[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend who's been searching for a job or 6 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: 16Gatsu-Guts-Berserk-Manga-7696.jpg (357KB, 733x733px) Image search: [Google]
16Gatsu-Guts-Berserk-Manga-7696.jpg
357KB, 733x733px
My girlfriend who's been searching for a job or 6 months now and has put out over 100 applicatons got an interview at Victoria's Secret at 4pm today. She was all prepped and ready to go, left an hour early ready for a public bus (Ottawa City Transpo) which would arrive at 3:05, 3:15 and 3:25. It was 30 minutes late and ultimately led to my girlfriend being 2 minutes late to the interview. The interviewer refused to interview her and she was turned away despite her situation. She then cried in a mall bathroom for about an hour. She really needed that job.

Obviously I can't take on a whole shitty bus company, but how do I ruin this manager cunt's life from the inside?
>>
>>18111338

you don't.
>>
Hey anon
Been in a similar situation
Ultimatly you cant do jack but...
Write a letter to the top dog i guess if it makes you feel better
Dont expect to re write the past tho
Tell ur gf to keep pluggin on
Peace
>>
File: godtier.jpg (113KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
godtier.jpg
113KB, 816x816px
>>18111338

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die

How about you and your girlfriend grow up and not cry over small loses like not getting a job. I'm sure there is a one legged man somewhere that would love to be working construction but has to leech off the government even though he doesn't want too.

Besides just think if she had gotten that job and late one night after closing the store some creep that has been casing her out takes what he wants.

Can your small Canadian brain even fathom that might be a possiblity?
>>
>>18111375
Mall security is pretty tight here.
And in defense of my girlfriend she's accepted it, I'm the one who's livid.
>>
Learn from it.
Obviously it's not her /fault/, but it's important to plan for things like this if you're using a method of transportation like busses.
Busses are late and off schedule ALL the time.
She should have planned on GETTING THERE an hour or two early and filling that free time by shopping at the mall or grabbing a bite to eat.

additionally from the interviewer's POV, if she's going to rely on public transport like that then she'd probably be late often.

If your gf has applied to over 100 places and still doesn't have a job then she needs to fix her resume. Whenever I'a trying to find a job I have to turn in two or three applications at MOST before I get an offer.
>>
>>18111412
Her resume is just fine, it has her job history, applicable skills and references. Finely formatted and all one page because employers are lazy. It's been peer reviewed and everything.
I want to blame poo in the loos for taking jobs but I know that's just /pol/ talking.
>>
>>18111420
Why is she having trouble finding a job then?
At age 18 with virtually no job experience I walked in to a francesca's and got a job as the assistant manager.
I was in charge of hiring so if you want I can give you some honest feedback.
Also- what does she look like? Sometimes when hiring we wouldn't consider someone simply based on how they presented themselves.
Does she go in and ask for/submit the application in person or online?
If she does the latter, tell her to do it in person. And she should always dress like she's ready for an interview both when she asks for an application to fill out and when she submits it.

We made big judgements about people when they came in to ask if we're hiring, and if they look cute/professional/outgoing we looked forward to them turning in their application.

I just don't understand how she can look for a job for 6 months and not find anything unless she's making a big mistake somewhere.

What does her job history look like? Is she emphasizing the skills she developed? She has references? All that stuff?
>>
>>18111445
>I have a job so it's impossible for any to not have a job unless they're doing everything wrong

Not even unemployed but you should literally drink bleach
>>
>>18111445
In this situation her resume was found on a public job posting website and the manager expressed interest in her resume which means that's fine.
As for appearance she dressed up nicely in a grey sweater and dark grey jeans. She put on nice makeup and as for body she's short and a little chubby, but with a cute round face and short neck length hair to compliment. I'd post a pic but 4chan and all.
>>
>>18111451
Dude it's a job at Victoria's Secret.
I worked at bath and body works for a summer (owned by the same people) and literally it's all 17-20 year olds with virtually no experience and skill. You literally just have to be able to smile and be confident and look ok and answer basic questions.

For boutique jobs like that, they usually only DONT hire someone if there is a red flag. The turn around is very large so they're always looking for more people.

Obviously actual jobs like working for a company or at an office are different. The type of job that is described in the OP is not difficult to get at all.
>>
>>18111457
Ok- well I guess my only advice to her is to physically go to specific places that she'd like to work, ask for their application (every place has a unique one), fill it out and attach her resume, and turn it back in in person.

If she takes one trip to the mall and walks into every store she'd be interested in working at and asks for an application, fills them out, and turns them back in, she should have a job within 2 weeks
>>
>>18111338
>use public transport to get a job to buy a car
>Can't get a job becusse of public transport

Ya just can't win yo
>>
>>18111466
>2017
>Paper applications
That ain't happening, treehuggerfags ruin everything.
>>
Yea that sucks. At my job i sit in the interviews for my department but i am not the only deciding person if you get the job or not. If you are just a minute late you wont get interviewed. My boss sees being late shows you lack interest and couldnt be bothered to show up on time for your shift. Whether that's true or not doesn't matter. If you take public transportation you know how it goes and you can be late. Yea she left an hour early but it wasn't enough. And unfortunately the employer doesn't care how you get there, they care about you getting there on time.

That sucks though and i advise letting it go. Think about it. What can you do to "ruin this cunts life"? They already forgot about her. They wont find their car keyed and think "oh damn i shoulda hired that girl who was only 2 minutes late". Nothing you do to this person will achieve anything. Move on.

(personal disclaimer i as a manager dont care if you punch in late or early. If you get your shit done and want to leave early i dont care. Would i if i could interview a late person? Yes. But i cant save everyone all the time.)
>>
>>18111476
I've worked at 4 retail places and we always kept a stash of paper applications at every one since not everyone has access to computers. Just ask and we'll give u one
>>
>>18111491
I assume you're american, but in Canada it's very common for business to just not have paper applications, like they'll say 'we don't do that, apply online"
>>
>>18111445

I too have no clue how anyone fails to get an entry level job at that age if they've put in 100 applications unless they're just absolutely approaching it with the worst attitude and dress ever.

I've hired at least 100 people, ranging from zero experience, to entry level, to middle management, and the zero experience people show up with a godawful attitude, poor dress, and kind of stare at you and blink for some of the easiest questions out there.

Most of the time I just need a warm body to do simple tasks.
>>
>>18111491
>>18111476
>>18111466

I will say, not every place has a paper application. When I was hiring at the very lowest level, we had a computer kiosk in store for hiring. We also had open interviews. Put in your application, show up, answer a couple of questions... boom. Easy as that.

Your resume or work experience basically never even made it into my hands in those days. Didn't matter. This was only 5 or 6 years ago.
>>
>>18111502
Like here's what my girlfriend is doing.
>Submitting a proven good resume to hundreds of different jobs in ottawa
>On the blue moon she does get an interview she goes all out on preparation and makes sure to look her best
>With one interview she was told she and her references would certainly be given a call within the week whether she got the job or not as the manager considered leaving people hanging to be unprofessional
>2 weeks go by and manager doesn't call
>The situation in my OP
>Telemarketing jobs on the other side of the city that have her working at around 12am-4am when buses aren't even running

She's honestly doing her best, I just don't get it, especially when I see braindead stonerfags with marks on their wrists working alongside me in dish.
>>
>>18111519
Is she applying in person or online?

Also you should tell her to give the place a call. Just say "hello, this is ______! I I interviewed two weeks ago and I am just calling to follow up about my application."
They literally probably just forgot. The people who work at boutiques are usually shit heads. My manager was barely capable of keeping shit together.

She just has to be very proactive. Managers get very sidetracked easily and are usually not too focused on hiring. If you make it easy for them, they will be more receptive.
In person contact and good communication are key to getting a job
>>
>>18111587
She did call them, that's how she found out she wasn't selected. She has a lot of initiative towards this, it's just that managers don't press the big red 'hire'em' button.
>>
>>18111338
Do you have temp agencies where you are? The jobs usually suck but it is work. Is she willing to work in the food service industry? Child care? 6 months is long time to be out of work if she is not holding out for a specific occupation or field. But if she is willing to work retail she should be able to get a job soon.
>>
>cant get to work on time because of a small bus delay
>somehow that's not her fault because??????
>throwing a fit
>>
>>18111519
>goes all out on preparation
Except for, you know, actually going to the interview on time like someone who wants a job.
>>
With public transportation make sure you have a back up plan. I'd rather be there super early than super late. I buy a coffee or bring something to read if I'm 45 min early.
>>
>>18111412
OP mentioned his girlfriend went an hour early.
>>
>>18111338
Take razor blade. Go to the store with your gf, and any underwear you pick up silently start cutting termine don't straight up ruin them but like a few holes here and there. Do the same with some bras.... Scratch up some perfume bottles with it. Steal all the stray bottle tops. The little plastic thing that actually makes it spray. Shred a few mannequins while leaning on them.......my gf actuly did this.....she hates one of the workers......and she also had a friend that worked there that would help her by sending weekly schedules to my gf. The girl she didn't like was a manager, and got fired after too many items got damaged on her shifts. Her friend has been manager since then kek
>>
she couldn't have gone a little early and hung out in the mall?
>>
>>18111796
This sounds good but don't get caught. Be prepared to run and have exit strategy planned for when if security is shouted or the I'm calling the police stay there you! Hahaha
>>
>>18111350
He does.
>>18111375
>Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die
Yes it is.
>>18111379
>Mall security is pretty tight here.
Who said you had to be at the mall? Just get her name, use yellow pages or some shit. Find where she lives and put some dead animals in her mailbox. 6 months later, fuck up her car.
>>
>>18111412
>Busses are late and off schedule ALL the time.

So OP's gf cant get a job stocking panties into drawers and shelves for being 2 mins late, but the bus driver can be 20 mins late?
>>
>>18111876

Jesus, man. Reread what you just posted. Look what you've done.
>>
>>18111881
Implied that the bus drivers only job is to get people to certain places at certain times and that those people shouldn't be expected to sit in the food court eating auntie anns for 2 hours because the bus driver can't do their ONE job.
>>
>>18111338
They're just not interested in hiring her in the first place if they don't tolerate a few minutes of lateness.
>>
>>18111338
Bro, just tell her to go on craigslist and check local jobs. Plenty of factory work, hotels, cleaning, waitress jobs, just check it out with her and motivate her a bit.
>>
>>18111876
Yeah. Because the bus driver is doing their job and people who are late to work aren't
>>
Showing up ontime is the easiest way to be good at your job.
>>
>>18111338
I am a hiring manager and would and have done the same thing. No offense, but if you aren't able to reliably make it to work on time, you are a liability and likely going to cost me money or cause other issues in the workplace. I know you're young and lack perspective, but an inability to show up on time for a job interview tells me all I need to know about a candidate.
>>
>>18111338
Damn, you're stupid. It's bad luck. You deal with it, but not by throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>18111338
i would be crying too if i had to apply to 100 positions. at least she didnt go to a job interview pouring wet from the rain, that happened to me once and you cant imagine how suicidal i felt. so basically tell her it could be worse. and that store probably only is wanting to interview her so that they look diversified or because they just opened up.
>>
>>18111888

Buses run late for many reasons, generally related to traffic, maintenance, and schedule issues rather than "drivers not doing their ONE job." It's an expected issue. Do you blame the pilot every time your flight departure time is off?

Meanwhile, your girlfriend made a very bad first impression for a job she didn't even have yet. Everyone else was professional and showed up on time; why is the interviewer supposed to give her special consideration? If she's two minutes (really 17 minutes) late and full of excuses for the job interview, what's she going to be like for the job? Essentially your girlfriend DID get her interview, and she completely bombed it.

And if she's been looking for a job for six months, then yes, she should have been there very early and prepared. No good reason not to.

But you and her keep looking for other people and things to impotently blame for your failings and see how that solves anything.
>>
>>18112098
As it turns out the bus wasn't late, the one she got was on time, it's just that the 3 previous ones didn't show up at all. I've come to understand the manager's perspective as it could potentially be a problem on the job. But the busses still piss me off because that's someone failing at their job, the weather was absolutely beautiful today too. She did prepare in advance as the bus ride is only 20 minutes on average so she left an hour early to compensate for any lateness. If she gets any more interviews she'll be taking an Uber or taxi instead.
>>
Shit happens, get over it.

Honestly, the fact that she can't get a job despite putting in 100 applications is more of an issue than the bus running late.
>>
>>18111678
>left an hour early.

Great job Spee D. Reader
>>
>>18112302
She didn't leave an hour early because the bus was only 30 min late. If she really left an hour early she would have been 30 minutes early.
>>
Did she call and let them know she'd be a couple of minutes late? Because if she really was two minutes late and she called, I can't imagine them refusing to interview her. On the other hand, not showing up on time and not letting them know that you'll be late is discourteous as fuck
>>
>>18111740
Man I drive and I leave an hour early for work every day. Busses take fucking forever. An hour early isnt enough.
>>
>>18111445
How old are you?

I'm going to guess here and say over 40.

>At age 18 with virtually no job experience I walked in to a francesca's and got a job as the assistant manager.

What year was this?

>If she does the latter, tell her to do it in person.

The majority of minimum wage retail and service industry employers don't even carry paper applications in their stores anymore. If you walk into Wal-Mart and ask for an application they literally walk you to the Lay Away desk and sit you down at a computer that is open to walmart.com/jobs.

The vast majority of employers now require you to apply online because they use sorting software to look for keywords in your resume and (sometimes) cover letter so that they aren't conducting 300 interviews for a single position.

>I just don't understand how she can look for a job for 6 months and not find anything unless she's making a big mistake somewhere.

If there are 5 people for every job, 4 people are going to go without.
>>
>>18112330
Not that anon but

>What year was this?
It's not unheard of for people to get jobs like this in 2017.

>If you walk into Wal-Mart and ask for an application they literally walk you to the Lay Away desk and sit you down at a computer that is open to walmart.com/jobs.
And that still has the effect of applying. You're just doing it then and there instead of taking it home and coming back later.

>If there are 5 people for every job, 4 people are going to go without.
But that's not always the case. And if all someone is qualified for is minimum wage retail, fast food etc., then it's very unlikely that they'd go 6 months without landing a job. Those jobs have a high turnover rate of staff and many keep applications on file.
>>
>>18112334
>You're just doing it then and there instead of taking it home and coming back later.

No, you're going to Wal-Mart for a completely disinterested employee to walk you to the computer thinking the themselves "Is this stupid motherfucker incapable of using a computer at home?" before they go on with their day. There is no seeing the manager, there is no showing your "gumption".

>And if all someone is qualified for is minimum wage retail, fast food etc., then it's very unlikely that they'd go 6 months without landing a job.

This is very dependent on a local job market and the size of the available labor pool. In general there are less jobs than there are capable workers and this is only going to get worse with further automation.
>>
>>18112339
>No, you're going to Wal-Mart for a completely disinterested employee to walk you to the computer thinking the themselves "Is this stupid motherfucker incapable of using a computer at home?" before they go on with their day. There is no seeing the manager, there is no showing your "gumption".
Who cares if the employee thinks you're stupid? Do random employees do the hiring now or something? And what's the harm in going in person anyway? If you get a manager who you can impress by initiative, great. If you don't and they direct you to a computer, also great, because you've just applied for a job. You have nothing to lose by going in person.

>This is very dependent on a local job market and the size of the available labor pool. In general there are less jobs than there are capable workers and this is only going to get worse with further automation.
Those are very big generalisations. Not to mention, the unemployment rate in Canada, specifically Ontario, is on the decline. If you are getting only a handful of callbacks after sending out over 100 applications over 6 months, you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>18112344
>You have nothing to lose by going in person.

Except for the time you spent traveling there to put in an online application that could have been spent putting in applications to other employers.

>Those are very big generalisations.

Well yes, that's what the phrase "in general" usually indicates.

> Not to mention, the unemployment rate in Canada, specifically Ontario, is on the decline.

This might not necessarily mean that more people are getting more jobs. When unemployment is calculated they only calculate those qualified to work who are actively seeking employment. Once someone who is unemployed is no longer actively seeking employment they are no longer counted in the unemployment statistic.

> If you are getting only a handful of callbacks after sending out over 100 applications over 6 months, you're doing something wrong.

There could be a variety of reasons.

1. There are 100+ other applicants and the HR manager just liked another application more
2. The software used by HR to scour applications and resumes didn't pick up enough keywords
3. Selection was completely random and each job got 100+ applications

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/04/28/one-million-applications-62000-jobs-served-at-mcdonalds/

So McDonald's, one of the largest fast food chains in the US with 14,000 stores, took in 1,000,000 applications for 62,000 jobs. That's about 72 applications per store. It's very likely there are stores in rural areas which received much fewer applications (but still more than they had open jobs) and stores in urban areas which received many more applications than they had positions.

Out of all the applicants 6% were hired.
>>
>>18111338

Just go into the store and act like a cunty customer. Give the manager a terrible time. Ask to see the manager over the cleanliness of the store. Leave a yelp review with pictures of clothes and panties on the floor claiming you told store management about it and they did nothing.
Go to their site and write an email about how you felt discriminated against in the store by the manager. It helps if you mention her by name
>>
Unfortunately because places like that have so many applicants that they can be nitpicky about stupid details. I got rejected for a job after a successful interview because I was in hospital having emergency surgery the day I was supposed to start. I even called them to say I couldn't come in the day before and gave a good reason why. Just apply for other things that are less prestigious than clothing retail. When I was 18-20 I did:

>working at a supermarket deli
>math tutor
>cleaning houses for cash in hand

Try applying for working at small business who are still okay with being emailed resumes directly to the manager. Another alternative is to look at places where they do want you to hand in a resume in person because the only want to hire young, attractive women like The Body Shop or trendy pubs/cafes or any mid range-expensive clothes shop.
>>
not op but a fellow Canadian and I will say our job market is complete shit. When I applying for jobs back in 2009 I had to wait at least 4 months before I got a call back from anyone. I applied everywhere. I had a pro do my resume but without many marketable skills its hard to even get a cashier job here (they pay well, if you can get into the union ones). We had such a huge influx of educated immigrants or immigrants willing to work full time, over time, anytime, any day. it's hard for a kid to go out and just pick up a job cause they can't dedicate the hours the business needs. So OP i feel bad for your gf. Tell her to keep her head up and in the mean time, try and take some local classes at YMCA that are free or cheap in office admin or something to boaster her resume. I would also suggest like the other anons to just walk up and down a business street and hand in applications in person, and go through the mall with like 100 resumes and apply at each store she finds interesting.

that being said 6 months is a long time to be job searching for entry level positions. she either must be very picky about the jobs she's applying to or her resume has something off that people are picking up on.

can you get her a job as a hostess or expo at the restaurant you work at ? (you mentioned dish pit)

also word of mouth, most people i know that job got, got them through friends or friend of friends or family. know anyone that has a job that always hiring?
>>
>girlfriend leaves an hour early
>bus is 30 minutes late
>girlfriend ends up being 2 minutes late

This doesn't add up. If she left an hour early then she should have been 30 minutes early. Where did the other 32 minutes go?

Was she taken?

By them?
>>
>>18112330
Wrong, I'm 20.

And yeah, at EXTRA shitty jobs like working for a Macy's or a grocery store, you apply online. Botiques like VS all still have paper applications. Small stores that are not "department" stores

And what a vague statistic. No source on that or anything? Is that for the world? The US? What kinds of jobs? And what ages of people are included. Miss me with those bullshit statistics
>>
>>18112509
>Botiques like VS
that's not what boutique means
>>
>*squints into distance*
>I should be able to get there in time
>oh no, someone made me late
whether you left early or left late is determined by how long it takes you to get someplace, not on how your boyfriend feels about punctuality.
>>
test
>>
>>18112523
Boutiques are small stores typically aimed at women.

They can be either local or chains.

VS is a boutique
>>
>>18112531
I thought we cured retardation.
>>
File: pZeuUdX.png (364KB, 878x377px) Image search: [Google]
pZeuUdX.png
364KB, 878x377px
OP here, I've come to a conclusion with the content of this thread.
I get very hyperbolic and dramatic when I'm very angry, I seriously wanted to ruin this woman's life and have her kill herself. I've calmed down now and I see her perspective on this, my girlfriend understands too. Public transportation is still garbage though. Buses not even showing up is inexcusable. She's gonna keep her head up and keep on looking.

/blog, thanks /adv/
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.