[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm feeling depressed. I took my anti depressant tonight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1454009815467.jpg (165KB, 1038x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1454009815467.jpg
165KB, 1038x1155px
I'm feeling depressed. I took my anti depressant tonight and last night what gives?
>>
sounds like you know about as much about the scam psychiatry has become as that little bird does
>>
>>18085457
please inform me if you will.
>>
>>18085465
ssri's work like placebos. atypical antidepressants are interesting. they have some antidepressant effect, but of course there are always side effects. (one of the side effects of the ssri's is sexual dysfunction, so wahoo)

they might try to use atypical antipsychotics on depression if it is severe (rumination, hopelessness, etc.) and this can have some effect, although atypical antipsychotics are shit and piss for your health

what's most misleading is not these treatments but the way they are presented. "THIS IS LIKE A BLOOD PRESSURE MED FOR SOMEONE WITH A HEART DISEASE. YOUR BRAIN SOUP DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH SALT IN IT AND THIS IS THE SALT. BUY BUY BUY BUY."

Yeah how about eat my ass.

Most people going through an emotional problem need emotional support, counseling, restructuring of their lives and increased positive socialization.

Corporations don't like talk therapy because it's basically mom-and-pop psychiatric treatment. There's no money for them to make in it.

Insurance companies don't like talk therapy because a lot of talk therapists are wankers, a lot of the patients are wankers, and often nothing is accomplished. There's no way for the insurance company to know that the talk sessions are going to have any effect, and even when they have a tremendous effect that saves the patient's life, they (for good reasons) don't trust the therapist saying this as clinical evidence
>>
>>18085465
>>18085484
>when is it a good idea to take these pills

>SSRI's SNRI's
when your depression is from an actual serotonin deficiency, and if you're ready to risk sexual side effects

>atypical antidepressants
when you are so miserable that it is difficult to sleep and/or when you are so miserable that it is difficult to be awake and alert. these have their own unique side effects, none of which seem very severe.

>atypical antipsychotics
this is for when your depression thoughts become completely debilitating and *all other measures to help have been exhausted*. these are often used in severe depression cases that classify as emergencies, or in persistent cases of severe depression where the patient is not improving fast enough (if at all).
>>
If you're taking SSRIs, two days of pills won't do anything. You need a few weeks on them to feel the effect. Kinda negligent your doctor or pharmacist didn't tell you.
>>
>>18085555
yeah they are SSRIs and ive been taking them for about a year or so I think the doctor might have said something like that to me in the past but they were working and now its like I get these little bouts of depression.
>>
>>18085578
>little bouts of depression
do something awesome
should counter it
>>
>>18085502
>when your depression is from an actual serotonin deficiency, and if you're ready to risk sexual side effects

How to cure serotonin deficiency: eat tryptophan and swallow vitamin-B6 pills. Tryptophan is present in most foods, but especially meat and dairy.

Google search tryptophan+WHfoods if you want names and numbers.
>>
>>18085589
there's a gene where people's serotonin will always be much more susceptible to dives than people without the gene. Stanford science man said that 1/3 cases of depression are in part due to this, but that it's not a problem if there aren't high levels of stress

I think many cases of depression can go into remission of the stress is reduced
>>
>>18085590
>there's a gene where people's serotonin will always be much more susceptible to dives than people without the gene.

The only people in the world who should take SSRIs, probably less than a tenth of a percent of those who are actually taking them.
>>
>>18085451
Get a bird
>>
>>18085724
I don't think I could take care of it. I have depression and schizophrenia as well but love birds are pretty neat.
>>
>>18085737
Then get a bird
>>
>>18085839
>hurr adopt something that can live decades because it's pretty
>>
>>18085867
>hurr durr don't adipt something that's pretty because it can live for decades
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.