[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to transfer college? Seriously considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1479738741527.jpg (283KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1479738741527.jpg
283KB, 1600x1066px
What's it like to transfer college? Seriously considering it after two years but I don't want to take any longer for my degree than the 4 years I already planned.

Also switching from a top 10 Canadian university to an American university in the mid 150's in rank, is it a mistake? I really hate this place but I don't want to disappoint my parents
>>
It's completely unexciting. You stop going to one college and start going to another.

If you're going from a supposedly 'good' college to a supposedly 'not as good' college or vice-versa, in all likelihood you'll quickly realize there's very little if any difference in the quality of teaching.
>>
I mean, it is possible to move and find yourself in paradise but if you're at a top ranked school there are probably all the amenities already.

Visit places you think you want to move to for a week and go about as if you lived there. It'll help prevent moving into the same situation.
>>
>>18150956
yeah it would be to move back close to home, in a different environment totally. I'm not concerned with the place it would be, just worried about doing an extra year for a worse degree or something
>>
>>18150884
If I were you I'd stay on Canada and finish school with a major in baby seal clubbing and a minor in maple syruping. The job market for an American College victim major doesn't look to good.
>>
>>18150884
Mistake to move. Either finish what you started, or make a decision and give it up for something different. Don't just do the same shit in a different place and expect a better outcome.
>>
I made the jump from small town community college to a real university. I finally understand what people mean about the sudden increase in difficulty. Everything before this was almost too easy. Now I feel like I'm up shit creek.

The main reason I moved was to get the fuck out of my old town and so far that part has been quite enjoyable. The people here are different and I feel less hopeless than I did. Other than potentially failing a couple of classes I don't regret the move.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.