[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How pretentious is it to change your name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: smoking manlet.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smoking manlet.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
I used to be bullied a lot and my name keeps reminding me of it. How will it be perceived if I change my name legally and start using my middle name?
>>
>>18092096
Seems like the real issue is how you still do not get over real issue, although a name change will probably not remind you of it but honestly hearing a new name will probably remind you of your name change constantly and the pathetic reasoning that you came up with.
Learn to give no fucks about those times and get over them.
>>
>>18092096
That's not pretentious, do what you want.
>>
>>18092102
I use my middle name with English speaking friends and have no problems with it. It won't be a new thing and the old name not missed. I'm more worried about how it will be perceived by others.
>>
>>18092109
General reaction:
>That's weird why would he change his name

Unless you are called Hans or similar, you'll be viewed as an unhappy and unsuccesful person and also may be disrespectful to your parents.

Anyway choice is yours and you should not gove a fuck either about how people will look at your name change, your life, your decisions.
>>
What's the name
>>
>>18092121
>you should not gove a fuck either about how people will look at your name change, your life, your decisions.
except people's perception of you determines the networks you establish, what job opportunities you get, and your potential to get a gf, friends and resources.
>>
My fwb did it when she got sober. She's gone over 4 years.

It does have a psychological effect on considering yourself to be a different person than who you were.
>>
>>18092129
All of those things can be rebuilt. Your actions speak louder than your name. Simply stating that you wanted to change who you were is enough of an explaination.
>>
>>18092148
>change who you were
I'm not that name though, and I hate it with a passion.

>>18092145
I can see that. But it's more that I never related to the name. It's just a way to ridicule me.
>>
>>18092158
The fuck are you talking about? I thought you were changing your name?

Get a therapist.
>>
>>18092163
I wrote in the OP that I used to be bullied a lot. They used the name to ridicule me.
>>
>>18092096
As long as nobody knows you changed it then you'll be right as rain my G.
That being said, I have known people who changed their names and in every instance have thought them to be a bit of a cunt. So if you don't tell anyone and move to a new place you'll be calm.
>>
>>18092096
It is not at all pretentious. You get to define your identity, anon. Your name is part of your identity.
>>
>>18092218
Thanks, anon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.