[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So uh, how do I fix my relationship with my sister. >Having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Joker..png (135KB, 560x313px) Image search: [Google]
Joker..png
135KB, 560x313px
So uh, how do I fix my relationship with my sister.
>Having conversation with sister, somehow marriage comes up.
>Mention to her that I would never marry a woman without a prenup.
>Says that I'm a misogynist who thinks all women are out for my money.
>Mention to her that divorce rates were 40% last year, almost 50/50.
>She hasn't replied to me since.

Welp.
>>
Realize deep in your heart that if your sis thinks like that she's no thrill to have around anyhow.

Pray tell does she have colored hair not unlike a poison dart frog and wears problem glasses?
>>
>>18107005

/pol/ here.
Women are like jews; They shriek as they hit you.

She knows fully well what the divorce courts are like and that they've killed off more of a countries own soldiers than it's enemies.

She just doesn't care because it contradicts "all men are evil, feminist gurl power, WE ARE DEFINATELY THE FAIRER SEX IF WE JUST KEEP SAYING IT IT'S TRUE" wymyn cult.

You gone against the cult. Should've hid your powerlevel, instead now she's gonna play the victim because women are the real victims in this legalised slave trade that drives hundreds of men to suicide each year by throwing them in and out of debtors prisons and forcing them to pay more than they actually earn.

(Don't worry though, the golem always turns. millenial women are out-earning men and if they don't fight for change now they won't have enough support to actually makes changes when it does affect them - particularly as there is more scrutiny on courts to be egalitarian and fair.

And really, even if they cause change, it would be an admission of wrongdoing, allowing men who've paid alimony to apply for backpayments and damages... so either way the golem is going to turn and hurt women).
>>
>>18107005
It's in our nature, mate. She's genetically programmed to behave this way (social female self-survival). Try to avoid the topic, and start spending more time with her besides showing her that you're a good and sensible person.
>>
>>18107005
I find the idea of a pre-nup a bit insulting, and it is extra insulting when people on this site make it sound like the only reason why women get married is to steal husband's money and they're evil.
Like the dude a couple of posts over mine.
>>
Pre-nups get thrown out of court all the time, regardless I would never marry without one either.

>>18107796
>and it is extra insulting when people on this site make it sound like the only reason why women get married is to steal husband's money and they're evil.

There are enough cases for it to be a valid concern.
>>
>>18107799
>There are enough cases for it to be a valid concern.
Then don't get married, or don't have a relationship at all.
If I get married to someone I want to think he has a high opinion of me. I don't want to spend my life with a person who genuinely believes that I am evil or a gold digger.
>>
>>18107005
Instead of framing it like "here's the statistics that support my generalisations", why not try to say something in the lines of "I don't think all women are out for money, but better safe than sorry". It might seem obvious to you, but truth is other people don't know what you're thinking unless you tell them
>>
>>18107800
>Then don't get married, or don't have a relationship at all.

I fully intend to never get married.

You say it's insulting to get a pre nup, have you ever thought how insulting it is to use the divorce industry to "cash out" once a marriage has failed?

I wonder how you would act when 50% + of your assests were on the line if it fails.
>>
>>18107804
> have you ever thought how insulting it is to use the divorce industry to "cash out" once a marriage has failed?
Yes. But I don't plan to do it. I am not insulting anybody.
If my fiancé asked me to sign a prenup, he'd be insulting me and assuming I am in just to "cash out".

>I wonder how you would act when 50% + of your assests were on the line if it fails.
But they are.
>>
File: wio50hd.gif (255KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
wio50hd.gif
255KB, 700x700px
>>18107800
>the only alternative to not meeting my standard is solitude
Incredibly self-centered statement.
>genuinely believes that I am evil or a gold digger
You have capacity and rational for it, but little control should you refuse to acknowledge and integrate those sub-personalities.
>>
>>18107846
If you are unable to trust your partner, you shouldn't be in a relationship at all.
Love is built on trust and mutual respect, you're showing you neither love or respect your partner by assuming they're going to screw you over.
>>
Why are people incapable of tolerating differing opinions? I can understand if he said some Nazi tier /pol/ shit, but come on.

This culture of "you either agree with me or you're the devil and we're through" is absolutely toxic and, ironically, fascist.
>>
>>18107851
Let's be real. People have loving relationships that collapse and commonly when a deep love collapses it gets really ugly. When it gets really ugly in a divorce, generally the partner will take what they can in order to inflict emotional damage on the other person. And in most cases, it's the woman who gets to inflict this damage. No one goes into a marriage thinking they're going to violently divorce, but it happens very commonly. Don't be naive. This isn't a fairy tale.
>>
>>18107856
Then don't get married at all.
What's the point of getting married if you don't think it will last, or if you don't think that your partner will be kind enough to not ruin your finances? What's the point of getting married if you don't trust and love your partner?

I'd rather never get married than get married with a prenup. You're basically saying that you don't actually believe we're actually going to stay together forever, and that you're not sure enough about my character and you need an insurance.
>>
>>18107851
t. Sheltered kid with non-divorced parents
>>
>>18107862
>What's the point of getting married if you don't think it will last
Are you illiterate, stupid or both? People expect the marriage to last, but it commonly doesn't. They do love and trust their partner, but we're talking about reality and not your Disney fairy tales. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>18107005
Shouldn't have rationalize orexplain your choice, man.

Let it die and cool for time, and if your sister ever bring up about that just say it's just your choice without explaining.
>>
>>18107864
My parents never married to begin with.
They've been together for 35 years tho. Very happy together.

>>18107865
They don't trust their partner if they need a piece of paper that says they won't screw them over. They don't expect the marriage to last if they are planning a way out of it.
It's simply incoherent to go and swear in front of God and your family and friends that you're going to spend the rest of your life with someone, and you're going to be by their side through anything, and you're going to trust them and love them whatever happens when you have already planned an easy way out.
>>
>>18107869
>They've been together for 35 years tho. Very happy together.
So you admit that you come from a sheltered background and have no realistic viewpoint on this? Okay.

>They don't trust their partner if they need a piece of paper that says they won't screw them over. They don't expect the marriage to last if they are planning a way out of it.
Simply not true. It means they are leading with logic in a legal contract instead of just trusting their feelings.
>It's simply incoherent to go and swear in front of God and your family and friends that you're going to spend the rest of your life with someone
...and then get a divorce? It happens everyday, honey. Divorce isn't something that 99% of couple seek, but it happens to nearly 40% of them. Stop living in lala land and use your brain. Your feelings never put food on the table or paid bills.
>>
>>18107873
Divorce happens, but you don't get into marriage planning to divorce.
But pre-nup is something you plan before even getting married.
It seems incoherent with the very premise of marriage - you cannot tell me you believe in the vow when you're getting married if you have a pre-nup. It is a completely empty promise. It's like "We're going to stay together forever (terms and conditions might be applied)". It ruins the premise of marriage itself.
I'd rather not get married ever than get married with someone who assumes we're going to divorce and I'm going to fuck him over.
>>
>>18107878
>you don't get into marriage planning to divorce.
That is literally what getting a prenup is.
>>
>>18107882
No, it "literally" is not. Stop misusing words. That's like saying you go to the doctor because you plan on getting cancer.
>>
>>18107892
It literally is. Getting cancer isn't a decision. Getting a divorced is. You analogy is literally shit.
>>
>>18107882
>wearing a seatbelt is like planning on getting into a car accident
>>
>>18107900
>divorce is an unpredictable accident
>marriage is as necessary as needing to use a car for transportation

All i want is an analogy that doesn't fail on all levels
>>
>>missing the obvious solution here bro.

Marry one who earns more than you. Mine earns almost 2x what I do. We keep seperate bank accounts. The house and my car are in my name and there's a record that I've made all the payments on it from my salary. In the event of a divorce, I come out financially ahead. No kids to muddy the waters.

Not that I would, I love my wife. But it's reassuring.
>>
>>18107904
Well, you're a woman, so of course you'd be against a pre-nup.

What if the situation was reversed? Say you married a man who made less than you did and things didn't work out after five years. You'd want to be able to legally protect your personal assets and income, right? You don't want to have to pay alimony for years to him, right?
>>
>>18107915
Why take a risk if you're not willing to take the consequences in case you fail?
>>
>>18107915
Five years is a fucking pitiful run. See I'm not one of those retards who would marry someone after knowing them for 10 months and then be surprised when it doesn't work out. If I thought divorce was a significant risk I wouldn't bother marrying in the first place. Marriage is serious to me.
>>
>>18107915
And also, I wouldn't marry someone with such significantly different income than me that I'd have to be paying them alimony if we got divorced. If you marry a leech or someone who can't support herself, or, you make her stall her career to have and raise your kids, that's your fault.
>>
Men and women have opposite views on marriage.

To women, marriage is really serious, to men divorce is. The problem is the divorce industry, aslong as it exists men will want to cover themselves, and it's perfectly reasonable to, there's a firm in Canada that's notorious for hounding men to suicide.

Get rid of the divorce industry and everything will be fine.
>>
>>18107941
>If you marry a leech or someone who can't support herself, or, you make her stall her career to have and raise your kids, that's your fault.
A thousand times this.
It's fucking ridiculous how many men will say they want their wife to be a stay at home mom or a housewife and then get crazy over the fact that they have to pay alimony in case they get divorced.
>>
>>18107012
>/pol/ here

Stopped reading there
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.