[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22 year old here who's never been in a relationship. So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1485153816689.png (209KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485153816689.png
209KB, 500x375px
22 year old here who's never been in a relationship. So far I'd like to say I'm pretty content/happy with myself. I'm only working part time hourly but I have career goals with the company I'm in. So I've decided to sign up for several online dating app/sites because I feel this is something I I should work on since everything else seems to be going alright.

Problem is I don't know what constitutes as a good profile for a guy. I don't think I'm hideous but I'm not what this site calls a "Chad" either. that doesn't really bother; I love myself and I'm cool with who I am, however I do try for self-improvement if I feel it's necessary. I would post a pic but I'm not very photogenic and I don't actually have any recent ones of me. However I really think my profile is just....bland I guess? I'm pretty blunt, I like video games and anime, I go to the movies on my days off. Most of the women I come across aren't into that and that's perfectly okay, but I would like advice on how to come across less dull to the women that are into similar interests would be great. I don't want to come across as something I'm not though, I love myself and I don't want to change who I am just for another person.
>>
>>18093052

Dude, you are 22. Dating apps are for peoplei n way worse situations than yours. Try meeting girls in real life ofr a while, ok? Do more activities outside your house and outside movie theaters.
>>
>>18093060
Any advice for places then? I tend to shy away from Cons cause I get overwhelmed by being around large amounts of people. I do go to the bookstore regularly but other than that I'm at a loss. I don't go to college because it wasn't for me and I wanted to work hard to be successful rather than study hard.
>>
>>18093052

unfortunately there is no filter on those sites for your interests. you can try going to the geek based dating sites, but they're pretty shitty imo. so all you can do is scour the accounts looking for a woman in your type in particular.

i think if you focus too much on the 'brand' a woman is and less on who they are in relation you you're going to have a bad time.

my ideal partner is also geeky, but if i filter people out based on boring interests i would have lost a LOT of great girlfriends.

just remember that relationsihps aren't entirely about you. you can already watch anime and do your geeky interests on your own. with a partner try to be more open minded, and in return they might be open minded to yours.

that being said if you want to mingle with someone like you, go to niche gatherings, meetups, and events.
>>
>>18093079

Do volunteer work, join some class (once a week, maybe a language or something artistic), join some kind of club (sports, chess, etc.)

Another important thing is that you aren't there to look for dates, not at all. You are there to have fun, meet people, and hang out. Dates will come later when you have a good social circle around you.
>>
>>18093082

I definitely keep an open mind when it comes to interests, I do look at people's profiles when swiping. However would it be wrong to swipe against someone if their interests just don't seem to mesh in anyway with mine? I tend to go with an idea of 50/50 in similar/non-similar interests.

>>18093092
Thanks for advice, I have friends I do care about a lot but they're social circle doesn't look like it would mix well with me. I'm very straight-edge/conservative and they're very drinking/partying type people. Going back to what I said earlier though, should I power through my trouble being in places with large amounts of people and also go to cons? They're gathering for people definitely with the same interests, I feel I could make friends there if I didn't suffer from sensory overload.
>>
>>18093126

wrong? no. but it does mean you might miss out on an opportunity.

im a looks first kinda guy. if they at least look good i talk to them, and see what happens. ive dated incredible weeb girls and out going adventure girls. they're all fun as long as you get along.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.