[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop being a NEET? I've got a degree in English,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How can I stop being a NEET?

I've got a degree in English, I'm 26 years old, I've got no job and I still live at home. I have no desire or motivation to work: can anyone give me some advice to overcome my apathy?
>>
>>18089289
some possibilities: Get a job, travel, write (anything, for yourself), read

Apathy is something you are supporting, it isn't somewhere out "there", it can't be overcome. Stop being apathetic and there will be no apathy.

You felt motivated enough to make this thread: the seed is there, focus on it, let it grow
>>
>>18089289
Don't you want something out of the world while you have the chance to live? To get many of the things you might want, you need money, and to get your own money, you need to work. What are some things you want in life?
>>
Get a job, obviously.
>>
I get what you're saying; I do.

This has become a real big problem for me. I start out doing something productive and then I start thinking about other things I'd rather be doing instead and before I know it I've started watching or playing something telling myself that I'll do what I have to do later.

I don't want to make excuses for my behavior anymore, but I seem to be stuck in a hole that I can't dig myself out of. How does one go about changing ingrained behavior? Is there any hope for me?
>>
>>18089289
Didn't realize whomp was being written by fuckley now.
>>
>>18089289
How are you eating?
>>
Once a day. I can barely muster up the energy to take a shower.
>>
>>18089289
eat well enough
sleep well enough
exercise, even if it's just a little

Make yourself go outside when it's a nice day and get some fresh air, possibly try talking to someone. When you're inside your house all day it's just gonna cycle back to not feeling like doing anything.
At first it might be painful to do other things but if you manage to find something that makes you happy outside of your house it will become a lot easier. And by something that makes you happy I mean a project, a workplace or at best, people.
>>
>>18089289
You can't be helped. For some reason the threads for older anons keep getting deleted.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.