[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I think positive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I'm a 19 year old person, currently going to a university.

My father is a mind-willpower enthusiast. He's 55, and sometimes talk to me about things like thinking positive and "the universe will grant you your wishes". Seicho-no-ie and this kind of things, as he took a course with an Indian many years ago, and was always into this kind of spiritual things.

However every time he talks to me about these things, it gets pretty boring. I don't know if i'm nihilist. I don't know much about these things to be honest. but what i think is:

There's no meaning to life at all. We create things because we want them to last after our innevitable death. We follow spiritual religions and things because we fear death and want something to make us comfortable. So my problem is, for example: Every time they say "write your objectives in a paper. Read them loud every day" I simply think "Why? There's no possiblity the "universe will lend it to me", and i'm not up for wasting all my life in a journey trying to embrace a hope i know it's a lie"

I feel comfortable thinking about that, but when people talk to me about this, shit happens. DESU, i'm studying to survive. to earn money,play songs i like, maybe have some sex and then die in the end. I don't kill myself because there's no painless way to go and i'm such a pussy. I don't believe in nothing else. This is starting to hurt. To see people chasing this kind of things. They'll find nothing in the end, in MY opnion. Why do i think like that?

But i like to take nice photos (pic related). It's a cool hobby, even if i'm not good at it.
>>
1. You're 19, it's normal to feel this way. I'm almost 21 and in the same boat, but it's getting better.

2. That's not a great photo.
>>
>>18109159
Do you chase any knowledge regarding this kind of things, being 21? Or you don't care with it?

And yes i hope i get better one day at taking photos.
>>
>>18109148
Your dad is a penis. You're wrong in my view about the meaninglessness of everything, but your father is more wrong about the universe being an automat.
>>
I'm confused as to what your even complaining about. Cognitive dissonance? Negativity in your thinking? What? You have a coherent worldview.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.