[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to crash the product line of a fortune 50 company.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I'm about to crash the product line of a fortune 50 company. They shouldn't have trusted me with so much. Half a billion dollars lost. How to I survive with this guilt? I'm a failure.
>>
You can think about it when you're in prison being fucked by your cellmate
>>
>>18078609
I did nothing illegal. The product just grew bigger than I could manage and now it's not sustainable.
>>
>>18078613
what guilt? you made it successful at one point who cares if it crashes.
>>
>>18078983
Because I told them I could handle it and I can't. They trusted me. I said everything was under control. They won't know they are fucked until I quit because I can't make it work.
>>
>>18078605
>>18078613
>>18079750
ok this is easy. you have done nothing wrong here. the company should never have hired someone as incompetent as you. it's the company's responsibility to weed out unintelligent employees and to delegate important work to the big boys who can get shit done.
>>
>>18078605
You have nothing to be ashamed or upset about.

You built a brand into a massive success. Now you go to your bosses with the numbers and say "This has gotten bigger than even I imagined, and obviously isn't a one-man job anymore. I am confident we can take this even higher, but you're going to have to give me a whole department to help carry it from here forward."

You won't get fired - you'll get promoted.
>>
>>18079934

Amazing. Not OP, but it makes me genuinely happy to see solid advice arou d here.
>>
>>18079934
This is solid advice, unless the product line has already fully crashed. You could try and save it though, if that is the case.

If you feel you're in an all-or-nothing scenario then it's worth whatever risk that may be involved; if asking for a bigger team is the risk, then it's definitely worth it; especially since, as you said, the product is even bigger thanks to you.
>>
>>18078605
>fortune 50 company
>Half a billion dollars lost
op stop, they wont even notice. you have nothing to worry about here
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.