[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw a picture of myself from 2 years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1488933587751.jpg (54KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1488933587751.jpg
54KB, 512x512px
I have this huge smile, and I'm with my friends just having a great time. That was back when I had a girlfriend, was on track to get into a top medical school, before I dropped out of college from depression, when I was in great shape, and overall thought I had such a bright future.

Everything fell apart so violently. It hurts so much looking at this picture. It's hard to believe I'm the same person as the one in the picture.

Today I have no social life, moved back in with my parents, no job, no plans. I try to be useful around the house because I feel guilty to my parents, but it's never enough. A couple months ago I hung out with a friend I hadn't seen in years. He asked me, "what happened to you, man?"

I'm on antidepressants now, and they make things a little easier to manage, but I still feel like I missed my shot at having a life. I know I can make enough to get by, but now I'm watching all my college friends' lives take off while mine sits here gathering moss.

What should I fucking do to get my life back on track? I really don't want to go back to college, but if that's the only thing I guess I don't have a choice.
>>
I see you talking about what you don't want, but what do you want?
>>
I want to go back to the way things were, but I know that's impossible. I guess I just don't want to feel like my life is a complete waste.
>>
>>18109833
Just realized I sad what I don't want again. I do want to feel like my life is meaningful, because right now I don't really exist to anyone outside my family and maybe 2 other friends.
>>
>>18109846
So what gives you meaning? It sounds like you want more friends/more people who care about you.
>>
File: 1488784726337.jpg (38KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1488784726337.jpg
38KB, 604x437px
>>18109852
That would be nice. I really only have myself to blame for my failure, so I want to start my life over, somehow.
>>
>>18109852
I really don't know where to start. Should I try to get a job? I don't have enough to get my own place yet. Where do I meet people? It seems so impossible to make a circle of friends outside of college.
>>
>>18109873
When you're face with this large changes, the best way to go about it is to break it into smaller chunks and do one small chunk at a time. I.E. focus on finding a subject you enjoy and getting started doing that. Then when thats done start looking to meet people. Talk to one new person per day, then people regularly. Then start looking for a place to stay. Do them one a time so you don't gt overwhelmed.
>>
>>18109887
thanks anon
>>
It feels horrible to look in the past and see a better you. Everything seemed to fall into place by themselves back then with hardly any effort, and then one day it takes so much energy just to keep on moving.

It is cruel and mysterious.
>>
>>18109907
You're welcome. I hope I could help and that you can become a happy, fulfilled person.
>>
>>18109806
I Think you already know what you should be doing and are just asking here for an easy way where you don't have to put in the work.
It's not going to happen, theres no magical cure for fixing yourself, you just have to sack up and do it.
>>
>>18109806
I'm going to help you out. I have the ability to time travel. I am going to go back to the day that picture was taken of your peak self, smiling, happy and full of potential. I am going to snap a photo of that moment myself. Then I'm going to travel back to the day you were born and chop off your little baby hands and feet and leave that photo behind. That photo will remind you of all your potential. But in this new reality you will have an actual physical obstacle that hinders you from your dreams. Have fun jerking off with a hook hand OP.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.