[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety over text/call/email

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1474078944737s.jpg (4KB, 125x103px) Image search: [Google]
1474078944737s.jpg
4KB, 125x103px
Hey guys,

Anytime I receive an email, a phone call, or a text I feel a sinking in my stomach sort of as if I'm going to throw up. It doesn't matter if it's good news, bad news, anything. The moment I see a notification I feel an intense feeling of fear and dread.

Just now, I received a phone call from an unknown number and it kicked me into overdrive and I'm just sitting here like I'm about to barf.

Any tips on how to alleviate this level of autism? I hate being like this, it's completely irrational. I could even post something on craigslist knowing I'll be contacted and still get this feeling of anxiety the moment I get a message.

How do I get over this? I've tried reassuring myself that it's merely a text, or a call, but nothing seems to work. I hate this.
>>
Jesus Christ I thought I was the only one. Like what possess me to be this dumb piece of shit.
>>
File: chinese-fortune-telling-man.jpg (34KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
chinese-fortune-telling-man.jpg
34KB, 400x267px
>>18061183
no idea what it is but it happens to me too.
>>
>>18061183
>>18061210

I've done some digging in the past and it seems we might suffer from "Avoidant Personality Disorder"; characterized as

> by feelings of extreme social inhibition, inadequacy, and sensitivity to negative criticism and rejection.

They say that it only affects 1% of the general population though, so that sounds overtly rare. Granted, we are all on 4chan which is literally the home of the socially inept so it is more likely than usual.
>>
>>18061220
>1% of the general population
US population is some 350 million, right? 1% is still 3.5 million people.
>>
>>18061177
I used to have this feeling all the time, but I have a pretty good reason for it. When I was maybe 7 or 8, someone called my house while I was home alone and talked to me a little bit, then said to come outside to the side of house, and if I scream they are going to kill me. I asked "what do you want?" almost crying. Then I heard a bunch of people laughing and they hung up. Now as an adult I know it was a prank call, but as a small child by myself, I was horrified. I hid somewhere in the house for hours and hours waiting for my family to come home, but I fell asleep. When I woke up I heard my grandma repeating "please oh please oh please". At first I thought she was being held hostage, but I realized no one else was talking so I came out. Apparently my family had come home, found me missing, and everyone had been searching for me. It was a pretty scary experience for me, and for probably over a decade I never wanted to be left alone at home, answer calls, or answer the door. If it ever happened I would just ignore it until someone else were around.

Eventually I realized how this stupid prank call was controlling so much of my life and realistically thought out the what the issue would be if I answered these things instead of hiding. I set two rules: don't answer the door at night, and have a weapon on me at all times.

After a few years of this, I realized how the only bad thing that ever comes for me are telemarketers and solicitors. Occasionally a coworker trying to figure something out they can't do on their own.
>>
>>18061230

This is true.

>>18061233

Not a bad idea. Do you carry a gun on you, or a knife?
>>
>>18061252
Nothing now. Previously a knife.
>>
>>18061220
You probably have an anxiety disorder. AvPD is a personality disorder which is much more severe & shows symptoms earlier.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.