[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short, I was diagnosed bipolar a long time ago when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1482221483940.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482221483940.gif
929KB, 264x320px
Long story short, I was diagnosed bipolar a long time ago when I was maybe 6 years old, and I went to various shrinks up until I was 14 or 15. I'm 27 now, and while I've learned to mostly keep everything in check. However, sometimes I just get caught in manic spending and spend too much at bad times. I CAN afford it, but like I'll drop $100+ the week rent is due and be short. Then I have to spend weeks readjusting back into a normal pay schedule.

What the fuck should I do about this shit?
>>
Bump?
>>
I don't do the manic spending thing but what I do to try to curb spending is to keep a sort of spending account and savings account. The savings account isn't saving for retirement, it's just where I keep money that I don't really want to spend. I set aside money into savings (which i can only withdraw from X times a month) in order to curb my spending with my checking account. The more money I see in my checking account the more prone I am to spending it casually, so I limit the amount I keep in there. if I really need money for something important I will take it from savings as needed. But since I can only do that so many times it discourages me from spending frivolously, and it makes sure I always have money for things I need.
>>
plan your spending.
block yourself from spending things without waiting for 24-hour cooldown.

Let's say you want a car. And you have the money. But your current car is fine. So you put that in your notepad or email scraps or piece of paper.
you wait 24 hours and review if you really need it.
Think it over.
>>
>>18109400

That worked for awhile, it's since been depleted under the guise of getting my tax money soon, which is technically true. However, until I get it, I have no fallback, not that it was terribly much to begin with.
>>18109401

That might work, though it's hard on the upswing. Most people only think of the down times when they think about bipolar, but mania is a nightmare. On a down swing, I might spend my entire weekend in my bed or something, but on an upswing, who the fuck knows?
>>
>>18109479
keep your head busy on bad days.
watch movies, series, read books, etc.
>>
File: 1488942514182s.jpg (40KB, 410x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488942514182s.jpg
40KB, 410x500px
>>18109081
get rid of ur amazon u normie
>>
>>18109497
>implying I order from Amazon
I've thought about Prime on occasion, but then I realized how little I actually use Amazon

>>18109486

That's the real trick, isn't it? Just keep busy.
>>
kind of related, I was told by my doctor that due to my depression i may be Bi-polar. as a person i tend to make a lot of excuses and never really get anything done.

lately things have been getting worse for me, thoughts of suicide pop into my head often, i get so moody and there are times i get defensive and angry over the slightest thing. any small thing will set me off into a rage and will progress into wanting to die.

i've been putting off seeing a doctor just because i dont want to share my problems. i feel like theyre insignificant and i come off sounding like a total emo shit stain bitching about his small problems. do meds really help? can i finally stop being a cunt to people over small things? or is this curse just who i am and the meds only help mellow me out?
>>
>>18109710
>as a person i tend to make a lot of excuses and never really get anything done.
Kind of comes with the territory. Generally speaking, lows make you not want to do anything, and highs make you want to do everything. Depression and Bipolar are similar, and its not uncommon to have both.

>lately things have been getting worse for me, thoughts of suicide pop into my head often, i get so moody and there are times i get defensive and angry over the slightest thing. any small thing will set me off into a rage and will progress into wanting to die.
Again, comes with the territory. I can't tell you how many times I've spazzed out over nothing. Part of being on the manic side of things is feeling that you can do no wrong.
>i've been putting off seeing a doctor just because i dont want to share my problems. i feel like theyre insignificant and i come off sounding like a total emo shit stain bitching about his small problems.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm going to assume that you're younger. As a 27 year old with no insurance, I wish I could go to therapy under my parents dime. I haven't been since I was a teen, and I didn't realize that maybe it could help until it was too late. Don't worry about sounding like a shit because that's their job. They've heard it all. Just be honest and vent if that's all it takes.

do meds really help?

Again, I haven't been on meds since I was a teen, like 14/15, but in retrospect, I think they did at the time. I don't really remember what it was like being on them besides remembering that I actually did my homework and shit, but I would say that yea they helped. By all means, I should probably be on them now, but I'm not. I was tired of seeing my mom cry after every session because of the money and her not knowing what to do with me, so I just started pretending.

The truth is that I am far from fine, so if you can get help: get it while you can.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.