[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel so lost and upset constantly. I'm absorbed in politics,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: DOOT DOO DO DODOOOO.png (278KB, 438x422px) Image search: [Google]
DOOT DOO DO DODOOOO.png
278KB, 438x422px
I feel so lost and upset constantly. I'm absorbed in politics, and I didn't used to be. I feel so fucking upset and confused and anxious. I don't understand the world or the people around me. People I love and care about are chanting Trump-isms like mindless drones while all I can do is worry about my future children dying from polluted waters.

What the fuck do I do? I can't just live with this anxiery and depression. I feel like I should just stop reading the news but I can't because I have to stay informed. WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO
>>
>my future children
why would you want to bring more people into this world just to have them suffer and die as we do? Just look around this board and see all the people who are extremely depressed and suicidal but can't kill themselves without hurting their family. Bringing someone into this imperfect world without their consent where they don't even have the option of ending their own life without causing suffering to others is simply cruel. I don't understand how anyone can justify it.
>>
>>18059583
Thanks for your helpful advice
>>
File: pringles.jpg (200KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
pringles.jpg
200KB, 400x534px
>>18059593
was that sarcasm?
>>
>>18059574
It's hard to recommend stuff without knowing more about you.

Probably go see a psych if you can find a good one. Your problems are pretty common.
>>
If you're white, middle class and a dude you have nothing to worry about
Even if you're only white you're still at a huge advantage
>>
>>18059574
Lol you sound like me

I don't know man, it's hard. I've started to not be surprised by all the horrible shit I read/see.
I considered moving to Canada, but all my family is here and I heard Trudeau is just as corrupt. I don't wanna believe it but damn.
I'm also a bean and lately I've been slightly afraid of being harassed in public. I know it probably won't happen but I can't help to find myself walking on eggshells when in public and around white people. I try to be extra polite and not upset them. And it's just cranky looking old folks, and maybe younger whites who look like they're from the south or something. Police also make me anxious. Not as much though, but there's so much law enforcement corruption it's scary.
I feel our government has turned completely evil, chasing the almighty dollar. No matter how many innocent people are hurt they continue. The satanic child sex trafficking ring doesn't help either.

It is pretty depressing.
>>
>>18059574
Stop watching TV, stop listening to talk radio, stop lurking on facebook/new/pol.

You dont need to stay informed because literally nothing you hear on the news affects your day to day life. The world is not going to blow up if you stop listening to NPR.

It seriously only takes a few weeks for politics to stop being important to you if you stop paying attention to them.
>>
>>18059574
This might surprise you, but it's YOU who's becoming the mindless drone.

The media is brainwashing the fuck out of your poor gullible mind so that you become addicted to their drivel and keep their pay check guaranteed.

Everything will be alright. Yes, even after 4 years of Donald Trump. Even a moron like him won't be able to destroy the world like you are being told.
>>
>>18059728
>The satanic child sex trafficking ring doesn't help either.
100% made up
>>
>>18059574
Hah, funnily enough as a moderate Trump supporter (aka a puncheable nazi) I'm increasingly worried about the state of the world too. But hey, I don't want to start explaining all the sort of politics things where we face off.

I don't believe in esotericism or illuminati but I think it's pretty clear we are being played here, in a way. I don't think the MSM has a plot to overthrow and keep people dumb or is 100% Soros funded, but one thing is sure, getting people riled up a lot makes them rich. The more you are emotionally reacting to shit, the more they push out of that shit. I think the best way is to stop paying attention to the drivel.

In the end anon, we wanted the same thing which is a good country where people make a decent living. Sort yourself and your community out. By focussing on politics and the latest fart Trump gave, you're no longer working on yourself, or doing shit for your neighbourhood, or that's all time spent away from developping a skill or looking for a job. So, don't fall for it.

If people would calm the fuck down about this generally we'd be a lot better off.
>>
>>18060494
its kinda hard to stay calm when its becoming increasingly clear that our president has a mental illness

oh what's that, you elected me to create jobs, here let me just undermine the authority of judges because they said no to me. That's what people want, right?
>>
>>18060500
Just because you don't like his personality doesn't mean he has a mental illness
>>
>>18060506
signs and symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder according to DSMV

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
3. Believe that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. Requires excessive admiration
5. Has a sense of entitlement
6. Is interpersonally exploitative
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

sounds like someone we know
>>
>>18060500
I don't know man, I'm wary about the way he's acting but on the other hand he gets a bad spotlight on literally everything.
I read /pol/ once in a while to get the Trump-sucking crowds' reading of events, which I then put next to the leftist retelling of it, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The issue is that the arguments are not "I don't agree with this and this aspect of the policy", the arguments are:
>reeeeee
>he literally hitler
>he mentally ill
>he a fascist neonazi and so is everyone who still supports him
etc
When that's the tone of your arguments the only thing that happen is that the people who sorta support him end up retreating to echo chambers because apparently voting trump is on par with gassing jews and I should be punched. It's the entire reason people are more and more starting to dislike feminists, by screeching about your thing like you hold the ultimate truth, you're just putting people off from ever discussing shit.
I mean, I think a large fraction of the people who voted Trump were people who thought some things along the lines of what he said but then were met with a barrage of "you are such a bad person". It didn't make them stop, it created resentment and all they wanted was to make the people who said this shit pay and cry. So every time you add something to that situation, you're making it worse.
>>
>>18060518
You can't diagnose people by proxy nor outside of an evaluation by a psychiatrist or psychologist trained to do so. Stop that meme.
>>
>>18060525
well there has undeniably been a surge in antisemitism and attacks against jews since Trump took office, that's a fact.

As a jew this concerns me, I don't want to live in a country where my religion makes me a target.

>>18060532
alright then, lets just say I find his personality and bizarre behavior disturbing. His reactions to losing in court over the travel ban were not presidential.
>>
File: 1467743316719.jpg (359KB, 743x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1467743316719.jpg
359KB, 743x1069px
>>18060539
>a surge in
>that's a fact
well, people are certainly a lot more tense about racial stuff than before, agreed. However see pic related, I'm always wary about the "literally hitler" thing but that doesn't mean I'll deny it either if you have good evidence.
I think it's how people should react, not go "la la la can't hear you", but just don't take everything at face value either.
I'm a woman and not exactly a big burly guy and when I see stuff like the Berkeley riots I'm concerned about the rise in violence too. There's a very annoying trend of "revolution is a-ok" speech lately.

>his reactions weren't presidential
well, he isn't a politician so I wasn't surprised. Not saying that I liked it either, I wish he would react in a more poised way than with
>SAD!
>FAKE NEWS REEEEEE
but generally people started rioting over shit Obama did before but he was black and popular so it was all okay.
>>
>>18060570
>but generally people started rioting over shit Obama did before but he was black and popular so it was all okay.
what do you mean by this
>>
>>18060581
Obama broke all the records in deporting immigrants

Obama had a 6 month ban on Iran

Obama administration was the one to put the 7 countries on the file of "dangerous countries do not allow entry"

It isn't a muslim ban, it's a pause until we are sure that vetting procedures are as tight as they can be for a number of countries, muslims from Indonesia can still come over for example

There is a lot of "omg how bad, how evil" that falls apart when you consider what is actually meant by the policies and when people think for themselves two seconds.
>>
>>18060593
I recommend reading this
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3438487/Dissent-Memo.pdf

its a memo from the state department explaining why they think the travel ban won't make america safer and may even make it less safe
>>
>>18060599
Alright, I read it. I had already heard the arguments somewhere else.
See, I'll be honest with you, I'm sort of in the dark whether Trump really believes this is to stop terrorism, or if this is actually really just a way to try to stop people from these countries to enter because we don't like them.

Personally, very honestly? I don't like those countries. I don't like Saudi-Arabia or others much more but I do believe that there is something very wrong in the arab middle east that could be religious, cultural or half-half, due to actions of our own country and others. Now, of course there are amazing scientists and rocket doctors that come over with people from there, but I don't think the drawbacks of the open door policy is worth it. Last time when I visited Paris I thought it was a good lesson on how not to deal with this. That's definitely racism on my part, or bigotry, and I'm not denying that, just that this is Hitler-tier.
On the other hand I can absolutely acknowledge that as much as I prefer living in a western society, many people over there might dream of living here too. It's just that the don't suddenly transform into all 'round americans the moment they step foot on our soul, they retain a lot of stuff from their home land, more than just cuisine, and it changes the fabric of society.

Anyhow they have some great suggestions too as far as safety is concerned, like some programs to fund so I hope it's taken into account.

I just had to laugh a bit at certain things.
>equality and multiculturalism are core american values
and then later talk about bans that they had from 1920 to 1960, doesn't seem like it's that much of a core value.

anyhow, we're now stuck in a back and forth discussion on the good or bad, the right or wrong on policies and this is unfortunately usually how things end up.
>>
>>18060624
just because we haven't lived up to our ideals in the past doesn't mean we should stop trying now

I just feel that America and the world benefits from us having our doors open to travelers without any real down sides. Did you note the part in that memo where they say that new arrivals from these countries make up such an insignificant number of terrorist attacks that its ridiculous, most terror attacks are from people who were born in America, and only a very small number of those are even done by muslims. The one real exception was 9/11 and 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia which is exempt. So how is antagonizing the muslim world supposed to protect us? And before you say its not a muslim ban that's certainly how its perceived in the muslim world. Especially when you have trump tweeting about how he wants to make exceptions to the travel ban for christians.
>>
>>18060636
>I just feel that America and the world benefits from us having our doors open to travelers without any real down sides.
I don't, really. And you can shove numbers in my face about how much they are contributing, here we're talking about feelings, changes in what I hear on the street when I walk around, different levels of noise, of perceived crime, all of those flimsy things that are feeling-based and I just find myself highly resistant to it.
Sorry.
You can paint this as a moral failure on my part if you want.
>>
>>18060487
Haha no I'm not believing that shit. The rest of the trump supporting country can and does, but I refuse to just lump it all up as an exaggerated coincidence. Because it isn't. These are some sick people.
>>
>>18059728
if you want some reassurance, most people have started seeing (human) beans as potential drug lords everywhere so they're also scared of you

but agree, the government "feels" evil in a way
>>
File: data.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
data.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
>>18060746
>I admit that my views are unjustifiable and not based on reality but I'm not going to change them
>>
File: banepostingforants.jpg (8KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
banepostingforants.jpg
8KB, 246x205px
>>18060824
Well how would you proceed if you're so much smarter?
>>
>>18060829
take an objective look at my opinions and say if they are not supported by reality then change them
>>
>>18059583
this holy fucking shit
people just need to stop breeding, let the world die out peacefully
birth is murder, life is suffering, just avoid it altogether
>>
>>18060836
Well that's not how it works either. I can point you to scientific evidence that says that trust between people crumbles the more multicultural a society becomes. Will you suddenly agree multiculturalism is bad? There isn't a clear cut agreement on how good or bad immigration is, just a societal choice. Same for the reasons for differing crime rates (one person will say it's poverty, a /pol/lack will just tell you it's race, i think it's much more complicated but then i'm not a social scientist).

We all have a tendency to confirmation bias in any case, hence why in medical sciences we make such an effort with double blind testing.

All I'm saying is people that are vastly dissimilar to myself make me uneasy and to be fair this has been proven over and over again for most people, we have in-group preferences. Most of us, as proved by the precious IAT. Doesn't mean I can suddenly stopped being scared around blacks or muslims.
>>
>>18060849
yet you admit its irrational

why do you focus on what's different instead of what's similar
>>
>>18060855
Good one.
I'll think about it a little.

I think the thing is that I perceive a threat? And that threat level isn't always wrong either.
>>
>>18060869
>I think the thing is that I perceive a threat?
of course, but we need to think about these things rationally. 94% of terrorist attacks in America since 9/11 were done by non muslims.

>Of the more than 300 American deaths from political violence and mass shootings since 9/11, only 33 have come at the hands of Muslim-Americans, according to the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security. The Muslim-American suspects or perpetrators in these or other attempted attacks fit no demographic profile—only 51 of more than 200 are of Arabic ethnicity. In 2012, all but one of the nine Muslim-American terrorism plots uncovered were halted in early stages. That one, an attempted bombing of a Social Security office in Arizona, caused no casualties.

>Since 9/11, [Charles Kurzman, Professor of Sociology at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, writing for the Triangle Center on Terrorism and National Security] and his team tallies, 33 Americans have died as a result of terrorism launched by their Muslim neighbors. During that period, 180,000 Americans were murdered for reasons unrelated to terrorism. In just the past year, the mass shootings that have captivated America’s attention killed 66 Americans, “twice as many fatalities as from Muslim-American terrorism in more than a decade since 9/11,”

my source
https://fds.duke.edu/db/attachment/1255
>>
>>18060890
yeah but in europe it's near 100% these days
>>
>>18060911
their problems are not ours, it would be a mistake to say the two situations are equal

they really fucked themselves with that uncontrolled refugee policy. I understand that a lot of people were disturbed by the plight of civilians caught up in the Syrian civil war but there's a right and a wrong way to go about doing it. If the refugee camps in the surrounding countries are overwhelmed then work with those countries to improve them, and then if you want to ease the burden by allowing some of them into your own country use your intelligence services to vet people in the refugee camps for ties to terrorism then allow them in. That's what we in the US have done, not just say whoever walks here is fine, that's a ridiculous policy. Germany had no idea who any of those people were.

That is not and has never been America's policy so you should not equate their situation to ours. Europe also has the problem of each country having their own law enforcement, and problems with local and federal law enforcement not working together, to say nothing of working with other countries. That's why you have the Paris terror attackers who were able to hide out in Belgium for so long without getting detected. Belgium has extreme systemic problems with government agencies not cooperating, so many different law enforcement agencies had information on them but didn't share it. After 9/11 that was recognized as a problem here in the US with the FBI and CIA not properly communicating, so the department of Homeland Security was created to ensure better cooperation, Europe doesn't have anything like that. Add to the fact that European nations have problems with assimilation that America doesn't. If you're an arab living in Belgium you will NEVER be Belgian even if you were born there and speak the language. That is simply not true in America where national identity and racial identity are not one and the same.
>>
>>18060930
Funny, because what I get from this is that if I was a Belgian or something, and I said I wanted a Trump-style ban, you'd actually agree with me?

Anyhow, yeah reading that I agree that things are very different in the US and in Europe.

Also, I mean, they have the tiniest countries ever and still vastly different cultures as far as I could see while traveling, so I doubt they'll ever be very good at assimilating. When I was in Paris the french would diss the french-speaking Belgians because of their accent or something.
>>
>>18060957
>if I was a Belgian or something, and I said I wanted a Trump-style ban, you'd actually agree with me
well its a different situation, but no I don't think that would be the proper answer. Really what they need is to just end that sorry excuse for a country already. The three different ethnic groups in Belgium all hate eachother and the federal government is largely powerless, its an ungovernable country. A lot of people call it the world's wealthiest failed state, and for good reason.

But yeah, the fact that America is a nation of immigrants without a shared racial history is a definite strength. People shit on multiculturalism so much, but without it America wouldn't even exist. When my ancestors came here they had a culture extremely different from the dominant national one, didn't speak english, and weren't even christian. But now just 4-5 generations later I'm merely a white guy. If that's not evidence that multiculturalism works I don't know what is. We have the unique ability to attract the best and brightest from every country in the world and easily integrate them in a way the nations of Europe simply can't. Their national racial identity really holds them back imo.
>>
So you are watching politics to kill your time? In my opinion politics is nothing better than a reality show. If you are not part of it why would you even bother?! You have your own life and its problems to focus on. I recommend you to watch chanel on yt called "The school of life" best self development channel if you ask me.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.