though.
>>
not an actor, though i have gone to film school and made shorts, some have been shown at smaller film festivals both in my country and outside, and have won some stuff, i'm far from pro though

i don't know why anyone would want to be an actor, it's hard to be good at and hard to get a chance at doing. my advice would be to write your own shit, you don't have to direct it yourself. find people you think are cool and on your wavelength and just make shit, have stuff you can show that can maybe then lead to some bigger stuff, don't have your future totally in the hands of others
>>
>>18153778
>i don't know why anyone would want to be an actor
I think it's fun and I've been told that I'm pretty good at it.
I've been learning filmmaking recently, but I haven't made anything yet.
>>
Audition for TV commercials instead.
>>
>>18153717
Acting is a craft, not just a matter of desire or even of native talent. You have to study and train.
>>
>>18153845
I've taken 1 acting class. I would love to take more, unfortunately they either don't fill up or I can't fit them into my school schedule.
Honestly, I didn't learn shit in the 1 acting class I took. None of the methods my teacher talked about worked for me. I act best when I understand the script and how the character is feeling; all those insane method acting methods don't work for me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.