[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ Long story short I fought my way through a two year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Marcus-Aurelius.jpg (234KB, 1600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus-Aurelius.jpg
234KB, 1600x1143px
Hey /adv/

Long story short I fought my way through a two year swing of depression and made it. However, Im still out of commission it feels like. I want to learn and improve upon myself both in regards to my own education and physicality. The latter doesnt matter to me as much as the former. I have tons of texts and subjects in mind that Id like to get into and study but the depression honestly really fucked me and set me back a ton. It feels like I dont know how to study or even learn anymore. The texts I read are interesting but it doesnt feel like any of the substance is being "absorbed". I want to be able to really take in what Im reading and really comprehend and understand it. But I feel like Ive completely forgotten how to do so.

Any study tips anyone has would be really appreciated. Any extra tip in regards to self imporvement in general is welcome too. I just want to be able to know how to focus this energy I finally have and apply it to something I feel is worthwhile.
>>
>>18085617
Hi Anon, I know what you mean. I'm glad for you that you've got all this energy again. For me, when I read, I take breaks and journal down what I've just read in my own words and if I'm able to, I'll discuss it with my friends and family (or any other willing victims haha)

Try not to focus on how you used to study and do things before. You're you in the present right now. Have fun exploring how you do things now and don't put so much pressure on yourself to perform at unrealistic standards. Does that make sense?
>>
File: 1487789365446.jpg (52KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
1487789365446.jpg
52KB, 640x623px
>>18087075
Makes a lot of sense. Ill try it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18085617
I'm kind of in the same situation now. Meditation and exercise helps.
Also you should just try to put in the effort, be smart about it and try to learn.
While forcing yourself to learn doesnt really work I found that after i'd put in some effort I had actually calmed down a bit and started to learn efficiently. Then it's just a matter of not procrastinating
Don't get too disheartened as you need to recondition your brain
>>
File: 1487568190979.jpg (124KB, 800x885px) Image search: [Google]
1487568190979.jpg
124KB, 800x885px
>>18088306
Im trying my best to push myself into that new mindset so I can rewire my brain. Procrastination kills me though. After working a full time job Im just so mentally exhausted. My other big issue is figuring out how to manage my time well which is an issue Ive always had when grappling with life.
>>
OP I know you are seeking advice but I actually want to know, if you care to explain, how did you fight your way out of it? I'm struggling man.
>>
>>18085617
I went through the same thing. lost all passion for physically/mentally bettering myself. Ive been reading philosophy in the morning when i drink my coffee, and going for bike rides/walks while listening to music. its chill as fuck
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.