[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm an avid comic reader, among other things. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So I'm an avid comic reader, among other things. I'm also an artist and try to learn as much as I can on all subjects to avoid only knowing about comics.

I recently joined a team for a podcast about comics on a local radio, and each week we talk about a book we read, or movie that just came out. They convinced me by saying they wanted to show how much thought, craft and intelligence can go into a comic, instead of encouraging the cliche thought of "all books are about muscular men punching each other, and their fanbase are idiots".

The "leader" proposed the idea of talking about women in comics next week. Talk about representation in media etc. If you know about the current state of the media, you know how much of a hot potato it is. (besides we're 5 girls for 1 girl).

I suggested we avoid that, unless we do research, because we're not equipped to deal with the subject and we're most likely going to spew bullshit, misinformation, or the same basic arguments everyone says because they haven't thought about it.

I was told to not think too much about this. "it's entertainment, who cares if we're misinformed or say stupid shit. We're doing it for fun", and one of the guys (17 years old) said "I think we know everything there is to know about women in comics"

Should I give up? Try to convince them some more? They claim to want to make intelligent podcasts to show the thought put into comics and its fanbase, and then they backtrack because it's "entertainment, who cares". I don't know if it's a good idea for me to participate. I'm considering avoiding this one podcast and come back later.
>>
Or maybe, bring up your point of view on the podcast and make it an interesting conversation you fuck
>>
>>18109914
Considered it, but for having done it before, it's basically an hour of me debunking every false information, and it doesn't make for good or interesting conversation to take part in or listen to.

Reason why I considered maybe sitting this one out.
>>
They sound like a group of morons. Ditch them and fast. If you want to get into the comic industry, create something and get it out there for people to read. Take it to industry insiders at cons as much as you can and get feedback. If you're good enough, you can either gather a fanbase online or land a gig in the comic industry by getting to know people at cons.

Start small. Don't try to write the grandest adventure that ever hit the scene. Just try to make something short and coherent.
>>
>>18109914
He'd have to cut through bullshit with supreme efficiency and understanding in a morally charged setting, while outnumbered 5 to 1.
>>18109906
It's not just backtracking, but an enormous increase in scope from the previous formula. I don't know what to recommend, maybe this will equip you for the occasion https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkCOIGR7V_pWXG1RzdOpieAyTOcMgIJEH
>>
>>18109924
Oh yeah. I've already started and I've got some projects going on with publishers.

The podcast thing isn't a big deal for me at all. It's a side gig I joined because it seemed interesting.

And it can be sometimes. Though the leader is making it a bit hard
>you can't badmouth DC movies, i take it personally
>you can't broadcast music I don't like
>Logan should have more fanservice and references, it'd make it a better movie
>I like this book/movie, it's cool, who cares if it doesn't make sense.
>>
>you can't badmouth DC movies, i take it personally

Idiot

>you can't broadcast music I don't like

Idiot

>Logan should have more fanservice and references, it'd make it a better movie

kys

>I like this book/movie, it's cool, who cares if it doesn't make sense.

Valid but you can still critcize it for not making sense
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.