[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thinking of assembling a cheap gaming rig for programming (and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

thinking of assembling a cheap gaming rig for programming (and casual gaming). I wanted to pair up an i3 6100 with an rx 470 - dude at the local pc store told me the soc would bottleneck the graphics card and that I should get an i5 processor. is this true? I'm fairly stranded for cash so i don't want to waste momey. should i just get a 1050 ti for less 40€ or should i go for something even cheaper?
>>
>fairly stranded for cash
>cheap gaming rig
If you knew what you were doing you could maybe pull it off. Really depends what you're looking to run. You could always cheap out on ram and graphics and upgrade them later. This could be ideal if all you want to do is play some mova shit or something.

Also >>>/g/ so they can laugh at you. It's an experience.
>>
>>18058918
thanks for your input but I think you've missed the point of my thread. also, I'd seriously like to know what's so laughable about my question...
>>
>>18058918
also stuff like GTA IV/V, battlefield 1, saints row iv, possibly the next halo. desu i'm off the gaming scene for a long time due to not having a computer in nearly three years so i'll probably find some other cool games to play when i actually have my desktop.
>>
>>18058910
have you been on the website my pc part picker.

I do programming, but I have no idea about hardware. So i can't answer the question. My pc partpicker allows you to build your own pc and it checks to make sure all the parts are compatible.
>>
>>18058958
yes - actually my build is inspired on the entry level gaming PC build (thus the i3-6100 + rx 470 combo) but unfortunately stuff like the case/brand of ram/power supply is not avaliable in my country. also going to change that 250GB ssd to a 1TB HDD since 250GB is way too little.
>>
>>18058957
Okay that's far from casual and you're going to need rig on par with (ideally better) than current consoles which is probably out of your budget.

Just looking at Battlefield 1 it requires at least an i5-6600K

Also listen to >>18058958. It eliminates virtually all compatability issues.
>>
>>18058988
lmao really? from what i know and i3 6100 + rx 470/gtx 1050 ti + 8GB of DDR4 ram will shit all over the gaming power on current-gen consoles. and i guess i could always lower the graphics to medium...
>>
>>18059034
Look dude.get the games and any programs you plan on using and make sure you meet the min specs. Make sure everything is compatible and go to the pc building general for specifica.
>>
>>18059040
the point of this thread was to know if an rx 470 paired up with an i3 6100 was worth it due to possible bottlenecking on the graphic card or if would be wise to go with the cheaper 1050ti but thanks friend.

also if anyone could recommend me any other graphic card in this price range id really like it.
>>
>>18058910
It won't. The 6100 will also give you an upgradeable socket when you have some cash. However, the i5 6400 is a decent price comparison if you can spit out the extra bit of cash. I build computers for people online as some extra income and have been since about 2005. I'm not an expert by any means but you'll get solid performance out of that combo. Bottlenecking happens in various ways, but you're talking about almost 0 frames difference on the average with that pair.
>>
>>18058910
It may, but likely wont for most games.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3273504/3220-470.html
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.