[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm roommates with my best friend(s), will we end up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1488059505501_20170225_195405.jpg (103KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1488059505501_20170225_195405.jpg
103KB, 878x814px
If I'm roommates with my best friend(s), will we end up hating or not liking each other as much?
>>
Yes, No, Maybe, Maybe Not
>>
>>18083475

basically this. it just depends. some end up growing closer. some end up becoming more distant.

it really just depends on how you vibe in living with each other.

i moved in with friends and lost them (though they were admittedly shite from the start and i just ignored it cuz i was new in town) and i became friends with people i lived with.

it all just depends.
>>
>>18083468
My friend told me that these friends he knows who are best friends moved in together and they began hating each other really hard. He said their lifestyles just didn't match, like one of them had problems with his girlfriend and it affected the other.

I'm sure tho it doesn't always not work out.
>>
>>18083475
Why did you include "maybe not"? O why did you exclude "maybe yes"?
>>
>>18083929
Why did he not even say
"Can you repeat the question"?
>>
>>18083468

It's possible. When people become responsible for themselves and can;t rely on mommy and daddy, they start to show their true colors. I've had friends that roomed together in college that ended up hating each other in the end, and i've had other friends that roomed together that their bonds became even stronger.

Rooming with your friends is a gamble.
>>
>>18083468
Nah I've been roommates with one of my best friends for like 2 years, it works out fine. The trick is that you shouldn't try to make it "best friends hang-out time" all the time, give each other enough space & privacy, and cabin fever shouldn't become an issue.

Also, it sounds dumb, but develop some kind of system/rules for household chores like dishes, cleaning, garbage, etc. It's better to have that conversation BEFORE you start pissing each other off
>>
File: TPPSTkh.jpg (63KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
TPPSTkh.jpg
63KB, 720x720px
>>18083468
My roommates are my bestfriends. It's important to have your own space and to give them space.
There will be times where you're mad at each other.
There will be times where you're sick of each other.
Communication is the key. Don't hold a grudge.
Best advice I can give after living with them for a year.
>>
>>18083468
I roomed with my best friend of 6 years my freshman year of college, and by the end of that year we were no longer friends. take that for what you will
>>
>>18083468
Look at how your friends live at home. Is their room clean or do their parents have to yell at them to keep it clean?

Do they expect other people to take care of them? Are they considerate to others?

Do they have chores that they are expected to do at home, and do they do these without complaint and without having to be told?

And what about you?

What makes for good roommates is respect for others and their things. You don't take their shit without asking or without replacing it. You think about what you're doing and if it's going to bother them BEFORE you do it.

If you're all a bunch of assholes, and there's no expectations for behavior and none of you are bothered by anything, it can work out as well as if you're all highly thoughtful, disciplined, tidy people.

It's when there's a difference in personality and expectations that problems occur.

If you've ever thought "huh, that seems rather self-entitled" of one of your friends, they probably won't be a good roommate for you.
>>
>>18083468
not if you guys set up healthy boundaries

I've never got sick of living with strangers. they know exactly when to fuck off, and so do I.
>>
>>18083935
Or something like "I don't know"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.