[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

video game dissociation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1472824078761.jpg (204KB, 1033x798px) Image search: [Google]
1472824078761.jpg
204KB, 1033x798px
hi adv first time poster
recently i lost all sense of enjoyment i used to get from mindlessly gaming, i just feel numb and dissociative whenever i try to play. ive tried not using my computer at all but then i just either workout clean or sit around and drink till i sleep, makes me feel real depressed. wonder if anyone here is feeling or felt something similar and has any helpful insight
>>
File: gc.jpg (2KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
gc.jpg
2KB, 128x128px
you could try approaching a new genre, even if you could never see yourself playing something like it. sometimes it just helps to try something new and take a breather from the usual videogames that you're used to play.
>>
>>18150083
Videogames are a distraction. Find something better.
>>
>>18150083
Do you feel this way with other things you used to enjoy?

>>18150185
Video games relieve stress.
>>
>>18150185
i used them as a distraction, my life gets kind of boring
>>18150209
i hate the feeling i get so much it makes me really enjoy cooking though or even sleeping.. might be depression im not sure
>>
>>18150083
>but then i just either workout clean
This is what you are supposed to do when you quit video games. You should add cook and eat real food to that list.

Watching old school television with commercial breaks will let you keep up the healthy habits of cooking, cleaning, and working out while still allowing you to pass time until it's time to go do something important like work.
>>
I wish I understood this. Video games were all I wanted to do as a kid. That started to end around 20 years old. I've tried different games but it's never the same. Now it's just like watching TV, at best.

The worst part is, nothing replaced the joy I used to feel, no matter the activity.
>>
>>18150311
if you are getting this feeling with other things you enjoy it might be a sign of a deeper issue, if it's just video games you might just not like games anymore.
>>
>>18150435
depression
>>
>>18150791
not loving things /as much/ as an adult as you did as a kid isn't depression. That's normal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.