[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trucking as a career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Divorced, ex wrecked me financially ,no friends, pull 10hr graves at $13 hourly because I enjoy the solitude anyway. Was planning on using my gi Bill for training and doing OTR. I know 75k as a first year is a meme, but it doesn't seem like I'd be making less than I am now.
>>
>>18110233
Because you are alone and feeling unsocial you are drawn to a job that would be solitary and unsocial.

Wouldn't it be healthier to find a job that would put you among people and help you get through your depression?
>>
>>18110233
Should make around 50k first year. Buthe you can find a whole lot of trucker blogs that can help you out much better than 4chan. Do you pay child support? What I am actually asking is will your ex be getting a pay raise?
>>
>>18111634
Nah, no alimony or kids
>>
>>18110233
There's usually truckerfag threads on /o/ you'll get solid advice from there
>>
>>18111934
Thanks I ctrl+f 'd for it but my autistic ass probably did it wrong.
>>
>>18110624
It's more of a starting from scratch thing, I get on fine with almost everyone. I just want to get my finances squared away and see more of other states. I was stationed in Cali and am still here. I used to road trip to my hometown in GA on leave and a lot of the towns on trucker routes were pretty alright. The isolation on those trips was what I enjoyed most.
>>
>>18112071
>>>/o/16777761
>>
>>18112125
Thanks, had a dispatch before I could track it down.
>>
My dad is a trucker and has been for the past several years. He loves it and seems like a great gig for someone who lives alone. All you have to pay for is your phone bill and food if you live in a truck most of the time and when you get time off you just stay with family or get a hotel. No rent to pay, no electric or water either. Good way to save up money and see the states. You'll even have opportunities to take extra pay by working holidays.

There's also lots of prositutes at the truck stops too.
>>
>>18112136
>Prostitutes
Nah, spent enough on those when I first got out of A school.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.