[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go about living in a garage? I don't have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1487017058919.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487017058919.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
How do you go about living in a garage?

I don't have a garage, I don't have anything actually. I make around $1k a month, and want to live in a garage. I want a garage/work shop type building that will allow me to focus on my projects, that will also provide me with a living space. To elaborate, I want to buid a car, I'll need a place to keep tools and parts, and obviously the car itself. It occurred to me that it might be wise to rent/mortgage a garage some place to do this in.

Then I really started thinking about it and realized I'd spend most of my time there. The thought of quartering off a living space really appeals to me, but how do you find a suitable building? Everytime I look up a garage or garage living all I find is people converting home garages into livingrooms.
>>
>>18059035
I don't know the technical term for such a building, or where I'd even find one. I live in FL if it's any help. Aside from a general open area to keep cars, boxes and tools, it would need electricity and plumbing. All I really need is a place to shit, wash myself, and sleep. I'll need a place to plug in a deep freezer to store vaccum sealed meat that I can cook outside on a small camping/tailgating grill. Also some sort of ventilation I'd imagine.

What kind of building am I describing?
>>
An auto shop? I don't think people rent these out unless you actually have a business.
>>
>>18059035
Isn't there laws requiring access to running water and sewage?
>>
>>18059486
And local council zoning. The landlord of the building my parents have their business in got into serious legal trouble for basically installing an apartment/flat in a premises zoned as commercial, not residential.
>>
>>18059498
>want to change door on house
>need a permit
Depending on where you live there can be a lot of asinine regulations.
>>
>>18059546
Sure, but in that case and a case like OP's, it's also for health and safety. There are different standards for a building depending on what it's intended for.
>>
>>18059552
OK. So what would you suggest that I do?

Cause it sounds like what you're telling me is that I need a one bedroom studio/apartment with a 4 car garage
>>
>>18059611
That's basically it.
>>
get two buckets. one for piss. the other for shit
>>
See if anyone in your area is renting out parts of their house
Preferably people that don't actually live in the house full time
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.