[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Hey /adv/, my roommates are going through some tough times with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1458260148903.jpg (251KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458260148903.jpg
251KB, 1920x1200px
Hey /adv/, my roommates are going through some tough times with their marriage. Basically, he just showed that he doesn't fully trust her despite her working 2 jobs and taking care of their kid for a majority of the day. He doesn't take care of himself (wake up for work on time, doesn't clean even when he's asked to, etc.) and she doesn't want to look after him like his mother.

I've already mentioned counseling and therapy to her because I don't want them to divorce, but I also want them both to be happy.

Wat do?
>>
>>18110372

Their marriage isn't really your business and there's nothing you can do. This they have to sort out themselves.
>>
Fuck her and ruin their marriage more like you're already doing.
>>
she choose the manchild that she married, there is no proven method of changing a man.
Most men only change outside of Relationships, if they see a necessity for it.
>>
>>18110372

Your friend needs counseling first before they can work on their marriage.

The fact that she hasn't left him already means that she's committed to making it work - but that will cave in one day when he makes a mistake she can't handle.

He needs to see a therapist or figure out why he doesn't like or respect himself enough to take care of himself.

Once he fixes himself - he can start contributing to the marriage and being a 50/50 partner with his wife.

Other wise that is doomed to fail and there's no other way of saying it other than it will he his fault.
>>
>>18110408
Lol. Right on. I imagine OP being that little agitator always there to listen to the girl then amplify the problems, making little comments to point out the other guys flaws, and just always on the ready to sabotage any good time, progress or milestone in this couples relationship.
>>
>>18110383
I know it's not really my business, but I still want to push for her to at least try couples counseling instead of just giving up on him.
>>18110408
She looks too similar to one of my sisters. That's a no go.
>>
>>18110436
>good time, progress or milestone
Didn't realize staying up all day taking care of a kid and having at max a 30 minute nap before working overnight for weeks straight was a "good time".
>>
>>18110457
If this is OP you are responding exactly how I thought you would. If you want to "save" this marriage and help them both be truly happy then here's my best advice. Get off 4chan.
>>
>>18111041
>Best advice
>Leave a website that has jack shit to do with their marriage
>"responding exactly how I thought you would"
>after accusing me of sabotaging a "good" marriage
In other news, water is wet.
Now I know why this board is dead.
>>
>>18110372
if theres no trust it will never work, and i say this from the point of someone who used to be in love with someone else and not completely regret their existance. i think people invest in things that have the ability to go away way too much.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.