[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've known my boyfriend a very long time and he is my best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1487871000122.gif (329KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1487871000122.gif
329KB, 250x141px
I've known my boyfriend a very long time and he is my best friend. We have a wonderful life together and our relationship is very good.

Over the past few weeks, I've felt an overwhelming desire to take things to the next level with him. Specifically, I think I want him to put a baby in me.

How do you even go about bringing this kind of thing up, without it becoming some high pressure plan? We've discussed the idea before and both of us are positive towards it, but bringing it up like it's something you're getting closer to is very intimidating.

I know this kind of thing can freak a person out, especially if it wasn't even on your mind and suddenly it becomes an option. Any tips on how to lightly introduce the idea without it seeming like I have a plan or ulterior motive?
>>
Ask him at what age he thinks having a baby is good for him. Like does he wanna wait till he's older, has more money saved up, etc. Or would he prefer to have em young to enjoy watching them grow up(?) Just kinda nudging it a bit.

Up to you though, ultimately how you wanna phrase it.
>>
>>18107612

Yeah, that's true. Neither of us are what you'd call "young", although this isn't the reason why I'm suddenly warming to the idea of children. Something just kind of clicked in me where I really want to experience the journey of having and bringing up a child with this person. This is coming from someone who had pretty much written off the idea a few years ago.

I suppose what I don't want to happen is, I mention it as an idea, he says he isn't ready or doesn't want to, then starts to panic that I'm obsessed with the idea and may try to make it happen. Now I'm very sure he trusts me enough to not assume the worst of me, but I've read some horror stories and wouldn't blame the majority of men for getting a bit nervous if their partner mentioned children.

Another idea was to leave it a few months and then mention it at a less pressured time, maybe on holiday or something, so we can move on from it if he doesn't feel comfortable talking about it.
>>
>>18107592

Wouldn't the next level be like, marriage.
>>
You may want to use the argument that you heard from a parent that it is way easier to wake up in the middle of the night before you turn 40 (you just did).
>>
>>18107618

Maybe. It's not something I'm overly worried about doing and if we did marry, it'll be something we do quietly together. I'm sure the suggestion of children would naturally lead to this happening anyway.

>>18107624

This is a good point - although as I said it's not an age thing at the moment and I don't want to seem as though I'm doing it out of pressure. We're not young but have a long time to do this - hence why I don't want to go down the high pressure route. I'd rather just ask about it up front.
>>
>>18107592

Stop trying to ruin the poor mans life OP
youre a real selfish cunt to want that from him
>>
>>18107617
Well, it would be a great idea to marry first, if you feel he's the one. You guys can pretty much go from there.

I dunno about him, but me (male 31) I do want a child. My mom said she had a dream that I'd have a daughter, so I'm hoping she's right... soon.. cus I'm still single, and the last girl I was crushing on lives all the way in North Carolina, and I'm in Miami.. so.. kinda losing hope. Maybe a dream is just a dream.
>>
>>18107649

If he wants it too, how is that selfish? Go back to r9k.

>>18107727

I'd love to marry him and I think you're right, it makes sense to do that first. I suppose I just see marriage as a bit of a tick box exercise - I know I want to be with him, I know I love him and don't need a piece of paper to show that. Although if I had children with him, I'd want us to be a family which in terms of the law, is easier when you're married.

So my next question...general discussion or proposal? And also, how would you feel if your girlfriend proposed to you?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.