[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a very skinnyfat (73kg, 175cm) person with no experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

I'm a very skinnyfat (73kg, 175cm) person with no experience in any type of physical activity even in childhood ( except table tennis in high school ). My uni work is very demanding and in the middle of the semester, i hardly get any sleep. Currently i'm trying to replace my gaming hobby (1-2 hrs a day) with fitness to stop feeling like crap all the time because gaming feels like cheating when used as a source of relaxation happiness and fun (just like eating fast food when youre hungry). But the problem is i am horrendously weak, I have no access to any PT, theres almost nowhere healthy to eat or cook ( i don't have time for that anyways ) and my schedule hardly allows for 3x gym a week. I tried to go to gym last semester for 2 months , started with the smallest weights, pushed myself really hard but there was no improvement ( the "trainer" at the uni gym told me i should have been using the machine with a setting at level 7 in which i struggled with level 3, whereas people with same skinnyfat physique like me pushed at level 8 or something ) and i quit after midterms began and the rush didn't end until the end of the semester. Internet says sleeping is very important and i can't sleep more than 7 hours even at the beginning of the semester and that number falls to 4 after the midterm season. I'm trying to stay positive for every stupid thing but its hard to not get demotivated after i can't carry a barbell bar and starting strength tells me to do pull-ups. I can't even do the stupid 20 min internet workouts.

Long story short, im trying to introduce myself to fitness, since i need endorphine and something to replace gaming that won't make me sad after looking at the mirror. But everything gets in the way and i feel like it won't be effective, which means there is no point in doing it as i hate the activity itself due to childhood trauma. I'd rather rot in front of the computer. Any helpful advice or alternative hobby?
>>
File: 1483312715128.jpg (46KB, 671x665px) Image search: [Google]
1483312715128.jpg
46KB, 671x665px
>>18108768
Run outside. Start listening to music that makes you feel euphoric while you do this. Keep a log of your weight, runned distance... (there are apps for this). Use the internet to plan new itineraries around where you live... You'll get addicted to this, and you'll be improving your body (as you would do in videogames).

Remember to warm up before and after that. And as soon as you feel comfortable, quit the music, and add more things (weights, push-ups, jump rope...). Also add 1 more day of running (if it hurts, then slow down. Better slow than having to stop for weeks for a lesion). About food... well, eating healthy it's like 70% of all this (but don't get obsessed with this).

Pretty important, learn how to breath properly. It may sound stupid, but you'll realise how important it is.

There's nothing like sleeping after a shower, and an active day.

I started running 2km, and now I'm around a bit more than 6. But keep in mind that time is even more important than distance.
>>
>>18108768
https://ia800207.us.archive.org/22/items/ConvictConditioning_201602/Convict%20Conditioning.pdf
This book really helped me. He goes step by step, starting from how a very weak person should work out.
I follow his advice and I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Hope it helps you!
>>
>>18108768
Exrx.org
>>
Ur a pussy. In all seriousness tho, make sure u eat at least three meals a day, do like instant oats for breakfast and like eggs for lunch followed by some kind of beef or chicken for dinner. U can pre cook eggs chicken rice beef. All sorts of stuff in order to keep it easy on urself. Also drink protein shakes and I do a lot of pbj inbetween meals because its cheap easy and u van pack em up.
>>
Oh also u need at least 2 to 3 days a week in the gym. Make sure u hit all ur core muscle groups. Bis tris back chest shoulders legs and abs. If u do 3 exercises for each group and 3 sets per exercise u should see results after a few weeks. Also I recommend doing the three big exercises, bench press, squats, and dead lifts. U may start with the bar or even 10 lbs, everyone starts somewhere.
>>
>>18109131
Wtf r u talking about time is more important than distance!?! Its that ass backward thinking that makes ppl think its to hard to do. As long as u go the distance and keep pushing u will see results.
>>
Demonizing hobbies or whatever you're addicted to, seems a pretty bad idea.
I don't like banning out things, i prefer gradually making me lose interest in something i wanna quit.
>>
File: 7.jpg (105KB, 306x500px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
105KB, 306x500px
>>18109398
Well, I've been following this book (pic related), and it worked for me. Everyone can run 10km, but how much time does it take you? Can you keep doing more physical activities after that or you're too tired?
>>
>>18109405
>i prefer gradually making me lose interest in something i wanna quit.
Videogame industry is already doing this without help. I use to remember better games in the past.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.