[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Hey /adv/!

About one year ago I started having piano lessons.I do not remember why from all the instruments I chose piano or why even I chose to play it.
I went to a piano teacher's home for 6 weeks until I decided with my parents to buy a little piano.
I can admit that the first 2 months were exiciting and every time one lesson ended, I couldn't wait for the next one.But now it is exactly the opposite.I cannot wait for the lesson to end.It is so painful and so unpleasuring to learn like a slave every note.And for what?For my mom and dad to hear me sing the same 3 songs everyday for 8 months?I told my parents that I want to quit, but they say it is not possible.
What do?How can I convince them to stop playing it and sell the piano?
pls help
>>
>>18060218
Your parents don't want you to be the kind of person who decides to start and then quit things on a whim. Especially if it involves investing a considerable amount of time and money.

If you really want to get them off your back, pay them back for all the money they spent.

You are also not required to play nothing but the same shit over and over again. I would suggest finding out if there is a particular reason that your instructor is having you play the same three songs for 8 months, and if you don't have a satisfactory response, find another teacher.

You can also simply find something you want to play and learn to play it yourself.
>>
Piano is one of the easier instruments; also why are you only repeating one song over and over? There are plenty of piano songs out there.
>>
Literally no real hobby ever will always feel 100% pleasurable. It's like lifting, it's supposed to hurt but the results are worth it. Stick with it, don't be a fucking pussy, git gud at something instead of jumping from interest to interest without being skilled in anything. Every skill-based activity becomes difficult at some point and if you quit every time this happens you will never be good at anything.

It also gets better after a while, I was forced by my parents to play piano and take lessons since i was 7 and I only started enjoying it in highschool, and it's still not fun to drill scales but you still have to do it to git gud, and it feels great to really know you're skilled in something. Right now I'm extremely thankful to my parents for doing this, I would be a much more boring person without this.
>>
>>18060291
>piano is one of the easier instruments
>>
>>18060303
I lift as well and run 12km 6 days per week and it feels really relaxing to have your body empty and muscular, but with the piano I cannot really achieve something.I mean yes, it is a hobby and I am 100% I will not go pro, but still...It irritates me that I am forced to practice it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.