[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go into a trade? Considering plumbing or truck driving.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: welders.jpg (82KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
welders.jpg
82KB, 1180x842px
Should I go into a trade? Considering plumbing or truck driving. College scares the shit out of me, I despised high school and I don't want to deal with the debt. At the same time I don't want to work with rednecks and methheads for the rest of my life even if I'll make a lot of money. What do.
>>
You shouldn't become a truck driver just because you hate high school. If you're an intelligent person and you don't want to be around rednecks, then you should get a job that isn't going to be filled with stupid assholes.

Picking up a trade isn't a bad idea, but you should do it properly. You might be working for 50 more years at it. There's no rush to be a plumber tomorrow.

Look up a list of careers, jobs, and trades and see which one appeals to you most then find out how to become one. Since you don't want to go to college - you're actually in a great position to go to college. You can go to a cheap one, you can just focus on the work, and you don't have to do a subject that is academic heavy or pointless. A small amount of student debt is ultimately a very good investment if you study the right thing.

You can often avoid 'college' altogether, but like I said you might be working for 50 years. For some types of advancement even as a tradesmen not having real qualifications is almost inconceivable. You may not need college to get those qualifications but you probably can't avoid any type of studying entirely.
>>
truck driving sucks. look into your local construction unions. carpenter, electrician, laborer, whatever floats your boat. Plumber is obviously a good choice, I'm just giving you some other options.

But don't become a truck driver.
>>
>>18091652
If you're in the US it's not a bad idea to have a CDL but, repeat after me, I WILL NOT HAUL SHIT FOR A LIVING AS A TRUCK DRIVER. If you want to be stuck with meat heads do become one other wise, NO.
>>
>>18091652
An acquaintance of mine drove truck for 25 years or so. He said, the money was okay but he was never home, never saw his wife or kids and once the money's gone you've got nothing but a messed up back to show for it.
>>
Just be aware that most trades do require some higher education, like to become a welder you have to go to welding school which will probably be a special program at your local community college.

Don't be so afraid of higher learning.
>>
in my experience electrician has the lowest number of meatheads and rednecks

also like the other anons said trade school wouldn't be a bad idea in your situation
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.