[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad at jiu jitsu.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1484490737199.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
1484490737199.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
I started training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at the beginning of the year and am steadily trying to get better at it.

But ive got a problem. See after class me and like a bunch of people sparr a bunch of times to try stuff out and to generally have fun.

In the 2.5 months ive been training, ive gotten 1 peerson to tap... Once.

My win loss ratio is retarded and I genuinely feel like im shit.

Anybody here got an idea wether maybe im just not cut out for this?
>>
Hmm, maybe.
I suggest you try a completely different type of martial arts. Maybe Capoeira.

If you're not that flexible for martial arts yet you need to make some exercices to build up your body then you can practice some style of fighting.

Don't give up tough.
>>
Wtf dude that's barelly time to survive the warmup... you'll still take a lot of time to actually improve, it's quite common for people to stay like two years in the white belt...
>>
don't even stress OP
try to have a good time and listen to your teachers
training your body on the side can always help

it's important to note that you only start to get the grasp at something that requires skill after around 1000 hours of practice at that activity. That includes sports, a craft, art, driving, etc. after that you're no longer a scrub, your brain has reflexes and a method of thinking warped around the "meta" of what you're doing.

I'll say you should give it an year before you start worrying about your fight scoring. martial arts is discipline, that's a fucking given but to actually do it for real is the real challenge there

good luck
>>
>>18148459
Bro you just started training ! Come on be serious this shit takes time , years ! Stay at it you will love it .
>>
>>18148459
2.5 months is not very long at all. Also don't forget that even as you are improving so are your training partners. It takes some people two years to earn their first belt and there is nothing wrong with that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.