[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I sue my mom for damages ? She was a horrible,abusive ,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: zczx.png (658KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zczx.png
658KB, 500x500px
Can I sue my mom for damages ?

She was a horrible,abusive , alcoholic, manipulative woman

She effectively ruined my life, I'm diagnosed with PTSD and Bipolar. It's not just my head because my brother and sister also have problems directly related to this upbringing

I really just can't function in life and have nothing to build on.

Is there a case?
>>
>>18151891
Nah. Half of parents did a shit job and there's no recovering financially through courts or anything.

Just focus on educating yourself and trying to reverse any damages on your own.
>>
dont be such a fucking baby man
>>
>have nothing to build on
>She effectively ruined my life
>I'm diagnosed with PTSD and Bipolar

okay, well, start there. and begin untangling your Christmas lights
>>
>>18151891
...Wait until you enter the real world, where there's much more people like her, only FAR more brutal.

Not much more to say, kid. You're not gonna make it far unless you eat the shit and turn it to gold (work productivity, art, hobbies, friends, etc.)

In short, avenge urself by rolling with the punches.
>>
>>18151894
>>18151897
How
>>18151898
I'm 24
>>
>>18151900
>I'm 24
Okay. well step 1. stfu.
step 2. figure out what you want to achieve
step 3. work towards becoming that person
>>
>>18151905
Uh
>>
>>18151900
Focus on career building. Go to college and study a valuable skill. When you spend time talking to doctors and people who have mastered subjects it teaches you not just the subject, but life lessons on how to approach problems. Try community college.

If you are bi polar stop yourself before you react to things and realize you might be exaggerating due to your own personally traits. In the professional world we learn to pause and consider all possible effects of our actions. Try this out. If it seems like you are overly upset, pause for a but and find a way to refocus and calm down.
>>
>>18151891
I'm sorry you had to go through that anon. My stepdad was an alcoholic, I lived through it for years and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. My girlfriend is also dealing w/ the shit her parents did to her. It's a daily struggle, but she tries her hardest -- therapy, medication, good old raw effort -- and she has made a lot of progress. I'm proud of her.

I would suggest reaching out to a professional. I've been meaning to do it myself, but I've been lazy about it.
>>
>>18151916
>>18151938

I only recently have gotten medications despite having the things for a long time because for my mom.

I don't even have a high school degree
I don't have much of education beyond a middle school

I've made it this long through government program but she's threatening to kick me out in a month for being a freak and the everyday abuse is constant

I don't have anywhere to go

I should just give up
>>
>>18151891
>Can I sue my mom for damages ?
This idea is bad and you should feel bad.

>>18151894
>and there's no recovering financially through courts or anything.
This, courts are expensive and slow. Don't act like the judge is going to hand you a Christmas miracle, especially when you're suing your mother.

>>18152771
>I don't even have a high school degree
My daddy was a crackhead and I finished HS in two and a half years. At some point during the last years of his life, he was sitting on over five thousand dollars a month (US) and refusing to pay bills. It was play money, please don't ask how he got it because it involves the court of family law.
>>
>>18151891
Let's say this would not be thrown out of court and you won ... How would you expect to get any money out wrung out of an alcoholic ? Their money is mostly located in bar tills or bottom of bottles ...
>>
>>18152782
>>18152856
What do I do
>>
>>18151891
Nope. She did everything legally required: fed and clothed you, made you get a minimum education, and didn't physically abuse you. You're not entitled to a good parent, just a parent. Not even that, considering orphans
>>
>>18153584
>fed and clothed
Not really
>minimum education
No
>didn't physically abuse you
Did
Got anything else you want to pretend asshole
>>
Beg. Go to school. Get a blue-collar job.
>>
>>18153980
HOW
can someone please help me?
>>
>>18153994
What's your level of education?
How much money do you have?
Do you have your own bank account and assets?
How about your siblings? Father? Extended family? Friend?

Have you tried gofundme?
>>
>>18154004
1. Middle school
2. $15
3. No
4. No dad. Brother killed himself, sister hasn't contacted in months and I don't know her info.
5 no friends
>>
>>18154013
Heavy stuff. I personally would visit local police office and ask for their advice.
>>
>>18154025
Where do people like me go? What do I even do? I literally can't salvage any part of my life
>>
>>18154039
Go to your local police office. Seek help. They will refer you to relevant organizations and people.
>>
>>18151900
Go to a shrink, what do you think?
>>
>>18154072
With what $$$
>>
>>18154077
Sign up for state funding. If she has insurance or your dad has insurance then use theirs, you're under 26.

My gf has ptsd and is a sober addict who's parents played shit. It can be done.
>>
Being a cunt or a bully isn't illegal - so no, there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>18151891
Fucking borderline asshole
>>
>>18154098
What the fuck did I do
>>18154083
She'd never let me. I'm too scared
>>
>>18154099
Never let you? Just walk in lmao.

I work at a rehab center and kids walk in and use their parents insurance all the time. Just get the card and make copies or take a picture.

All you need is the group number, member id number, and phone number. Then you need your social security number and that's it.
>>
>>18154099
Can you just tell us why you still haven't left for the police station?
>>
>>18154108
>>18154106
I don't have a car , I don't have any card or information
>>
>>18154114
>I don't have a car
Walk.
>I don't have any card or information
So?

Meh, I guess you're a troll. Fuck you.
>>
Jesus Christ, you are helpless. This is ridiculous. Go get a job and move out.
>>
Make a bank account.
Post the account number here.
I'll transfer 150 eur.
>>
>>18154121
What? And what do you mean so you just fucking told me I need it. What the fuck.
>>18154135
I can't get a job
>>
>>18154141
Go. To. The. Police.
>>
>>18154141
Yes you can get a job. You choose not to.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.