[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

i want to die, just to see what awaits one after death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 54955.jpg (27KB, 225x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
54955.jpg
27KB, 225x350px
i want to die, just to see what awaits one after death
>>
it's nothing
sorry for spoiling it
>>
>>18087178
Remember before you were born? Same thing.
>>
>>18087197
i doubt it
>>
I'm pretty sure you can't feel shit once you die
>>
>>18087324
wishful thinking
if your brain ceases function you can't experience anything, there's nothing "waiting" for you.
>>
>>18087329
It's wishful thinking to think dying from old age or disease is even going to be possible before our lifetime is over

Our technology is increasing so exponentially that I would actually be extremely surprised if we didn't figure out immortality before our regular life spans are over. Or at the very least have enough technology to increase our lifespans long enough to stay alive until we make the break through on figuring out immortality
>>
>>18087325
seeing in a metaphorical sense
i suppose experience is a better expression
>>18087329
your body still persists after death, you cant really erase matter
dont get me wrong, i am not saying that life just continues like it did, i am just sure that there is something after death
after all, all living comes to an end for surely a reason?
>>
>>18087335
>immortality
i dont understand
everything that lives will one day die
its impossible to live on forever, life is defined by death
then you wouldnt really be alive anymore, no?
>>
You can make it if you try
Yeh, yeh you can make it if you try
Sometime you had to fall
Don't you know sometime you want to cry
Don't it make you feel so bad sometime
You wanna lay down and die
Yeh, yeh, you can make it if you try, ummmmmmm
If you're baby treats you wrong
Don't run around being blue
Remember my friend
Everybdody can't win
'Cuz you know sometime, sometime
You got to lose
They always told me
I could make it if I tried
I'm going to make it if i try
Yeh, yeh, i'm gonna make it if I try
If you try
>>
>>18087338
yes, you can't erase matter, but at that point you're just carbon, calcium, iron etc. rocks don't "experience" anything.
>all living comes to an end for surely a reason?
if you mean "why do living things die," it's mostly so that the next generation has a fair chance at life. we couldn't feed 100 generations of people.
if you mean "death must be more than life ending." no not really. it's exactly what it sounds like.
>>
>>18087335
You have no idea how far we are from that. We don't even know how our brains work yet, we only speculate what we see in empirical studies. What we do know however is that they don't work like computers, so you can't exactly transport the information in your brain to a hard disk. And finding out how they work is only the first step in prolonging their lifespan indefinitely.

Even if somehow a method of keeping the brain and the rest of the body alive was discovered it would obviously not be available to the plebs. Not in your lifetime. Yeah, sorry.
>>
>>18087335
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14ob1y_can-you-live-forever-2012_shortfilms
>>
>>18087335
>immortality
Why would we ever want that? Most of us don't even want to live past 20.
>>
>>18087178
>seeing something after dying
Uhm?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.