[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a minority in the US (legal, of course) and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

I'm a minority in the US (legal, of course) and I've never been stopped by a cop.

What should I do if I'm ever stopped by a shitty cop?

I would record them, but what if they arrest me and steal my phone? Is there a way I can upload a video as I record it?
>>
Why are people in the US so obsessed with recording their encounters with police? They aren't your enemy unless you've done something wrong.

Also, why are you even worrying about this if you've never been stopped?
>>
>>18113089
>Why are people in the US so obsessed with recording their encounters with police? They aren't your enemy unless you've done something wrong.
Since you're not from the US, I'm not surprised you don't understand our, especially minority, concerns.

>Also, why are you even worrying about this if you've never been stopped?
Precaution. Just because somethings never happened, doesn't mean it never will.
>>
Cop here

Just remember rule 1 of dealing with police be polite and courteous. Things tend to escalate when people are dicks
>>
>>18113119
Well, I'm a minority in european country. What is the difference?
>>
>>18113128
A LOT

But anyways OP, just be fucking normal, most cops now a days are minorities as well, so chill the fuck out.
>>
>>18113136
>A LOT

thanks for the eloquent reply, that's all I wanted to know
>>
>>18113089
>They aren't your enemy unless you've done something wrong.
lmao retard
>>
>>18113081
>What should I do if I'm ever stopped by a shitty cop?
Treat them like a nuclear bomb that will explode if you look at it wrong.
>>
>>18113128
I think US police is way worse than EU police
>>
>>18113141
I've heard they don't even have guns
>>
>>18113143
Oh I'm sorry, did an officer """oppress""" you by demanding identification or something?
>>18113157
How so? I'm curious to know, since I've never had a negative encounter with police.
>>18113162
Not true, I saw police with machine guns last time a couple of days ago
>>
>>18113081
Quit with the bullshit. This idea that cops are out to get minorities is crap. Some might've had some bad experiences and could be on edge, but that's about it.

It's like >>18113125 said:
treat someone a certain way and you'll get the same treatment back. If you haven't done anything illegal you have nothing to worry about.

If for whatever reason you're still worried, keep your hands on the wheel until asked to do otherwise. If you've got a license to carry and have a firearm on you or in the car, make sure to let them know.
>>
>>18113194
>make sure to let them know.
lol no, you'll definitely end up dead
>>
>>18113197
you're not supposed to grab it to show them
>>
>>18113204
if they know you have a gun any move you make, even if they asked for your registration, is an excuse to shoot and kill you because you might be going for the gun

this literally happened to a guy recently and the cop shot him and let him bleed out
>>
>>18113197
Someone post the /k/ copypasta of a guy telling a cop he has a firearm he's legally allowed to carry and then he freaks out, detains him at gunpoint and a dozen cops show up.as backup who completely rip apart his car. Obviously made up but a pretty funny story.
>>
>>18113208
No way, literally!? Cops, man, nothing but bloody murderers in uniform. Sad times we live in.
>>
>>18113208
you don't just tell them you have one, you also tell them where its located. a cop has no reason to shoot you for getting your license if the gun is located elsewhere.
>>
Turn your car off, put your keys on the dash
Keep your hands on the wheel until he instructs you to go for your license/registration
If you are carrying, BEFORE he goes into his questioning inform him "I am carrying, how would you like me to proceed?" the TELL him each action you're doing
Be polite and courteous, he's human too

that's about it
>>
>>18113081

facebook live.
>>

Have a good lawyer on speed dial. Once you've got this, you'll fuck up with cops a lot less because you'll know you're ready to fight in court if someone tries to invent accusations against you.

Basically, get money.
>>
>>18113081
>>18113177
Depends on where you live in America -- some places are better than others, of course -- but there are cities where you really DO NOT want to be a minority and get stopped by police. It doesn't mean that ANY AND EVERY encounter necessarily will go badly, their are plenty of fair cops out there, but even routine traffic stops are much more likely to go badly for you. And cops in America generally do racially profile -- people who deny it are naive. So you're also more likely to be stopped for whatever random bullshit as a minority.

I'm not even blaming cops, really. It's just a plain fact that young black men commit crimes at higher rates; if I was a cop I'd probably be a little twitchy around them too, despite my best efforts to be fair. But that doesn't make life any less rough for law abiding black (or Hispanic etc) men who get harassed and screwed over. It absolutely happens. The LAPD is particularly infamous for this.

>Why are people in the US so obsessed with recording their encounters with police?
Why do so many Russians have dash cams? Because a lot of cops in Russia are outright corrupt. Similar shit here, though not as bad.

You really shouldn't assume people from another country are being stupid and paranoid just because they're worried about something that you don't have to deal with.

Hell, the same goes for Americans talking to people who live in different cities/states.
>>
Meant to quote the second post, not the OP.
>>
>>18113263
>Why do so many Russians have dash cams?

This is for insurance purposes in case they crash, though. Has nothing to do with cops.
>>
>>18113081
turn the inside lights on, roll down your window, and put both hands on the steering wheel. respond with yes sir/no sir. don't be a douche and they really wont hassle you.
>>
>>18113125
Aren't cops trained to take the lead on escalation?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY
its a joke video but it actually gives good advice

>>18113327
what do you mean?
>>
>>18113119
Look it isn't as bad as you think. Most cops are less likely to shoot a black guy than a white guy for fear of retaliation. Just do what they say unless it gets sexual. Be silent and only directly answer the questions they ask. Do not get mad or refuse to do shit. Officers will use the law against you, but you shouldn't outright piss them off.

Do not follow what "sovereign citizens" tell you. Just stay silent and neither refuse nor proactively agree to shit
>>
http://www.wikihow.com/Act-when-the-Police-Pull-You-Over-(USA)
>>
>>18113162
Only the bobbies in England don't senpai, rest of Europe is ready to fuck you up
t. Italian
>>
>>18113211
This it's hilarious, where the cop is talking so fast you can't understand him haha I loved that pasta
>>
>>18113089
>They aren't your enemy unless you've done something wrong.
This is a sign of successful brainwashing, even before BLM shit and what directly spawned it happened no one who wasn't drinking the kool-aid thought this. Lawyers have been telling clients since the 1940s to limit how much you say to the police as much as you can. Even if you're innocent saying too much to the cops cam get you in trouble.
>>
>>18113081
If you are in a car, turn on the interior light and place your hands on the steering wheel. Do not reach for your license or registration until instructed to do so. Rember that cops have a dangerous job...they are worried that you will harm them. That's 90% of all behavior that makes cops seem racist explained in a nutshell.
>>
>>18113401
>cops have a dangerous job
not really
>>
>>18113404
fuck off anonymous shitposter. you aren't even old enough to be legally employed.
>>
>>18113440
correcting you on your kool-aid induced bullshit-spouting isn't shitposting, kiddo

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/04/the-10-most-dangerous-jobs-for-men.html

also how the fuck do you think a job where you are armed at all times and can shoot and kill even unarmed people on a whim and pretty much be guaranteed to get away with it with barely a slap on the wrist is especially "dangerous" you cucked retard?
>>
>>18113329
>>18113329
I've just heard that police are trained to stay one step ahead on force. Like they always need to be one step ahead in, for example instead of matching someone's tone of voice always take it a notch up.

If someone is talking calmly, the police is stern. If the person gets agitated the officer is supposed to start shouting and ordering him around. Obviously the same goes with physical contact.
>>
>>18113452
>2017
>thinking your gay transgender negro news source is actually true
>>
>>18113452
Because they're sent to intervene in violent conflicts, they're sent to arrest violent criminals who REALLY don't want to go to jail, they're asked to supervise and police a heavily armed population, and they're constantly subjected to the scrutiny of people like you who expect anyone with a badge to be superhuman.

Look I completely agree that racism and corruption are major problems in the US police force. But not all cops are "bad," and it IS a difficult and dangerous job. Believe me, you'd sure as fuck notice if they stopped doing it.
>>
>>18113467
>people like you who expect anyone with a badge to be superhuman.

Not being fucking terrified of someone you just pulled over for a broken taillight or whatever the fuck when they bend over to grab their registration that YOU asked for and shooting them to death isn't really a "superhuman" expectation.

90% of times the most dangerous person in a situation involving a police officer IS the police officer.
>>
>>18113475
cite one source of that actually happening you autist. don't even link the negro that said he had a gun and then started digging around without being told to.
>>
>>18113478
He was told to.

But just for another flavor, here's a different incident of it happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmVPxQGTsE
>>
>>18113475
I agree. But I think it's stupid when you apply incidents like this to the entire fucking police force. You can't have a civilized society without an effective police force. Stop being retarded.

I'm all for the idea of establishing a separate court to investigate police shootings and other incidents of misconduct, because there is a massive conflict of interest when they get tried locally, and that's why cops get away with murder sometimes. That doesn't mean all cops are murderers though, and it doesn't justify this retarded, childish, counterproductive "FUCK THE COPS REEEE" meme that's been plastered everywhere for the last few years
>>
>>18113482
now cite a second one because that officer was fired and arrested after it happened THREE YEARS AGO you cum guzzler.
>>
>>18113482
also don't link to The young cucks again because it messed up my youtube recommendations.
>>
>>18113081
>I'm a minority

Dude 45% of youth in USA is white. You are longer a minority in your age group.
>>
>>18113500
>But I think it's stupid when you apply incidents like this to the entire fucking police force
It's not stupid when you realize these incidents aren't really isolated and it belies a much deeper issue in police training and culture. They teach them to be afraid, teach them that everyone is out to get them and that their number 1 priority is to "get home safe." Everything is perceived as a threat even when it isn't, and they are empowered to escalate a situation to violence when it isn't even necessary instead of de-escalate it.
>>
>>18113510
Bah. Police don't fear Asians or Whites because they are not savages. Thank all the Jamals and Deshauns for the police brutality.

I live in a 99% white country and police is tame because our crime rates are low
>>
>>18113510
But that isn't entirely wrong. In almost every incident where the police are called, there's at least one person who is REALLY not happy to see them. People can get crazy and unpredictable when they're facing jail time. And we live in a country that is absolutely saturated in firearms. They're taught to be constantly alert for threats because, again, they're constantly thrust into threatening, volatile situations by the very nature of their job. If they choose to ignore a suspect reaching for his waistband, they really could have a bullet in their head in a matter of seconds.

Unfortunately, this is a hell of a lot more complicated than "They need to be trained to be less violent!" Because once again, they're just regular people doing a job, and the job doesn't actually pay that well. You really can't ask them NOT to have "getting home safe" as their top priority.
>>
Set your phone to record and then set it down or put it up on the dash. Don't point it at the cop. This will just get the audio but that's good enough. They probably are using body cams anyway. My whole dept uses them every day (I'm a police dispatcher) and I like to watch the footage sometimes.

Most cops are good people man just be really nice. Act as white as possible. Greet them. Thank them. Don't waste their time. Roll down all the windows, turn on your cabin lights, and no quick movements. 99% of the time you get a warning ticket unless you're a PRICK then you get searched. A lot of black people think cops are racist but the reality is that they get real nasty with cops from the beginning.
>>
>>18113524
>You really can't ask them NOT to have "getting home safe" as their top priority.
Yeah I really can, because if they wanted a guarantee of "getting home safe" every day they shouldn't be a fucking police officer. Instead of courageous it seems like cops are actually MORE cowardly than the average person.

Bootlicking faggots like you are more of a problem than bad cops to be honest.
>>
>>18113542
I don't have any special reverence for cops, I'm just aware of the reality of the situation.
>if they wanted a guarantee of "getting home safe" every day they shouldn't be a fucking police officer
This is what I meant when I said that people expect them to be superhuman. Where are we supposed to find all these selfless Christ-like cops who would literally allow themselves to be killed rather than draw a gun on a violent, belligerent suspect? Where do they come from, and why the hell would they sign up for that?

In real life, each town needs a certain amount of police officers. A certain amount of real, regular people from that town apply for the job. Out of that limited pool, they try to pick the best ones.

You can't "train" that guy not to give a shit about his own life.
>>
>>18113551
If someone being simply "belligerent" or hell, disrespectful to you even when they are UNARMED is enough a reason for you to be so fearful for your life that you have to shoot or kill them, yeah, you are too stupid and cowardly to be a cop and you should not be one. For people to be belligerent should be well-expected and shouldn't surprise a cop in the slightest. It's the fucking nature of their job after all as you pointed out. Anyone can react like a cornered rat and shoot to kill out of reflex. It's isn't asking for a "superhuman" ability to have a fucking modicum of sense and to have the ability to take control over a situation without resorting to unnecessary violence. It's just a requirement of the job. How the fuck is that asking too much from a fucking POLICE OFFICER?

And of course they should protect themselves. Stop being a disingenuous cunt. I'm not even talking about crazed lunatics pointing a gun at them. Speaking of that, how about the Cliven Bundy incident where they were literally pointing guns at and threatening cops, daring them to come get them or they'd blow their heads off? Miraculously no one was killed. Oh but it's "superhuman" to require that same response from the police at a traffic stop involving a black guy? Eat my ass.
>>
>>18113542
Na you can fuck right off with that. They don't owe you shit, they just enforce the laws the best they can but priority #1 is they stay alive. If you're a threat you get put down. After seeing so many police officers watch their coworkers get fucking killed doing their jobs leaves a mark on every single one of them. They're not heroes. They're just people who get sent to other peoples houses to potentially meet a gang of niggers with AR's or a group of untrained pitbulls or your fat mother's dead body rotting up the neighborhood with an awful smell.
>>
>>18113563
The point I'm trying to make is that cops are just individuals. They're the dudes you went to high school with. Some of them are racists. Some of them are malignant, sadistic, power-tripping cunts. Some of them really are the great, heroic cops you're hoping to see. The news media tends not to report on the situations where nothing violent happens, but rest assured that most police calls end without anyone firing a shot.

Most of them are just regular people doing a job, which can sometimes be chaotic, unpredictable or dangerous, and they're just doing the best they fucking can.

Let's say YOU were a cop. How do you "take control" of a situation where a guy is bigger and stronger than you, desperately unwilling to be arrested, and willing & able to physically overpower you? What if you draw your gun and fire a warning shot, and he still won't listen to a word you say? What if he keeps reaching behind his back, and you have no idea if he's got a weapon or not, and he won't respond when you tell him to put his hands up? How do you judge the exact moment when violence becomes "necessary?" When he actually pulls out a gun and points it at you? Because if you wait for that every time, you're gonna get yourself killed.

I'm not arguing that unjustified police shootings never occur. I've seen the same videos you have, and some of them are unforgivable. But then again, some others were much more complicated and understandable than the media made it seem. Again, I'm all in favor of finding a better way to investigate/prosecute cops who are accused of crimes. But I'm not sure that you can create a world where it'll never happen again just by training them differently, I don't think the training is the problem.
>>
>>18113081
Don't commit any crimes? Comply with the cops every time? Stop acting like a nigger? For fucks sake just use common sense.
>>
>>18113404
EMT here, dealing with scumbags and lowlifes all day is not fun

atleast we occasionally get to help nice people, the cops only ever get called when shit has already gone south
>>
>>18113677
>he doesn't know about all the times crooked cops plant shit and purposefully threaten people for no reason
For fuck's sake, there are tons of videos out there. Don't be blind
>>
>>18113809
>For fuck's sake, there are tons of videos out there.
There are also tons of videos of the Earth being round. Doesn't make them true though.
>>
>>18113081
Spic here in beautiful California. Never been stopped and don't plan on it. Just don't act suspicious, don't break the law, and be polite. If they order you to do something it's not the time for politics just do it.
>>
File: 1396380094419.jpg (50KB, 960x777px) Image search: [Google]
1396380094419.jpg
50KB, 960x777px
>>18113081

Follow all of his commands. Don't give him any excuse to put his hands on you. If he starts asking questions that sound like they're leading somewhere just let him know that you're refusing to answer any more questions without a lawyer present.

These questions could be like or "Where are you coming from?" or "Where did you get these item?" (if he's going through your pockets or car). You should know that "fitting a description" is a good enough reason ti plenty of police officers to stop you and harass you and these questions can sometimes be an attempt to set up a rudimentary time line and trap you into admitting something before you even know whats going on.

Read up on what police officers are and aren't allowed to do during a stop and RECORD IT ALL. Facebook Live works great because all videos are saved. Police officers will break the law frequently in stopping you but even so, DO NOT RESIST. As soon as you do anything on camera that could be perceived as hostile the entire police establishment will do everything they can to portray you as a violent minority to protect the livelihood of their officers.

Our country's criminal justice system fucking sucks Modern day policing is a broken system for millions of people. Know your laws, record everything, be vigilant and knowledgable and most importantly, don't give them ANY excuse to resort to violence because they can and they will.

Unfortunately, your only viable option is to let the cop break the law and kick your ass and then deal with the situation later. Can't deal with anything later if he murders you.
>>
>>18113622
This man is a genius
>>
File: 1376165871283.jpg (7KB, 239x250px) Image search: [Google]
1376165871283.jpg
7KB, 239x250px
>>18113622

I think the anger in this country is not that unjustified shootings occur but at the fact that police officers with histories of violence and complaints are allowed to continue working the streets. If they get fired for abuse of force there are often no laws or regulations put into place to prevent them from being hired at other police departments.

People try to frame this argument like its about one particular shooting or another but it isn't; its about a systematic problem in American policing that allows police officers to beat and harass citizens and get away with a slap on the wrist. On top of that, you, the taxpayer, has to pay out settlements every single time an abused citizen sues the city for excessive force and wins.

There are videos of police officers choking people to death and shooting them in the back and yet, grand juries refuse to indict them. Citizens are told that as long as you don't break the law and be a good person the police are your friends yet every day we see videos of completely law abiding citizens being stopped and harassed and beat and detained illegally by overzealous cops with histories of violence.

So, again, the anger is not at one particular shooting, its about the entire system prioritizing the careers of their officers over the safety of the public. Every single unjustified shooting is just another straw on the camels back with millions of straws underneath it, especially for minority communities.
>>
>>18113876
I agree, and I think the best solution is to establish a separate federal court to investigate/prosecute law enforcement. They work too closely with local courts/lawyers to be brought up on charges by the same people without conflict of interest.

And that's pretty much exactly what Black Lives Matter was arguing for at the start of their protests, but the message has been derailed and diluted by a mountain of fucking idiots.

You're not one of them, I agree with pretty much every word of your post. But even though the system is flawed, it's important to remember that at the end of the day, every police shooting is a unique, singular event that plays out between unique individuals, and it deserves to be investigated & dealt with the same as any other crime. It is a HUGE mistake to politicize these incidents before they've had their day in court and all the pertinent facts have been presented.

Because although we can agree that the system of prosecution is flawed and direly in need of improvement, SOME of those cops "got away with it" because they actually didn't do anything wrong. And some of those cops were protested, harassed, and treated as murderers in the court of public opinion, anyway, because they happened to have to shoot someone in the midst of a media tantrum about other police shootings.

This is why it's turned into one of these impossible debates where nobody can seem to find common ground - because both sides are lying & exaggerating to present the most extreme, dramatic version of their argument.
>>
>>18113911

I agree 100% with everything you said. The problems of modern policing cannot be laid on the lap of any one officer. Its the system that allows bad police officers to keep working that needs to be eradicated.

The only point I'll touch on is this one.

>Because although we can agree that the system of prosecution is flawed and direly in need of improvement, SOME of those cops "got away with it" because they actually didn't do anything wrong

The responsibility for this overreaction can be directly be placed on the police establishment. I don't think its fair to ask the public to be calm and patient with police investigations when police departments have done such a terrible job of addressing citizen concern and preventing further deaths. If they had a fair system in which police officers were routinely punished for excessive force and violence then a lot of this knee-jerk outrage over shootings would be quelled. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people, children included, have been killed by the police and the only thing the police have managed to do with any amount of coordination is circle the wagons and equivocally deny any responsibility for these deaths and the public is outraged.

Its not the fault of any one police officer but the system they work for is terribly flawed. Its sad that police officers are sometimes turned into pariahs over this issue but that fate, unfortunately, comes with the territory of voluntarily putting on a badge.

Also, lets pause for a moment and appreciate that a civilized discourse between two individuals about a controversial topic just occurred here on 4chan.
>>
>>18113964
>The responsibility for this overreaction can be directly be placed on the police establishment. I don't think its fair to ask the public to be calm and patient with police investigations when police departments have done such a terrible job of addressing citizen concern and preventing further deaths
Actually, I think it's quite fair to start expecting EVERYONE to take a little more responsibility for the way they involve themselves in serious conversations. The Internet/social media has changed the way we deal with things like this, quite a bit. Everyone really does have a voice now, and anyone who is using their voice to spread dishonesty and incite hysteria is part of the problem.

But basically I have to agree with you - the root of the problem is that some precincts are corrupt, some officers get away with murder, and the judicial system allows them to keep doing it. A bunch of loudmouths on Twitter getting the facts wrong can distort the way we talk about/solve that problem, but it obviously isn't as bad as the problem itself.

Good talk, anon
>>
>middle aged cops that pull me over are always brief and to the point and usually lenient to me
>Young cops are always trying to ask questions and entrap me with shit and I don't know how to ask them to politely stop asking questions that don't pertain to anything because I'm too nice

Why do those faggots always do that shit
>>
>>18113081
Just be polite and professional and don't try to stir up crazy shit and you will be fine.

Reality check too...if you drive through a shitty neighborhood at night they will probably stop you. They know were drug and gang neighborhoods are and stop everyone. Don't get all black on them, just pretend you are an educated human being.

So you know. Pretend.
>>
>>18114286

>Just be polite and professional and don't try to stir up crazy shit and you will be fine.

Yeah, and don't reach into your car for your driver's license when the police officer asks you to do it. Don't sit in an open field with your hands up in the air while trying to explain to the police officer that you're a caretaker who is just trying to look after a down syndrome man with a toy truck. Don't be a sleeping man who wakes up and grabs his gun to defend himself after two police officers who don't identify themselves kick your door in on a false warrant. Don't be an unarmed man climbing out of a car wreck. Don't be an unarmed mentally ill man running away from police in a public park. Don't be an unarmed man at a subway station who can't take his hands out of his pockets because the cop has you face down with his knees on your arms.

Every one of these people was shot and killed. I'm not trying to demonize cops or paint a picture like every cop is going to kill you if you get stopped but pretending like not breaking the law and doing your best to comply is a 100% guarantee that you'll be treated well by the police is fucking delusional.

Plenty of people had tried their best to comply in hectic situations, follow all police prompts and not been fine. Teaching people to not be vigilant and just trust someone to keep your life safe simply because they have a badge is downright irresponsible.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.