[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it selfish for me to want children when depression runs in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: New horoscopes.jpg (41KB, 454x720px) Image search: [Google]
New horoscopes.jpg
41KB, 454x720px
Is it selfish for me to want children when depression runs in my family?

My maternal grandmother had severe depression, my mum has it and has been on medication for years. I've had it most of my life and I'm trying to hold out but I think there's a fair chance I'll need to start taking them one day in the future.
>>
>>18108619

not reallly. if the depression hasnt hindered your life to the extent that you'd struggle to care for your kids, then its not really selfish, its just life.

that being said, feel free to adopt.
>>
>>18108619

No.

My Mom has battled and lost against bi-polar and booze her entire life.

I'm glad to be alive, as are my 4 siblings.
>>
>>18108619
Tons of people have depression, they'd probably be abnormal if they didn't have depression; don't let these cucks prevent you from having children.
>>
I'm in the same boat OP, I would like kids but but I'm a social reject with severe anxiety and depression and a family history of those and alcoholism. Honestly I think it us selfish unless you have the means and will to observe them closely in childhood and if they show signs of anything getting them into therapy asap.
>>
I struggle with depression and GAD inherited from my mom and resent her for it. I know it's not fair but there are so many days where I'd rather be dead that I can't help it. I personally will never pass on my fucked up genetics but ymmv.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.