[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning an instrument...Which should I choose?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: chords.jpg (26KB, 664x342px) Image search: [Google]
chords.jpg
26KB, 664x342px
I want to learn to play an instrument but I'm not so sure on which one. It's a mix up between piano and guitar.

We currently own a keyboard, albeit a shitty one we picked up from a garage sale years ago for like $5. I've heard that cheap keyboards like that aren't as great to learn to play piano with because the keys don't function the same way they do on a more expensive keyboard or traditional piano.

As far as guitar goes, I know that I need to drop a decent amount of money ($300-$600) to get a decent one that will allow me to learn to play it easier. It's not necessary to spend that much, but my understanding is that it's recommended to spend some decent money on an instrument to ensure it has good build quality and isn't a cheap piece of shit.

I know there's a lot of resources online for learning guitar. A lot of people recommend Justin Guitar and several other sources. I don't know as many highly recommended keyboard learning sources, but I'm sure they're out there.

As far as learning instruments goes, I've heard people recommending learning piano first before guitar because it can help you understand music theory easier and it will make picking up other instruments easier. Is there any truth to this?

Would appreciate any input anybody can give on the subject.
>>
>>18093863
Don't forget you can produce

You don't necessarily need an instrument

I would recommend fl studio and get a drum kit similar to your style (dubstep jazz rock classic etc) it's all out there and all free.
>>
>>18094039
Also there are knock off brand guitars like Jackson and esp literally 400 dollars will get you a studio quality guitar but you can't beat free.99
>>
Ok I'm on amohetamines and can't sleep so here's a good guitar if you want to do more rock/progressive/heavy

But I will recommend fl studio a thousand times over because you learn theory and putting songs together and you do it for free before you know you like it

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LEC256BLKS?adpos=1o1&creative=105593157841&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=LEC256BLKS&gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQAqFL76EfOkhUG8ZmTCfYAPiPRBU1dgWxJfB5wXlLgjZdqFAQaAvh18P8HAQO
>>
>>18094039
I'm not really much into producing. I'd prefer to just play an individual instrument as opposed to creating music with FL or what have you.

I entertain the idea of being a party or some public setting where there's an instrument available and being able to casually play some music just for fun

Thanks for the suggestion though
>>
>>18094046
LIterally just buy a guitar and practice covers then

It's boring as fuck and for little to no payout
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.