[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1480441118333.jpg (440KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1480441118333.jpg
440KB, 2000x1859px
Another major thread
Trying to figure out what I want to major in. Currently in computer science however the program here is very dull, dry, and outdated. Plus, I'm accepting I'm no good at math. Everything outside of tests I can do because it's on my own time and resources and etc. but tests are a no.

Anyway I want to change majors but am not sure what to. I never was pushed into anything specific as a kid and never had the foresight to develop any talents. My interests are pretty vague so i'm just kind of feeling my way through this. What I'd like are some resources in terms of which college major to go into. I don't even want to get into "what do you want to do for the rest of your life" because I doubt I'll be in one specific field for the rest of my life, and that existential shit drives me insane.

Could you recommend some things to do to help me get a grasp on the major I want?
>>
>>18085410
college is for transgenders and commies, be a real man and drop out.
>>
are you a high school senior about to enter college?
>>
>>18085418
>>18085418
No, I tried that, it didn't go very well. I would if I had some well-defined talent that would give me a 99% chance of making money/being successful. Plus a strong support group. I have neither of those which is why I'm going to college.
also communists are alright as long as they aren't incredibly retarded intersectional lunatics.
>>
File: 1478657027387.png (2MB, 1800x2542px) Image search: [Google]
1478657027387.png
2MB, 1800x2542px
>>18085442
I'm in my second term of freshmen year
>>
Me: I thought I was picking a pragmatic major but it turned out I was picking an obsolete major.

My major: production printing.

Why I suck: in my eighth and final year of college, my very favorite professor told me it was cheaper to print things in China and ship them across the world than to print them yourself. This was entirely true and it remains true a decade later.

Why I can't just launch my own printing business: California will bill you ten thousand dollars because you polluted the air with your printing press ink. I am not making this up. I can't afford to leave California because all my prior jobs went out of business.

My advice on majors: do the hardest one your possibly can. Grades don't matter; graphic design students coast their way to straight-A's while math students toil night and day for straight-C's. Grades are only there to discourage you from picking real paths, fight through the pain and defeat it. Don't be afraid of mediocre grades but DO spend your entire youth on earning those mediocre grades instead of failing.
>>
>>18085464
isn't there a balance? math and programming make me want to actually kill myself, I'm not exaggerating. It's fucking misery and I get nothing enjoyable out of something I would be doing for the rest of my life.
>>
>>18085464
>Grades don't matter
They do if you're getting shitty grades in an oversaturated field like computer science or a near-useless field like production printing.
>>
>>18085478
Programming is a decent field but it is severely saturated with recent grads. If you like money, don't major in programming. If you hate money, ask your closest bro to punch you squarely in the nose and then don't major in programming. I really want to hire a programming grad, but I can't afford it and I don't think I ever will.

>>18085483
>They do if you're getting shitty grades in an oversaturated field like computer science or a near-useless field like production printing.
Printing isn't near-useless, it's entirely useless at this point. Chinese slave drivers have spoken openly about opening automated factories in the US. The only reason the slaves still have a place to live is because they are cheaper than the automation - for now. In 20 years, you're not going to bother with presses. If you want something on paper, then it's going to be little different from hitting ctrl+P and fetching the printed page.
>>
>>18085510
>Printing isn't near-useless, it's entirely useless at this point.
Doesn't change the point I was making. Grades DO matter if there aren't many jobs or limited jobs available.
>>
>>18085483
(second response to same post from same person)

I don't think I've ever met a printing student who was getting failing grades. If you knock the instructor out and steal his wallet, don't attend a single class, he'll give you a C minus.
>>
>>18085514
What you're saying is ENTIRELY false. If there are no jobs in your field, then grades matter the LEAST. A piece of paper which makes you feel bad matters more than failing grades in a field with no jobs.

That said, if you're capable of scoring an F in a printing / graphdesign / publishing field then I would LOVE to see it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.