[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Should I break a friendship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1482710161560.png (300KB, 600x568px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482710161560.png
300KB, 600x568px
I have a friend who's literally happy all the time. No matter what happens to her, she's going to be fine the next day. And it's not the kind of "oh, she's just hiding it". No, we're really close friends and she has talked about her private stuff before, and she never complains about anything and is always happy.

Me, being depressed, looking at her, I feel like shit. I can't comprehend her happiness and I envy it.
>>
For your sake. If you want to break the friendship. Do it. If it makes you feel better.

I can garuntee you wont feel happier.

Have you asked her why shes so happy all the time?
>>
>>18058338
She said she realizes life is meaningless so it's best to cherish every moment.

I can't think that way.
>>
>>18058347
Thats completely okay that you dont think that way.

But if you want to feel happy. Dont compare your life to hers. Your a completley different person with a set of understandings unique to you.

If you want to be happy, try to find a path your way.

Like I said. Break your friendship, if that makes you feel happy.

I
>>
>>18058347
>I can't think that way.
*won't

it still feels like a can't because you've not yet figured out your thoughts are subject to your will and thus your mind is yours to control (perception, perspective, how emotions get processed, how events, information, experiences get processed, your outlook, and yes even your mood)

don't sweat it m8, "all in due time" each of us gets there when we're ready
>>
>>18058347
How do you think?
>>
File: download.png (6KB, 279x180px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.png
6KB, 279x180px
>>18058359
>Your
>>
>>18058301
Im reasonably similar to your friend, although they seem to take it to another level lol.
One of my friends asked how I'm happy all the time I asked them how real should I be and they said they were serious. I told them that life is a joke, and we're all dying. Let's play some video games.

Basically we realize there is no logical reason to dwell on negative emotions, as we have limited time. Let go and meme. It's basiclly what actual nihilists are, not wannabe edge lords.

If you dwell on how you are "less happy" than your friend and become less happy because of it can you see how silly and counter productive that is? You get on a treadmill of being less happy.

If you have questions on how people like us think fire away~

Also you almost definitely will not become more happy, keep positive things in your life.
>>
>>18058407
Honestly, this.

I wouldn't cur positive people out of your life, as they are simply hard to find, and are a great source of energy and support. Take the time to learn how to be happy. Its a mind set that has to be found and strengthened.
>>
>>18058347
This sounds like me, I didn't know that me acting that way could be toxic to other people.
>>
>>18058407
This is exactly how I think.
>>
>>18058301
You're living in a first world country i assume? Take some fucking notes, i dont know why you girls always have to force yourself to be depressed to get attention
>>
OP I too used to be a negative person. Until I realized that it was doing nothing but holding me back. Now don't get me wrong, I do still feel down from time to time. I just make an effort to happy when good things happen and learn from the bad things.

Also the book "To love is to be happy with" is a great resource for learning why you make yourself feel unhappy. Look deep inside of yourself OP, you know why you feel unhappy. Go fix that shit and enjoy life while you can.

Also psychedelics help when it comes to self diagnosing psychological issues that you may have repressed.
>>
>>18058301
>Me, being depressed, looking at her, I feel like shit. I can't comprehend her happiness and I envy it.
The problem isn't her or your depression. The problem is that you're a fucking self-absorbed, self-pitying, jealous piece of human trash. You may want to try fixing that instead. I can guarantee you that you'll just be more depressed for ending a friendship for such a retarded reason.
>>
>>18058347
That's impossible

You can't see life as having no point at all and be happy about it at the same time. That should be causing nothing but distress in anybody that actually believes it.

Sounds like she's coping and using the happiness to keep herself from going fucking insane from believing life has no point at all.
>>
>>18058728
Don't get me wrong it's a line you walk. But, it's not necessarily true.
It's like, imagine if you could eat or not eat anything you wanted whenever with no side effects. We realize there is no point, and go straight to desert.
>>
>>18058301
Maybe you should turn your envy into good influence by trying to apply at least of her attitude in your life? Knowing you're depressed, don't you wish to be happy?
>>
>>18058301
Honestly that sounds brilliant to me. Is she a really nice person?
I love people who are always happy, especially when I am going through a bout of depression. When I feel bad 90% of the time all I want is to be with someone happy so I can fuck around and make shitty jokes and try and live around my unhappiness.
Too bad most of my mates are boring gamer-faggot types anyway.
>>
>>18058301
Honestly If It was me who's your friend I'm the one who'd break the friendship. Negative emotion and mindset are contagious af.
>>18058668
Yeah, I agree with this.
>>
>>18058301
Don't break the friendship unless you like her and have feelings for her. If you like her romantically, leave her.

Otherwise. The best thing you can do is surround yourself with people that you want to influence you. Don't hang out with depressed fa**s. It will only bring you down.

Yes, you feel down, but imagine when you finally get some self confidence in yourself.
>>
File: 1377472582187.png (154KB, 640x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1377472582187.png
154KB, 640x352px
>>18060100
>>
Meaninglessness and happiness aren't an either/or choice.
Think of Sisyphus, ordained by the gods to roll a boulder up a mountain, only to watch it roll back down the other side ad perpetuum... one must imagine Sisyphus happy. "God" given or found on your own, you must learn that meaning for it all, and how you feel about it, are entirely on you to figure out.
I was miserable for most of my life. Then a couple friends killed themselves, and I realised I never had grounds to complain... and it extended onwards to realise, most importantly of all, that these paralyzing thoughts of self doubt - or any thought, word, action or even person - if it does not serve you, joke's on you if you want to cart it all the way through life.
Also, ditch your happy friend. You autistic, self absorbed pussy.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.