[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't Study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1566874.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1566874.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
So long story short I have a test tomorrow morning and I didn't study. At all. College, STEM program. This test is probably roughly around 17% of my final grade, assuming scaling isn't taken into consideration (don't know if there will be scaling or not). Basically I'm an asshole and feel like a real piece of shit about it, I've been trying to change myself but I've been fucking up, I feel guilty as hell and can't tell this to anyone irl so I came here to vent a bit since at least I could admit it here I feel.

So the problem is, wtf do I do now? Do I go in tomorrow, just feel like a piece of shit unable to answer anything and hand in a blank piece of paper like "here you go bitch I didn't study anything lel"? It's already too late to study now, not like I'm gonna learn this stuff in like 2 hours. Do I try to call in sick, even though my professor is seemingly kind of a hard ass? Like, if I go in I *might* be able to get maybe a third of the thing right, maybe, but maybe not, idk. It just feels... I don't know, incredibly embarrassing. Like if I had just spent the time studying when I had the time, I'd do just fine, I'm smart, but I didn't and I can't exactly hop in a time machine and go back in time. I'm basically fucked and don't know what to do.

Luckily, next week is Spring Break, and this is just 1 out of 4 tests (tests making up like 70% of the final grade). I figure I can get my shit together over that time, be prepared for the second half of the semester. But I'm panicking over what to do right now, I have no idea desu. I just want it to be over, wish someone could understand. I know if I told someone irl they'd just look at me weird like "WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST STUDY? YOU HAD SO MUCH TIME!", just making me feel more like shit.

I don't know... thanks for reading at least. I'm pretty fucked but at least wanted to type this shit out.
>>
>>18111570

I've got a huge calculus test coming up in thirty minutes and I forgot my calculator. Remember, it could always be worse.
>>
>>18111570
You fucked up, big deal. Shit happens to alot of people. You could show up and answer what you can or you can skip entirely if you think there's no difference between the two. What's done is done, no need to beat yourself up about it. Just make sure that this doesn't happen again next time.
>>
>>18111577

How is that worse than knowing literally fuck-all for the test in the first place? Though that aside, my condolences. I'm just trying to figure out whether I should just go in and say "fuck it" and like, study for an hour or two before bed and pray I can get at least 1 or 2 of the 6-8 questions correct, or if it's worth trying to attempt making an excuse (probably illness or say my gf dumped me or I had a panic attack [i have anxiety meds so might work] or something) though it risks the high likelihood of just getting a 0 outright?

Like, I'm sure I can get my shit together over the break for the rest of the semester but I'm trying to deal with this shit right now since I'm going to bed in like an hour or so. Or should I just not even bother? Feels depressing as fuck, since I know I'm smart I just literally played video games instead. I procrastinate something awful.

>>18111582

Thanks, I wish I could believe my family would feel the same way, all they ever seem to ask me about is how my grades are doing.

I guess a better question now is any advice on good excuses to use? Part of me wonders if I could just be straight-up honest with the Prof, send an email saying essentially that I messed up and didn't study and if I could have another chance etc. Part of me thinks that'd screw me though compared to an actual "I can't come in due to an extreme thing that happened that meant I truly couldn't come in even if I wanted to" thing. If I go in and can't answer shit I might get 1 or 2 right or maybe 0 right, but would prove that I didn't study at all and legit didn't know anything.

Everything carries risk with it, idk what to go with. Trying to see if there's anything I might not have thought of for options yet.
>>
>>18111570
what an entitled piece of shit to have the privilege of proceeding to higher education and in STEM no less only for you to completely blow it off. You should be ashamed.
>>
Go to your college's mental health center and say you are having a breakdown/thinking about killing yourself and have them write you a note. There's usually university policy allowing you to retake tests in that case.
>>
Anyone else?
>>
If you think you have to study for a test to even have a chance at passing then you clearly did not competently learn the material when you should have.
>>
>>18111570
I got a BA in psych and i didn't study once. I'm sure you can manage one exam.
>>
>>18111570
As long as you're genuinely feeling bad for it, and won't make the same mistake again, there really isn't anything to be done. Man up, go there tomorrow and accept your punishment but don't fret about it, it will only stress you desnecessarhly.
>>
>>18111744
psych classes are piss easy. I had 100 level biology and chemistry classes that were more work than a 300 level psych.
>>
>>18111744
>>18111772

It's engineering though. I'm just gonna say fuck it and assume my old af prof doesn't come here and say it's statics
>>
>>18111570
Just go and take it. If there's any partial credit you might squeeze out 20-30%. Maybe more if you've paid good attention in class. I know it sounds shitty but anything is better than a zero.

And yeah we doesnt really need to be said but don't do it again.
>>
Just stay up all night and study. There you go case closed. Get a few energy drinks. Study. Take test. No prob, right? Seriously dude, if you are that worried then just study all night.
>>
>>18111818
this guy is right. study as much as possible. I've written tests on 4/5 hours of sleep and it's totally fine. better than not studying. I only study things the night before. Studying is really just to refresh what you already learned previously. Just go over all your notes. You'll be surprised what sticks when you have pencil in hand, even if you couldn't remember any of it before the test.
>>
>>18111802
This. Anything is better than a 0 if you're planning on staying in this class.
>>
I have had the same problems before university. For me it helped to study with other people and planning my learning days.
>>
>>18111640
This, fuck you OP.
>>
>>18111818
>Just stay up all night and study. There you go case closed.
Exactly. No other choice. I've done it many times during my college years. It was ALWAYS worth it.
Then just sleep a little, at least 1 or 2 hours so that the knowledge sinks in a little and so that you won't fall asleep at the exam (if it's in the morning).
>>
>>18111570
Review what you can, get a good night's rest, and do the best that you can. If it is a trainwreck...enjoy it.
>>
Stay up all night and do everything in your power to do as much as you can. Drink whatever amount of coffee and energy drink necessary to get the job done.
>>
>>18113602
Not OP. But the stress really fucks you over when you cram. In the end, it isn't at all worth it.

Source: man who neglected a subject for his high school (6th form) till the last minute and had to cram 2 years worth of neglect into a weekend for the A levels. Never thought I would stare death so closely in the eyes.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.