[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay for people to date other people from work or no?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is it okay for people to date other people from work or no?

Asking for a friend.

He has this crush on one of his coworkers, but I said it's a fucking terrible idea.
>>
>>18082543
>it's a fucking terrible idea.

Agree. Make sure he discloses to HR or else the shit storm shall abrew.
>>
It's fine as long as they're in different departments
>>
>>18082554
And as long nothing dramatic happens.
>>
>>18082547
Thanks, glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that way.

>>18082554
They aren't in different sectors at work, they are at close quarters at all times. In fact, she and him are right next to each other all the damn time. Of course, he wanted to move next to her.

>>18082559
Nothing yet, as far as I can see.
>>
>>18082543
I've been dating one of my coworkers for the last two months and things have been going pretty well. But then again, I work at a dead end fast food job.
>>
>>18082653
This is the only situation in which you should date a coworker. That, or if you were in a relationship before you started working together
>>
>>18082543
If it's a good paying career job, don't shut where you eat.

If it's a low paying temporary job, go for it.
>>
As someone who currently dates their one and only coworker, I'd highly advise against it. It's a distraction, for one, so work efficiency will suffer and possibly get them in a lot of shit with their boss. Also, things will be good, and things will be bad, just like with any relationship. This will not always be left at home, so dirty laundry will be aired at work at some point because men are dicks and women are cunts. Plus, if their both in the same department, one could threaten to quit any time the other doesn't give them their way. And, unless the other wants to be put in a bind because of this, they'll have to bend. It creates an unhealthy balance.

So no, don't do it. It can work, but it never works perfectly.
>>
>>18082543
Don't shit where you eat .. I've had a couple of intercompany relationships .. nothing but trouble
>>
>>18082543
No, unless one of them do not plan to advance their career further, or want to move into another job/workplace.

It will leads to gossip of course, then slowly but sure, the boss man/managers would not stop mentioning it when they're talking about the slightest change in your work performance which is a bad thing.
>>
>>18082653
I'm working at a fast food as well. I met my last GF there. We stayed together for five months, than shit hit the fan and she broke up with me. Knowing that I'll be forced to see her and talk to her is hell on earth.

Long story short: dating a coworker is awesome as long as things go well. Then, if drama happens, it's fucking awful.
>>
>>18082752
Truer words have never been spoken. I wish my sister understands that. Her work performance now is lagging to the point her manager giving her a one last warning, and she's often angry making the situation at home heavy.

I tried to tell her, but she don't listen and think love will conquers all bullshit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.