[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nutrition, hormones and sex drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 47bbc1_4798076.jpg (149KB, 1110x1016px) Image search: [Google]
47bbc1_4798076.jpg
149KB, 1110x1016px
hi adv, i don't come here often but not sure where else to ask.
is there correlation between nutrition and having healthy sex drive, if so to what extent?
i'm pretty much asexual by their textbook definition, don't think about sex, don't carve it, don't masturbate, don't have fantasies.
i got my period pretty late (last year of high school) so for the first couple years till i was 22 or so i thought it was normal and involved hormones and stuff related. my periods were very irregular, i was lucky if i got them 3 times a year, i did blood tests every couple months because i was a vegetarian back then but they came out ok.
25 now, doing my masters and for the past 5 years i had really bad nutrition mainly because i couldn't afford it budget wise and time wise, i both study and work, and support myself pretty much on my own.
my average meals look like energy drinks, non sugar coffee and occasional take outs couple times a week. i'm underweight by general standards but it doesn't bother me.
i had few boyfriends along the years, but it never worked because i wasn't interested in sex.
i'm starting to feel pretty lonely and strained for being alone, didn't date anyone for over 2 years. it didn't bother me before but now i'm starting to have these small panic attacks sometimes when i wake up in the morning that i'm going to stay alone for the rest of my life.
i'm not sure if i want to go seek professional help, i'm scared they will blame it on me being anorexic because i'm underweight (15.5 bmi) but i like my figure as it is. i also don't want to get on hormonal drugs, it's my last year doing masters and i don't want to fuck it up by messing with these stuff.
anyone in similar situation or been in it? if so what was your experience and if there is a way to fix it.
sorry for the long wall of text
>inbefore date another asexual
idk where to find them except dating sites which i'm too embarrassed to join
>>
>>18149077
I love these threads where all the problems and solutions are in plain sight.

>missing / irregural periods
>vegetarian
>5 years of bad nutrition
>energy drinks
>coffe
>oats
>no libido
>15 bmi

So even though you are clever 25 year old girl with strong enough dedication to not drop from uni, you really cant figure this out?

So i will tell you. The question is if you will take my words seriously.
>15 bmi
You are underweight. That is not ok. Your body is so weak, it cant even do periods and hormones right. And before you tell me your body is good looking that is wrong. You as a hetero girl can only judge males bodies. I bet you dont even have boobs, hips or ass.

So to solve your libido, you have to give your body energy first, so it can build its hormones (and sexy figure mind you). So i suggest you to start eating 3 times per day + snacking. Throw away energy drinks (they only masks your exhaustion) and stop doing coffe. I bet you will feel like faiting / zombie without these chemical boosts.

Start eating healthy: ham, cheese, bread, eggs, full milk, 100% apple / orange juice, peanuts, chicken, pig, fish, butter, chocolade. The more fat the better for your body. All of this is cheap. In time your body will regain its ability to produce hormones (they are made from fats btw) and with it you may actually gain boobs and hips and even your libido. Do not stop eating until you hit at least 18bmi. The optimum is around 20bmi combined with sport, but you will do that after uni with your new bf.

>die alone
You are girl. All you have to do is to be avaiable. Go to online dating with one photo of yoursef and then you just give answers to some cute boy from 999 replies. Remember, until.you answer them, there is nothing to be afraid of.

But now you have to eat or literally die of maulrishment.
>>
There is a thread up right now about a guy only into anorexic girls. Go get him girl! !!
>>
>>18149477
>You are underweight. That is not ok. Your body is so weak, it cant even do periods and hormones right. And before you tell me your body is good looking that is wrong. You as a hetero girl can only judge males bodies. I bet you dont even have boobs, hips or ass.
>So to solve your libido, you have to give your body energy first, so it can build its hormones (and sexy figure mind you). So i suggest you to start eating 3 times per day + snacking. Throw away energy drinks (they only masks your exhaustion) and stop doing coffe. I bet you will feel like faiting / zombie without these chemical boosts.
>Start eating healthy: ham, cheese, bread, eggs, full milk, 100% apple / orange juice, peanuts, chicken, pig, fish, butter, chocolade. The more fat the better for your body. All of this is cheap. In time your body will regain its ability to produce hormones (they are made from fats btw) and with it you may actually gain boobs and hips and even your libido. Do not stop eating until you hit at least 18bmi. The optimum is around 20bmi combined with sport, but you will do that after uni with your new bf.

There are some problems here that are spawned from ignorance.

First, Quitting energy drinks and shit like that cold turkey can actually fuck you up, depending on how much you are relying on them for basic nutrition supplements. Honestly, I'd see a doctor about your issues, if you're able.

Second: You do not need to add meat to your diet to gain weight and eat more healthy. You can just eat better within the dietary restrictions you currently hold yourself to for whatever reason. I know plenty of healthy weight vegans and vegetarians (and am one).

The first point this poster makes is kind of right, but has a lot of superfluous info after the meat of the point. You're underweight, and that's bad. Your body is consuming more resources than necessary doing things like keeping you warm and alive, so it doesn't have energy left for normal processes like periods.
>>
>>18150231
I should have added it to op, I'm no longer vegetarian but I still rarely eat meat and fish, and my periods are more regular but still not every month, desu anon your right about them, I do notice that on months I usually eat more stable I get them.
The main issue about food is that I can't cook at home, I'm either at uni, studying outside or at work. By the time I get home I'm dead tired and don't have the energy to do anything. I can't eat outside more often also because it's expensive and all my earnings go on uni and rent. I'm usually not hungry though, I try to have one meal a day, the rest is just killing hunger with coffee mainly.
What kind of doctor you think will help on this issue? I stopped doing blood tests, frankly I'm scared.

>>18149477
You adress it as if I was complaining I can't get a guy because im underweight, that's not the issue. Even if I get a guy, I can't hold relationship because most guys want sex in it and I don't.

>>18150121
I saw it lol, actually his ex who he calls fat is prolly same bmi as me
>>
>>18150674
>What kind of doctor you think will help on this issue?

whoever you see for like, yearly checkups. Or if your uni has a Student wellness office or something. IDK what kind of stuff is available to non-US students (assuming you're non-US because you call it uni) through their university. Not being in the US makes it way more likely that you have healthcare though, so you probably have at least a regular doctor who would be able to point you in the right direction.

I'd try to have two meals a day, and maybe a snack if possible. Not immediately, but like, work up to it. You can't eat out all the time, that's true, but being too tired to cook is a pretty poor excuse since cooking can be as simple as throwing everything on a pan and putting that pan in the oven for 15-30 minutes, or even just using a microwave.
>>
>>18150708
Point taken, I'll try see a family doc next week.
And well about food, it takes more time than just microwave, which I dont even have. grocery shopping, wasging dishes, cooking on gas. I used to have a roommate with car and we would do grocery shopping together once a week, was easier.
Thanks anyway anon
>>
>>18150674
>>>18149477 (You)
>You adress it as if I was complaining I can't get a guy because im underweight, that's not the issue. Even if I get a guy, I can't hold relationship because most guys want sex in it and I don't.

You dont get it. You are currently living unhealthy life. You are simply not eating enough. You dont need check up at doctor to realize that. I also finished uni and after every day i went shopping groceries with my friends on way from campus to dorms at late evening.

I get it, you do not like eating for whatever reason. Everybody has some issues. But yours can really damage your body in the long run. The lack of libido is just one of many symptoms when your body is preparing for death.

What is so hard to spent like 1 hour per day to go to groceries and buy real food? You dont have to cook it. Bread, ham, cheese, milk you just put it inside your mouth and chew. In your case even chips will do.

Also have you considered that for you to actually use your education you have to live first? Set up your priorities straight.
>>
>>18150730
you have to make your diet more of a priority. I was working 2 jobs as a young adult (80 hours a week+commutes each way) and still found time to prepare meals and have a social life and shop for food.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.